Hot Toys - DX13 - T2: T-800 (Battle-Damaged Version) 1/6-scale Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Check out my pics in the DX10 thread :panic::wave

vc3f.jpg

It just goes to show doesn't it.. :lol

None of the HT Arnolds to date are definitive representations..

..but they're pretty ****ing nice regardless. :lecture

Ehh.. he's beautiful to me. :duff

:lol

He may not have as acturate of a likeness as the dx10 head but the details are better in the sculpting and the leathers:lecture

Give it a couple of years and all these current Terminators will look bad to everyone. :lol

Not sure a couple of years will be enough, there comes a point where I think the improvments become a little better hear and there but over all theres really no big leaps in design.

The big leap happened in 2009-2010 where most of the stuff before that time can no longer hold a candle to the stuff that started coming out after about 2010. Its figures that came out like hot toys dutch, john connor, and the god father that changed everything.

Look at the new barney ross compared to the first one, yeah paint apt's improved as well as some detail in outfit, those details are better but not ground breaking. I think the next biggest leap that will be made is moving from sculpted hair to real hair, that's the only thing that keeps a picture of a figure from actually looking like a picture of the real person.

It'd be cool to see the level of realism upped every couple years.. but honestly, where does it end. :lol

I just want a nice collection of movie / Sci-Fi / comic book icons I grew up with & loved. The HT pieces I already have so far - fill those places well enough. Sure - I could rotate them depending on what follows out there.. but it's tedious, painful, & unnecessary.

The DX10 might be the best 1/6 HT likeness to a lot of you guys, but when other companies step up - the cycle continues, & it's like being stuck on a treadmill.

I love / enjoy what I have - that's what's important to me. :)

And doesn't have a gigantic Mr. Olympia neck. :monkey3

That too. I wish I had some ability with photoshop. What I'd do is I'd pose DX10s head in the exact same pose as that pic of the real Arnie and then take the figure's neck and superimpose it over Arnies real neck just to show how ****ing ridiculous it looks.

Newest update on August Releases from HT states this is coming in August so its not long now for pics!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Man, August starts tomorrow. Hard to believe we're here already. Remember how far off it seemed when this thread was started.

He may not have as acturate of a likeness as the dx10 head but the details are better in the sculpting and the leathers

I agree with that. MMS117's detail and paint are better, as are his neck and his leathers. Such a shame that for all its improvements* DX10 had to take steps backwards with them.

*getting rid of the 'perfect square' face, improved head/body proportions, accurate sloping shoulders

Back