Hot Toys - DX13 - T2: T-800 (Battle-Damaged Version) 1/6-scale Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I guess I couldn't successfully divert the topic back to the figure :lol.
Not only do I like the semi bd look more now, but I prefer to keep it in the iconic 'scanning' pose. It's just looks too awesome like that.

Thanks for the wishes, guys. I'm back at home and recovering.

Not only do I like the semi bd look more now, but I prefer to keep it in the iconic 'scanning' pose. It's just looks too awesome like that.

Ah an in & out the same day deal. Going to be having one of those myself next week (though not for kidney stones). Supposed to be pretty simple but I'm really quite dreading it all the same.

DX13 is the best figure of 2013.

Nothing else to talk about.

Both looks.....

t-800_dx13_06.jpg

Yeah, I have both looks on display. I think the reasons why I prefer the semi bd is that you can see more of the incredible likeness of Arnie and there are more posing options when both arms are intact. Maybe it's also because this is the first high end representation of that look too. Regardless, having both on display is a must. Unlike the DX11, I have absolutely no buyers' remorse.

Having not seen a new addition to my collection yet this year, I've been spending a lot of time admiring what I have. Last week, a girl came over to babysit our kids. She was looking at my collection and was in awe of how realistic they look. It was a rare moment to have someone actually appreciate my figures instead of dismissing them.

I actually prefer the undamaged body for the semi (aside from using the semi-BD jacket from the DX13). Side-by-side they look less samey than both having the gaping chest wound and ripped pants.

I really don't get why some people think T2 is better then T1 :dunno
Arnie should of played more bad guys in his career, I can only think of two movies he was the villain in, T1 and Batman & Robin

578370term149.jpg

vs
t2.jpg

If you read his biography, which is a fantastic read btw, he talks about wanting to be leading men. He felt like being a bad-guy would work against him in America since he was already a funny looking guy with a funny sounding name. You have to remember that in the late 70's, nobody looked like Arnold. People thought that weight-lifters were freaks. He made all his "negatives" work against him though and people loved him for who he was.

Also he talks about the reason he did T1 was because he relished the idea of being a machine, since he talks about wishing he didn't have to sleep, and always staying busy. It was more a challenge to do something different than to be a bad-guy. He mentioned that he intentionally avoided the other actors in the cast too, so he wouldn't feel any emotion about them at all, like they were filming two different movies.

Back