Hot Toys Avengers Campus Iron Mark LXXX ( 80 ) CMS 018 D60

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Oh, it'd definitely a repaint of the 85. The shoulder pads, elbows, rib cage area, thighs and shins have different colors but otherwise nothing new to see here. Maybe the shin armor is revised but that's it.

Oh, it definitely isn't.

The thighs, knees, shoulders and biceps appear to be from the 85. The helmet is from the 85 but with a new faceplate.

The rest of it appears to be a new model, as I can't place the torso/traps/forearms/shins to any other mark.

mark80.jpg

Oh, it definitely isn't.

The thighs, knees, shoulders and biceps appear to be from the 85. The helmet is from the 85 but with a new faceplate.

The rest of it appears to be a new model, as I can't place the torso/traps/forearms/shins to any other mark.

Huh, fair enough. I guess the overall similarity makes sense if this is supposed to be an immediate predecessor to the 85, but that is definitely a new mold on the torso and forearms. The helmet's harder to make out due to the reflection on the indented pieces at the top, but the eyes are in a flatter configuration.

It's growing on me, I must say. For something commissioned for Disney World it really feels like it belongs in the MCU - like a build Tony would've tinkered with during the Snap Era while improving the nanite configuration. Was it designed by one of the concept artists who worked on IW/Endgame, perchance?

Edit: ...guess I should've waited for the comment below, huh?

Oh, it definitely isn't.

View attachment 719003

That's the initial/inaccurate mk 85 HT. The features were updated since Disney can't stop doing post production updates on the cgi. Anyway, the lower half of the torso is from the 85. So the head with upper torso, lower arms, and lower legs are new.

Well you can have him smoosh a shawarma on the facial slit of the helmet, following the tradition of the Campus Spidey churro. Even has the same spider bot repainted

454578153_900845212079492_2292173755644348159_n.jpg

I think Hot Toys is actively making me start to dislike Iron Man. I can’t stand the sight of him anymore :lol
Same. The endless variants take up release spots that could otherwise go to other characters/figures. That's the main problem for me
We are missing so many characters from groups or villains, side characters etc but theres never a shortage of Iron Man Chrome figures :thud:

and now RDJ is returning as Dr Doom. I don't know what that's about but IM/Tony went from my favourite to someone overstaying their welcome a tiny bit :lol

justins review is up on youtube. theres enough diferences for me to buy this if osk can get it.

Oh, it definitely isn't.

View attachment 719003
OK I stand corrected, but having only seen that initial FB pic of him in his packaging (first post) I think I can be forgiven for assuming HT adhered to form and went the quick and dirty, cash grab repaint route lol...

I wonder how many of these Sideshow will get? I'm guessing it'll be another lottery/virtual queue scenario like HT's recent Mark III & VII repaints. Those were what, $400? I suppose HT will ask a bit more for this what with its unique design elements. And for once I agree with Justin - those mesh vent details are a nice design touch. If I was to get lucky in the Sideshow lottery (& the price isn't ridiculous) I might actually pull the trigger.

Back