Hot Toys Iron Man Mark 1 re-release

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
With a new Wolverine, P2 and MK1 it really seems if no previously made figure is safe. Part of me is happy for the upgrades, but it sucks when you have a figure who's price gets cut in half by a re-release.

True. We're already at v3 of Batman Begins. The figures feel worse than Games for Windows.

Seems ridiculous to be re-releasing figures this soon. Joker, Iron Man Mk 1 and Wolverine are too soon, and won't be significant upgrades. I hope Wolverine is a true variant (maybe in X-Men gear ?) but I'd prefer to see them revisit old licences which could get a real improvement rather than the more recent ones.

Aliens for example would actually benefit from a new version.

As long as the rerelease isn't sold for cheaper than what I paid for the original, same price is fine, then I could care less if they want to revisit the same product.

The rerelease will benefit many more collectors than it will be hurting others.

They should rerelease the figures that are harder to come by or rose in price. This shouldn't be a money making hobby. People should buy these because they like them not because they are concerned with their value down the road. Invest in stock if you're worried about money. Wolverine, Robocop, Golgo, MK 1, Joker, Wesker, Leon, etc... Those should be rereleased. They go for ridiculous prices on the aftermarket.

With a new Wolverine, P2 and MK1 it really seems if no previously made figure is safe. Part of me is happy for the upgrades, but it sucks when you have a figure who's price gets cut in half by a re-release.

Wheres the info on the Wolvie v2?

They should rerelease the figures that are harder to come by or rose in price. This shouldn't be a money making hobby. People should buy these because they like them not because they are concerned with their value down the road. Invest in stock if you're worried about money. Wolverine, Robocop, Golgo, MK 1, Joker, Wesker, Leon, etc... Those should be rereleased. They go for ridiculous prices on the aftermarket.

I'm with you, re-release 'em all and watch all the crybabies moan about their "investments" losing value :lol

The whole "collectible investment" train of thought from fans is doing more damage to the hobby than Hot Toys practice of re-releasing figures.

I'm with you, re-release 'em all and watch all the crybabies moan about their "investments" losing value :lol

The whole "collectible investment" train of thought from fans is doing more damage to the hobby than Hot Toys practice of re-releasing figures.

+1000

Well said, gentlemen!

I'm so happy I didn't go all jack sparrow on myself and sold mine while the iron was hot pun very intended...

I bought him for like 175 and sold it for like 575. This one I'm betting will be like 200. So basically I get a free mark 1, updated mind you and 375 bucks when it's all said and done which will buy me another hot toys or two even. So like 3 figures for free... This hobby gouges me so sometimes I'm gonna relish every moment when things like this happen!

Having two Mark I is gonna be pretty damn cool. Obviously that isn't for everyone but I personally will look forward to it.

How often will collectors buy a remake of remake and an original ig they own two already? there will be a limit and the remake process must stop or they'll eventually lose customers, Iron Man can't stay in vogue forever.

Once people own the MK 1 and the MK 1 remake, will they honestly buy and MK 1 3.0?

Agreed, they must limit the amount of re-releases or it's going to get ridiculous. Mark 1 2.0 is fine, 3.0 is nutty.

I'm really stoked that this is being rereleased and improved on. I had to cancel when it came out originally because work was quiet and I had priorities, I was disappointed that I had to miss it.

The people 'worried' about their original figure and it's decline as an investment is sad. I hope we see a new Wolvie with better likeness too.

This will be GREAT- read the HT nortification again- new accessories will be included (maybe new removable armor pieces?). Biggest improvement next to a more brighter paint job is a new RDJ headsculpt.
Won't be cheap- guessing $240 ish range, maybe even a DX....

The nicer paint will be great. Thought the original was fine though. The new accessories and sculpt are what I'm most looking forward to.

Agreed, they must limit the amount of re-releases or it's going to get ridiculous. Mark 1 2.0 is fine, 3.0 is nutty.

Meh. The re-releases stick to IM, Batman and Predators only those collector's will be impacted. General collector's of these lines will be fine.

I don't foresee every figure in the past being revisited only their "big sellers." Granted I am annoyed the re-releases are taking away from new licenses however, I am equally excited for the Wolverine v2. Take the good and bad that comes along with it.

The nicer paint will be great. Thought the original was fine though. The new accessories and sculpt are what I'm most looking forward to.

What accessories? it would have to be crates, rocks and missiles. The original had very little because the film was the suit for that scene as most know.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back