Hot Toys Batman V. Superman Dawn of Justice Speculation Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I didn't know play arts were making these. They look cool. I once considered collecting play arts, always thought they were a good cheaper alternative to HT, but in the end decided to go the distance with HT. Another thought is that this toy companies have these figures almost finished with accesories and all so that means that we might see these figures in pre order before the movie release or even better see them release by the time the movies comes out. It worked for a couple of marvel figures.

SDCC2015-Play-Arts-DC-Comics-004.jpgSDCC2015-Play-Arts-DC-Comics-007.jpgSDCC2015-Play-Arts-DC-Comics-014.jpgSDCC2015-Play-Arts-DC-Comics-017.jpg

Last edited:
If you wanna go with news and rumors that are most likely true go to heroichollywood.com if is not there is not real.

Nope. I find that unlikely. We'll see how BvS does first. I have heard the rumour that George Miller (mad max director) will shoot MOS2

I heard that, also. I hope there's going to be a MoS 2.

I was getting the impression that DC is treating Superman in the DCCU the way Marvel is treating Iron Man in the MCU, in the sense that that particular character is the backbone so to speak of the franchise.

Supposedly MoS2 is on hold right now, and apparently Miller is not involved, not cancelled, just on hold (there obviously has to be more Supes solo movies), but it's just as much of a rumor as the involvement of Miller was to begin with.

Man those PAKS look bad, I'm glad I sold the few PAKS I had, I hate their style, proportioning, paint, articulation, everything about PAK I hate.

Mos2 was put on hold when they did BvS. Until it goes to theater there's no reason to make any plans regarding it. Considering we start shooting justice league in January, and the actors are in it that would be in MOs2, and then you got reshoots and other schedule projects and promotional tour and pressers..of course mos2 was put in a hold pattern. But it wasn't for anything specific. But becuase they opted to go connected universe and jumpstart it with the slot mos2 would have been in. Miller or anyone else attached, or really any details, no matter where they are posted, are complete shots in the dark. They are years out from doing anything on it. With another movie with those actors and characters scheduled in the meantime.

He makes da costumes :panic: I think.

Thanks for the insider info Motux, makes sense they put MoS2 on hold, I just hope there's a solo Supes movies after JL.

Supposedly MoS2 is on hold right now, and apparently Miller is not involved, not cancelled, just on hold (there obviously has to be more Supes solo movies), but it's just as much of a rumor as the involvement of Miller was to begin with.

Man those PAKS look bad, I'm glad I sold the few PAKS I had, I hate their style, proportioning, paint, articulation, everything about PAK I hate.

The only good PAK I've seen is Arkham Origins Batman. That one is actually pretty good. The rest you're right about. Wacky proportions and they stylize them way too much.

What do you do in film, Motuxmen?

Props, costume (not the sewing part..but fabrication stuff. Along with cowls and prosthetic pieces on occasion if others get swamped) as well as set builds and location stuff. Even work on vehicles occasionally. Not engineering. But often they have the same car painted up or BD or whatever a bunch of different ways. That way you just switch out the car in the shot not..instead of shooting and then waiting for the car to get done. For example the impala in Supernatural. Usually five or six of them done in seperate ways. At least in the first 1-6 seasons.

I really want to sculpt a new 1/6th scale Henry Cavill head from BVS. Would I be in trouble if I just go ahead and sculpt his head now before the release? Really want to land a job in Hot Toys as a toy designer/sculptor.

True. I dunno why I asked that.

Ok. Maybe I'll sculpt one sometime soon. Maybe this expression?

FB_IMG_1438173413698.jpg

Or this with arched expression?

Batman-V-Superman-Dawn-Of-Justice-Henry-Cavill-Images.jpg

Imagine 1/6th scale if he looks like this...

3-new-photos-from-batman-v-superman-show-the-2-heroes-and-lex-luthor2.jpg

He looks so different compared to MOS, because in this instance, he really looks a lot like Kingdom Come Superman.

No problem at all, just sculpting it . I think there will be no problem at all as long youre not try monetize it

Not sure how Hot Toys search a talent though but for sure you need create sculpt that up their standard

Doesnt superman have the s curl in this movie? I prefer that look than the m shape hair line.

I too like the expression better in the second picture more so than the first one.

Doesnt superman have the s curl in this movie? I prefer that look than the m shape hair line.

For me, I actually like the hairstyle without the S curl.

tumblr_inline_nsa4j4jmPP1sl2cuq_500.gif

I'm not overly fond of the wet, slicked hair look in BvS though; I like the way his hair was styled in MoS.

Back