Hot Toys DX05- Indiana Jones (Raiders of the Lost Ark) 1/6 Figure Full Specs + Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
ScreenUsedFedora4a.jpg

Indiana Jones and the Lost Likeness..
Shame on you HT and Arnie Kim.

Wait, I can get a SS Indy for $80 :chase

I always just assume that anything HT/SS/Koto/Bowen/DCD etc is ultra expensive regardless of quality that I don't even bother looking for older stuff.

I need to stop assuming I guess :lol

$80.....hmmm....I think I needs me an Indy on my shelf.

For that price, does he have legs.

First it was: wait for in-hand pics...

now its: wait for GOOD in hand pics.

Next it will be: you really need to see it in your own hand.

Face it yay-sayers, this is not the figure most of you have been hoping for.

I really did want to eat crow and get a great Indy. Now, I'm just glad I didn't get stuck with a preorder. Fodder for parts is all I see here.

After all the commotion about the likeness, I am actually surprised they changed absolutely nothing from the poorly received prototype. I blame Enterbay--they don't have a Harrison Ford figure coming out, so obviously HT has no reason to do anything.

After all the commotion about the likeness, I am actually surprised they changed absolutely nothing from the poorly received prototype. I blame Enterbay--they don't have a Harrison Ford figure coming out, so obviously HT has no reason to do anything.

:lecture:lecture:lecture

LOL, it seems HT makes snap decisions on what Enterbay is doing, which IS kinda funny.

EB don't have a CR Supes coming out either so I don't think your argument works

My theory is that Arnie only had time to fix Reeve, and HT stuck to the same release date for Indy. They should have pushed him back to allow Arnie to rework the sculpt.

But then again, they probably though 'oh heck we have soooo much stuff to get through with all our announced licenses, let's just release Indy as he is, the suckers will buy him up anyway'

Re: Hot Toys Indiana Jones In Hand Pics

You're too kind :lol

If Supes is 95%, IMO this is no better than 75% at best.

Yeah, probably true... which is still good in the world of 1/6; but not if its just looking at other HT figures. Sculpt and jacket are the big issues on this one; if those had been tweaked this would have been a winner.

Why do i ve the feeling that the peeps that are saying "it looks ok" are the ones that already paid for this, LOL....

Nope, did not order this... was considering it, but I'll just stick with my custom version.

HT does a good Bale.

But not a HF.

Which means only one thing, we need Bale to make an Indy movie so that we can finally get our perfect Indy.

There, problem solved.

EB don't have a CR Supes coming out either so I don't think your argument works

My theory is that Arnie only had time to fix Reeve, and HT stuck to the same release date for Indy. They should have pushed him back to allow Arnie to rework the sculpt.

But then again, they probably though 'oh heck we have soooo much stuff to get through with all our announced licenses, let's just release Indy as he is, the suckers will buy him up anyway'

Oh it totally works. Like someone mentioned, HT makes snap decisions on whatever EB does. How many projects got pushed back because EB made an announcement and a bit later it was like, oh look, now HT has the same figure? EB may not have a Superman, but you can bet if they had an Indiana Jones figure, HT would scramble to make it whatever the fans wanted and more. As it is, EB doesn't have an Indiana Jones, so HT buries all the promos and whatnot and then goes "ah f* it, it'll still sell because we're HT".

Re: Hot Toys Indiana Jones In Hand Pics

Yeah, probably true... which is still good in the world of 1/6; but not if its just looking at other HT figures. Sculpt and jacket are the big issues on this one; if those had been tweaked this would have been a winner.

Precisely.

If it was a $150 fig from HT of 2-3 yrs ago, it would be understandable maybe.

But $250, and you call this a DX? Please :lol

This IS their one chance. I hope they take it. I still really want an excellent Indy.

But HT will make certain that SS does not give the license to them, that's for sure. EB may end up doing 1/4 scale anyway.

They could make one with their partnership with Medicom. But then it would only be a EB scupt/paint and Medicom everything else and who the fauk would want that.

The HT looks like a quality Indy to me. That is all I care.

I should probably acknowledge that this does appear to be a collaborative effort with Sideshow, and perhaps that also contributed to...whatever this release is.

But making fun of the EB rivalry is more entertaining to me. :)

OUCH! Didn't see this until just now.

Leaving the face alone for a moment, that jacket is sad.

The jacket bigger issue for me than the sculpt... its looked bulky and odd since the prototype. Doesn't look like either were tweaked.

For my money Shawn's jacket is still the best out there in 1/6 :lecture

I'm still amazed at people who think that Arnie Kim can sculpt anything except Bruce Lee.

Everyone saw his not too old Indy sculpt...

sal5.jpg

... and yet some one continue to say that this is good looking.

To be fair that is a very old sculpt and when it was new it was hands-down the best 1/6 Harrison Ford out there. If you can find a better sculpt from the time period I'd love to see it.

Even to this day I've seen some customs with that head that look fantastic. Is it as nice as the Grove sculpt repainted, no, but Trevor's sculpt also came out years later.

Also here's a better image of the head repainted by Les Walker:
2hro8q9.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back