Hot Toys DX05- Indiana Jones (Raiders of the Lost Ark) 1/6 Figure Full Specs + Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Wait, I can get a SS Indy for $80 :chase

I always just assume that anything HT/SS/Koto/Bowen/DCD etc is ultra expensive regardless of quality that I don't even bother looking for older stuff.

I need to stop assuming I guess :lol

$80.....hmmm....I think I needs me an Indy on my shelf.

For that price, does he have legs.

The figure is great for $80--ONE THIRD the price of Hot Toys'. There are 2 things you would need to do:

Change the body to either a True Type or a Pro 1.2 (my personal preference since there is zero modding needed and it fills in his clothes much better. And it's cheaper)

And 2, do some minor paint work on the face. It's a vast improvement if you just touch up the beard so it doesn't look like a fu-manchu beard. And paint his eyes hazel, during which you can also get rid of the doll dot.

First it was: wait for in-hand pics...

now its: wait for GOOD in hand pics.

Next it will be: you really need to see it in your own hand.

Face it yay-sayers, this is not the figure most of you have been hoping for.

I really did want to eat crow and get a great Indy. Now, I'm just glad I didn't get stuck with a preorder. Fodder for parts is all I see here.

Amen!:goodpost:

Re: Hot Toys Indiana Jones In Hand Pics

Photos like the one above of the head can tend to do some funny things and over light the lips and lower face which would otherwise be more obscured by shadow. Remember the Enterbay T2 comparason photo and how crap HT Arnie looked.

That above photo makes me feel a tiny bit better. I think it might look better in OMG level photos. Might!

Stay positive lads!! :)

Easily HT's biggest fail.
So pissed off, after all the reference material I sent them and they still put out this abomination.
Just incomprehensible.
...and Arnie Kim, what a lying sack.
"Don't worry, doing revisions"
Or whatever broken english falsehoods he posted on Facebook.

The figure is great for $80--ONE THIRD the price of Hot Toys'. There are 2 things you would need to do:

Change the body to either a True Type or a Pro 1.2 (my personal preference since there is zero modding needed and it fills in his clothes much better. And it's cheaper)

And 2, do some minor paint work on the face. It's a vast improvement if you just touch up the beard so it doesn't look like a fu-manchu beard. And paint his eyes hazel, during which you can also get rid of the doll dot.

:hi5::hi5::hi5:

The jacket bigger issue for me than the sculpt... its looked bulky and odd since the prototype. Doesn't look like either were tweaked.

For my money Shawn's jacket is still the best out there in 1/6 :lecture

To be fair that is a very old sculpt and when it was new it was hands-down the best 1/6 Harrison Ford out there. If you can find a better sculpt from the time period I'd love to see it.

Even to this day I've seen some customs with that head that look fantastic. Is it as nice as the Grove sculpt repainted, no, but Trevor's sculpt also came out years later.

Also here's a better image of the head repainted by Les Walker:
2hro8q9.jpg

Holy Tom Hanks on the left there.

I know I must be delusional but, even though this still isn't the best of pics, this looks great to me:

1128866225-ac-1882xf10x0544x0408-m.jpg

I think that Hanks is the Longbow studio... another one of those game changer custom sculpts from a few years ago.

Re: Hot Toys Indiana Jones In Hand Pics

head looks better to me than it did in HT's backstage pic. i reckon it might be ok. but that jacket.... peeeyoooooo

Jacket = ____

Wow. That is so disappointing. I had already made peace with the fact that I was passing on a Hot Toys figure of my favourite movie character. I simply couldn't justify the high price for a figure I found so many deficiencies on, first and foremost the sculpt. I preordered the Cairo disguise from TA, so I was pretty set.

However, I won't lie and say that there was a little part of me that was holding out hope that HT would surprise us all and reveal a spectacular headsculpt and better jacket, shirt and hat, and that I would indeed have THE best representation of Indy. Seeing these new pictures is just heartbreaking.

Regardless of the bad quality of the photos, you can clearly see it's not the improvement we all (or at least I) hoped for. Yes, it's a little different than the proto, but this new sculpt is not any closer to HF's likeness.

Very much how I feel too. Disappointed.

I'm happy with the sculpt :rock

297770_10150327769014671_650024670_8037246_1783752266_n.jpg

Sculpt looks just ok to me there. Trev's beats it hands down, though.

Yeah, probably true... which is still good in the world of 1/6; but not if its just looking at other HT figures. Sculpt and jacket are the big issues on this one; if those had been tweaked this would have been a winner.

A sculpt tweak in the right direction, a better jacket and whip and I'd have this on order right now too.

As is I'm just going to build a custom again using SS's as the base and maybe pick up a few HT parts.

SS Trev's sculpt
Sovereign jacket
mfisher belt and whip
HT pants/shirt/shoes/bag (maybe)
TT body

:rotfl:rotfl
:goodpost::goodpost::goodpost:

I predict this is only the beginning though, I can see HT fluctuating wildly from epic incredible near perfect figures like Superman/Keaton Bats/Jack Joker, to fails like this.

Are you guys kidding? How can you posssibly say.. with exception of the sculpt........... come on! You can get a sideshow Indy( which actually looks like indy, minus the crappy paintjob) for like $80 and its almost the same extras. For this? $200+ !!!!!!!! Lets be real, It sucks! Sacred HT sure dropped the ball on this one.

Where's Butters after all this???

Hiding with his huge bag of BS.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back