Hot Toys Iron Man Mark 1 re-release

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Could make this a DX release and add a Tony HS and the clothes he wore while making the Mk. 1. Then the faceplate could be removable so Tony can hold it. Add in the scematics and some tools and voila.

What accessories? it would have to be crates, rocks and missiles. The original had very little because the film was the suit for that scene as most know.

I'm not sure. That's why I'm looking forward to seeing what they include. :nana:

Could make this a DX release and add a Tony HS and the clothes he wore while making the Mk. 1. Then the faceplate could be removable so Tony can hold it. Add in the scematics and some tools and voila.

Kinda what I was hoping they would do too but there's no indication of it...yet. :D

I'm down for this, I just hope they don't top it with a 1/4 version. I missed out on the first release as well.

I hope this means the pre-order will be coming soon!
I missed the first one and will be getting this one for sure!

It was confirmed by one of the sculptors, I think Kojun, a day or two ago. Don't know what version, but there will be a new one.

It was Kojun, he said something to the effect that the first one wasn't perfect and he looked forward to getting a chance to tackle the character and improve on it.

What people forget is that Hot Toys announced the X-Men Trilogy license back when they announced the Spider-Man and Blade licenses. While people are still waiting on the X-Men: First Class figures, I wouldn't put it past HT who knows that Wolverine is commanding a ton of secondary retail to leapfrog an original trilogy version to nab sales.

People who say the re-release is great hopefully will not complain about how much this may cost.

I really do believe this release and re-releases are a good thing. For one, it gives less incentive to make fakes. But it also gives newer collectors who may not be so well off the chance to get the figures.

At the end of the day, this is going to be a completely new figure, it's not as though they are just remaking the exact same figure from the exact same cast. So I don't see why it should affect the price of the old one too much.

*hides from incoming onslaught*

This is lame,im glad for you Iron Man fans that can never get enough.But seriously,this is starting to get ridiculous with these re-issues and variants,they have other licenses and characters that has been on hold for the past year.

It was Kojun, he said something to the effect that the first one wasn't perfect and he looked forward to getting a chance to tackle the character and improve on it.

What people forget is that Hot Toys announced the X-Men Trilogy license back when they announced the Spider-Man and Blade licenses. While people are still waiting on the X-Men: First Class figures, I wouldn't put it past HT who knows that Wolverine is commanding a ton of secondary retail to leapfrog an original trilogy version to nab sales.
When all is said and done, I fully expect HT to milk Wolverine just like they've milked Iron Man and Batman. Hell, we'll probably get Wolverine from his 5 second cameo in X-Men: Origins.

People who say the re-release is great hopefully will not complain about how much this may cost.

Even if this is $250-$300, it's still MUCH cheaper than getting the original version of of ebay or even through this forum. PLUS, it guaranteed NOT to be fake!

This is lame,im glad for you Iron Man fans that can never get enough.But seriously,this is starting to get ridiculous with these re-issues and variants,they have other licenses and characters that has been on hold for the past year.

I understand the frustration regarding the issue of NOT releasing X-Men HT, and a few other film characters. But I wasn't collecting 1/6 when the first IM movie figures were released, So I am thrilled this is being re-released. And I am sure there are many other who don't think its lame. As SO many others have said, every figure is not produced for every collector. If someone is frustrated because no attention is being paid to some licenses, X-Men, Geen Lantern, etc, thats ok. I am too. But HT is producing so many Marvel and DC figures right now, Black Spiderman, Red Skull, Loki, Iron Monger,.......I would be amazed if there isn't something for everyone. Re-releasing probably isn't geared for those who have the original. Its probably for those don't. And I see nothing wrong with HT doing this to combat the fakes coming into the market. I know there is financial motivation behind it, but it also protect a true collector from wasting their money on these fakes.

Last edited:
I'm fine with reissues, I'm actually hoping we get a reissue of the MK III suit. My favourite IM Suit & I've been around to buy the 1st two as well but I just wasn't happy with either, especially compared to there later IM figures. With Iron Monger coming hopfully it'll happen. Looking forward to adding the MK I to my collection

Which group of crybabies is it OK for HT to p!$$ off with their rereleases? 1) The guys whose figures will now lose their value or 2) the guys who whined about missing the original because they didn't join the hobby on time? Thats 2 sets of whiners but obviously HT is only interested in our money so they choose to p!$$ off the first group.

Thats the reality.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back