Hot Toys Batman V. Superman Dawn of Justice Speculation Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I really want to sculpt a new 1/6th scale Henry Cavill head from BVS. Would I be in trouble if I just go ahead and sculpt his head now before the release? Really want to land a job in Hot Toys as a toy designer/sculptor.

No legal or copy right issue with that. But if you use it to advertise a site, or sell it then it gets complicated. As for using it to get a job...you will need hundreds and hundreds of examples. Need to show progress and ability to alter your direction(as well as take direction). The best way to go is make customs and post them to a site like statue forum. Or get them published somewhere. As for working directly with hot toys...don't fixate on them. There are tens of thousands of people all trying to fill a couple dozen jobs yearly. Visability is a large part of it. And having an in(a person you know, or a place you know your work will be seen). Yes they search sites from time to time. But going the statue route(through statue forum) and posting there is a great way to get seen. Dozens of working industry pros frequent there and post. And multiple companies (xm, sideshow, koto, Bowen for example) have used the site to recruit talent.

I think these pictures are good for me to show now that my current sculpt looks different than the ones displayed here.

I had this head sculpt painted as well, but as soon as I saw the eyes when painted, I realized the sculpted eyes were placed too far from each other, so since then, I'm still working on the eyes, unfortunately.

Progress.jpgProgress.jpg

Plastic enemies is teasing BVS twice last night or this morning. Be on the look out. I really wish this is a real tease and not a random pic share.

Yeah but he teases when somethings coming and he has been teasing BVS. Last pic was a couple of hours ago. Is there a toyfair or something this weekend?

To be honest, the MOST impressive coming from Plastic Enemies are all their Batman figures. Their figures look exactly like how they looked in the movie, top to bottom, all the way around. I'm pretty sure they'll do a fantastic job with Ben Affleck as Batman.

My most concern is their Superman... They only did one, and that one is out of scale (amazing figure, but too big).

They seem to give Batman more attention than Superman. Their Batman figures have better accessories, and more exchangeable facial expressions. Both Henry Cavill and Christopher Reeve got nothing, but stoic expressions.

I thought that, if I remember correctly, when they did that Avengers 200% showcase, Hot Toys' Secret Base announced that the next one would be "Batman V Superman 200%" in September, but I thought they meant 2016. It'd be awesome if that's what PE was hyping.

Hot Toys is the figure company. Plastic enemies is a photography facebook page where they publish some final production pics of a figure. Here we call the Bloggers.

Hot Toys is the figure company. Plastic enemies is a photography facebook page where they publish some final production pics of a figure. Here we call the Bloggers.

I misunderstood about Plastic Enemies. Lol. I thought they actually made these figures. Their news section were typed in asian language, so I had no idea.

Cmon HT start putting Supes and Bats up for PO- makes sense as these guys have been shown all Summer in trailers and pics. Bet these will be ready for release around the time the movie comes out.

Back