Hot Toys Iron Man Mark 1 re-release

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Simplist answer "Limited Edition Collectible"

There is no such statement on my PS3, TV or Car

Agreed. We all know PS3, TV, iPad, etc. will decrease in value. HT says limited collectible, how is it limited now?

:goodpost:

There is very much a mentality of labelling the people uspset being the flippers and scalpers only. Some are simply pissed off that their one-of-a-kind collectible figure is now one of two and worse off as the newer one will have better techniques applied for those who came late. Its not about money its about the newer folks getting the best while the ones who helped build hot toys get by having their collectible now the inferior version.

Also agreed; people assume the upset ones are all flippers and scalpers, but to pay so much for the figure only to find out they can't get the money back to get the better one, really hurts, both the wallet and the heart!

Simplist answer "Limited Edition Collectible"

There is no such statement on my PS3, TV or Car

Agreed. We all know PS3, TV, iPad, etc. will decrease in value. HT says limited collectible, how is it limited now?

Ah, so it's the marketing bollocks that's offending. Have you ever asked the question 'What does Limited Edition Collectible' actually mean? And if you have asked this question, have you ever heard HT clarify exactly what this means? We are given no indication of edition size and importantly, no suggestion that the figure won't be re-released as a newer edition or variant at a later date.

The original Mark I figure is still a 'Limited Edition Collectible'. The new version will be an updated version that no doubt will also be a 'Limited Edition Collectible'. Ipads, TVs, cars could also have 'Limited Edition Collectible' on their promo material if it'd help sales. Nobody believes that BS though, but somehow figure collectors do.

I'll take two of whatever hes having. :hi5:

Ah, so it's the marketing bollocks that's offending. Have you ever asked the question 'What does Limited Edition Collectible' actually mean? And if you have asked this question, have you ever heard HT clarify exactly what this means? We are given no indication of edition size and importantly, no suggestion that the figure won't be re-released as a newer edition or variant at a later date.

The original Mark I figure is still a 'Limited Edition Collectible'. The new version will be an updated version that no doubt will also be a 'Limited Edition Collectible'. Ipads, TVs, cars could also have 'Limited Edition Collectible' on their promo material if it'd help sales. Nobody believes that BS though, but somehow figure collectors do.

It needn't be a remake Wolverine to please the New collectors, but a different version for everyone:

• WWII Version
  • Mercenary Version
  • Battle Damaged Version
  • X-Men 2 leather costume version
  • X-Men 2 Street Version

I feel like HOT TOY is like it MATTEL with DCUC and HASBRo with the MARVEL LEGENDS line!! ;)

Another Wolverine is inevitable. As for the issue with re-releasing figures, again, this isn't the first time HT has done this. This is their MO with more popular characters. They released 2 Mark IIIs (3rd very likely on the way) and will have 2 Mark IIs in addition to this, 2 Dark Knight Batmen (more to come!) and 3 Batman Begins Bats are out there. There are 2 regular Jokers (a 3rd on the way!) and will soon be 2nd Jack Sparrow releases in 2 separate looks. If you are so concerned with it, then I would suggest not buying from HT because it is what it is. It just is. . .what. . .it. . .is.

Through the complaints one thing folks aren't noting, though, is that the people who owned those earlier figures were able to enjoy them for periods of time while others couldn't. Isn't that worth something? I think it's worth a lot. And if you paid retail, your figure will not lose value relative to what you paid in 9/10 cases. And if you paid more than retail, then you were rolling the dice, paying what you felt it was worth. The potential for re-releases is always there, and should be considered when you think of shelling out $400+ for a relatively mass-produced, high end toy. It benefits Hot Toys (in sales and new customers) more than it hurts them (in collectors who get soured on it and leave) when this happens, so I don't see their behavior changing.

If you disagree with it on principle, or if it bugs the ____ out of you when it happens, then don't buy Hot Toys. There are other companies out there that cater more to collectors who are more interested in owning figures of true rarity. I also would not suggest that the thousands of figures produced by HT in a production run is anything resembling a truly rare figure. If you want rare, buy a custom by guys like S. Petterson or Rainman.

Another Wolverine is inevitable. As for the issue with re-releasing figures, again, this isn't the first time HT has done this. This is their MO with more popular characters. They released 2 Mark IIIs (3rd very likely on the way) and will have 2 Mark IIs in addition to this, 2 Dark Knight Batmen (more to come!) and 3 Batman Begins Bats are out there. There are 2 regular Jokers (a 3rd on the way!) and will soon be 2nd Jack Sparrow releases in 2 separate looks. If you are so concerned with it, then I would suggest not buying from HT because it is what it is. It just is. . .what. . .it. . .is.

Through the complaints one thing folks aren't noting, though, is that the people who owned those earlier figures were able to enjoy them for periods of time while others couldn't. Isn't that worth something? I think it's worth a lot. And if you paid retail, your figure will not lose value relative to what you paid in 9/10 cases. And if you paid more than retail, then you were rolling the dice, paying what you felt it was worth. The potential for re-releases is always there, and should be considered when you think of shelling out $400+ for a relatively mass-produced, high end toy. It benefits them (in sales and new customers) more than it hurts them (in collectors who get soured on it and leave), so I don't see their behavior changing.

If you disagree with it on principle, or if it bugs the ____ out of you when it happens, then don't buy Hot Toys. There are other companies out there that cater more to collectors who are more interested in owning figures of true rarity. I also would not suggest that the thousands of figures produced by HT in a production run is anything resembling a truly rare figure. If you want rare, buy a custom by guys like S. Petterson or Rainman.

A-freaking men.

busey_clapping.gif

HELL YES I want a Gary Busey Predator 2 figure.....LOL I mean if they are going to make a nolan predators figure..............WHY NOT:horror
I agree with you there. I'm not a big fan of P2, but it blows the doors off of Predators. Bill Paxton with a mustache, please. Or was that another movie? :lol Like I said, I'm not the biggest P2 fan :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back