Hot Toys Gort Predator: Officially Announced

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
i'm selling all my preds and aliens. too many slight variants and small accessory changes to warrant putting out an entirely new figure. HT is taking advantage of collectors that want the entire line.

Of course they are. They are in the business to make money when there's a demand to be met. Don't buy what you don't want.

Thanks Niko! That really helps. I am so happy they are finally doing another P2 Pred. Poor Lost has been lonely. I'm glad I kept my spare boxed Lost, too. I may need him in the future.

i'm selling all my preds and aliens. too many slight variants and small accessory changes to warrant putting out an entirely new figure. HT is taking advantage of collectors that want the entire line.

Small changes? With the Wolf Predator maybe, but these P2 Preds are all entirely seperate characters.:slap

I will pass..:cuckoo:

New mask + Limited to 500pcs + highest price + recycled P2 armor and accessories + recycled p1 body & accesories = NOT INTERESTED

The most "interesting" thing, is the inaccuracy, because Gort predator wears the P1 armor in the movie, instead this P2 armor :slap

The most "interesting" thing, is the inaccuracy, because Gort predator wears the P1 armor in the movie, instead this P2 armor :slap

gortscreenshot.png

That's P1, and the mask was unused. Gort is a completely different pred. Not inaccurate to the source material.

Yes, I already knew that, Alice.
The gort mask was intended for Predator 1 (Original p1 movie)

Perhaps, is a mechanism of self-defense; I attempt to attribute many failures because I can,t afford this figure... And I want him badly :monkey2
(Have almost HT all predators released to date)

In that case, he's totally inaccurate... and ugly to boot, so you shouldn't even worry about getting one. It would be a total waste of money. Crap figure, I say! CRAP! :lol

In that case, he's totally inaccurate... and ugly to boot, so you shouldn't even worry about getting one. It would be a total waste of money. Crap figure, I say! CRAP! :lol

I think I've become in to a Hot toys addicted or something...:explode:

I say : YES I want it!! but my wallet says NO you don,t need another EXPENSIVE pred :pray:

Well.. According to my wallet this Gort Predator is a REAL CRAP and a total waste of my money!! :wink1:

I'm impressed that HT actually made the dreads accurate to P2 style by changing the rings. And that larger pic of him makes the head paint job actually look pretty good.

No...Hot Toys is taking advantage of the fact that people DO WANT this and will make money by selling it.

It's a business...they're in it for the money.

Anyone hear anything form Sideshow? Maybe we can shoot them an email and ask them if they'll be getting this piece? Or is it too early?

you can ask, but they're months and months behind on the Q&A's, so its likely it wouldnt get answered until next year :lol

I think I've become in to a Hot toys
Well.. According to my wallet this Gort Predator is a REAL CRAP and a total waste of my money!! :wink1:

LOL, I hope that works for you. I've tried and failed.

The dreads do look great. They hang very well and look like a screen capture from the film. I am glad to see this guy. I really didn't think HT would return to this film since it looked like they had moved on to P1and other licenses. Great choice, too. So who is next? :yess:

I really didn't think HT would return to this film since it looked like they had moved on to P1and other licenses. Great choice, too. So who is next? :yess:
3 lost preds down, 6 more to go...
if they keep selling, HT could be into the license for a while.

Only thing is the Lost predator is kind of a funky looking figure (especially the neck), but as a grouping I think he'd be cool with Gort, P2 and P2 Elder.

My hesitation in buying this one is that I don't have the P2 Elder. And I didn't buy the other Losty because of that too. So would there really be any point in buying this? And if I did wouldn't it just pi$$ me off even more that I never got the Elder? (thanks to forbiddenplanet misleadingly keeping preorders open when their quota was presumably already filled - a common practice of theirs)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back