Hot Toys - CMS023 - 1/6th scale Venom Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sold. I do wish we got a half Eddie/Venom sculpt but I'm really digging the open mouth sculpt on this. Love these two shots specifically.

Reminds me of how Ultimate Venom was drawn on the covers. Really glad I waited on all the past Venom figures that they've done.

2c02e8d8e6358c1e748bf66b8364ce41.jpeg

K1Qpyb1.png
E6k6jGb.png

Last edited:
Sold. I do wish we got a half Eddie/Venom sculpt but I'm really digging the open mouth sculpt on this. Love these these two shots specifically.

Reminds me of how Ultimate Venom was drawn on the covers. Really glad I waited on all the past Venom figures that they've done.

2c02e8d8e6358c1e748bf66b8364ce41.jpeg

K1Qpyb1.png
E6k6jGb.png
For me, it reminds me very much of the Lethal Protector run, especially the mouth and teeth shape.

Possibly March 2026 release on SS. That seems like such a long time away 😬

I still have the Marvel Spider-man 2 Venom on PO, supposedly scheduled to release end of the year but I'm not sure I see that happening or if I even want it anymore with this new one coming out.

Possibly March 2026 release on SS. That seems like such a long time away 😬

I still have the Marvel Spider-man 2 Venom on PO, supposedly scheduled to release end of the year but I'm not sure I see that happening or if I even want it anymore with this new one coming out.
That is a ways off for a figure that at this point, they could technically do in their sleep. Maybe it will be closer to the late '25 window. Since I'm ordering this, I plan on turning my Venom 1 figure into....RHINO!

Yeah we definitely need to hound them to add some web effects. I don't know what HT's obsession is with these extra tendril heads is.

Venom is dark Spider-Man, he should be swinging. He is not the Hulk who leaps from place to place.

Especially since this is supposed to be a comic version.

Yeah we definitely need to hound them to add some web effects. I don't know what HT's obsession is with these extra tendril heads is.
He’s had them in the comics for a while, since the early 90s. It’s comic-accurate.
0bd9c383594d36638af5bff7b0f0758b.jpg

Even the games used them.
tumblr_mqgdtdsAH91s1uqd4o1_500.gif

But I get it. He did plenty of webslinging too.

The portrait reminds me of the Marvel Legends Icons 12" Venom from the 2000s.

1729096381740.jpeg

Surprised they went through the trouble of including three tongues, but only two headsculpts (both of which are in the same style). It's a nice figure and a no-brainer for anyone who's wanted a high-end Venom, but the set could've easily been so much more comprehensive. Another head or two in a different style, switch-out feet, this would've been truly perfect. Well, as perfect as a rubber-suited figure can be.

Not keen on how the abs are bunching up there...

Surprised they went through the trouble of including three tongues, but only two headsculpts (both of which are in the same style). It's a nice figure and a no-brainer for anyone who's wanted a high-end Venom, but the set could've easily been so much more comprehensive. Another head or two in a different style, switch-out feet, this would've been truly perfect. Well, as perfect as a rubber-suited figure can be.

He comes with switch-out feet. The headsculpts aren’t exactly the same style either, which is noticeable in the eye shape differences. One is more Bagley and one more Larsen, to my eyes.

I hear you about the height but, they're never going to make Venom smaller. As far as the feet go, it does look like HT listened(?) To folks gripe about the feet and accommodated us...?

View attachment 732621
Personally, I'm more bothered that we didn't get any web shooting accessories.
Yeah, cool they did that, but the second pair of feet still has toes. They're just not spread apart. I like my Venom with boot looking feet like Spider-Man has. Not toes.

Yup. This bad boy is perfect! Also glad it’s not as big as the movie version. That one is honestly ridiculous lol Hot Toys has been blessing us with great figs lately. Especially the Hono stuff (aside from the maskless wolverine fiasco) which has surprised me in a good way
?

He's slightly bigger than the movie version. He's smaller than the videogame version which is ridiculouslybig at like 17".

Yup.

Damn this is absolutely beautiful! And he’s the perfect height. This is literally venom right here!

Perfect height you say?? I guess if you like a giant Venom.

thundertoys-spider-man-is-so-great-since-i-need-to-do-some-v0-gdgy6wpkf7a81.jpg

07zv6o9prqo71.jpg

Comic Venom shouldn't be that big. At most a head taller than Spider-Man. I know he's varied in size over the 30 + years depending on the artist, but he's like comic Hulk size here.

Glad for those that are happy.

He comes with switch-out feet.
Yeah, cool they did that, but the second pair of feet still has toes. They're just not spread apart. I like my Venom with boot looking feet like Spider-Man has. Not toes.
Whoops, didn't notice that. So they went through the trouble of including a second pair of feet, but not the ones people asked for?

Eh, I suppose the alternate pair have the toes close enough that they read as classic from far away. That's something.

Back