Hot Toys - Joker - 1/6th scale The Joker Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Is Hot Toys really going to go ahead with those plastic thread buttons on this. That’s Artisan?

I’d like the red suit popping in a DF120 unlike anything else I own, but I don’t know how soon a proper suit will get made and this one really is awful.
I won’t be displaying that large dio although cool. I’m putting this release to the side until I see more. Not ready to cancel, but not thrilled either.

Movie is not even out and you guys are already panicking? Trailers are really good but well, that's my opinion, but just wait til is out at least.
Box office tracking is showing lower and lower sales, there's a chance this doesn't even do $100 million domestic which would be catastrophic.

I just feel like it’s the wrong direction to take his Joker in. I want to see more Joker out of Phoenix, not a pairing with Harley.

This should’ve been his film to shine as the Joker with the first being Arthur. I want to see him interact with things in the altered persona, the contrast in what makes Joker tick that was absent or suppressed in his Arthur. I don’t like how he’s back and forth between this Joker and Arthur, either make the switch or just be Arthur already. The fans want Phoenix to fully embrace the character.

Absolutely agreed. The first film crescendo beautifully with his full transition to JOKER, when they announced the sequel I thought we may actually get to see him as the character. Not as an evil mastermind, that’s obviously not possible, but at least full JOKER.

I read somewhere that Todd Phillips and co have perhaps intentionally subverted the first film, to face the backlash from the idolizing fan base garnered by the first.

I didn't think this movie needed a sequel and I'm not in a rush to see Joker Part Deux, but I'm not worried about it affecting my want for this figure. I've lived through enough crappy sequels that take cool characters in bad directions already, I know the drill.

I wasn’t in love with the first film, was hoping the sequel would give more screen time to Joker instead of Arthur. The first film didn’t win me over, looks like this one won’t either. So a bad sequel does affect me more than someone who really liked the first film. I have no good film to go back to after watching the sequel.

I went ahead and pulled the band-aid off and cancelled. I was blunt and honest with the Sideshow rep and told them why I was cancelling and to my shock and surprise, they gave me the NRD back. Sideshow didn't have to do that, but they for sure earned my dollars for that.

I went ahead and pulled the band-aid off and cancelled. I was blunt and honest with the Sideshow rep and told them why I was cancelling and to my shock and surprise, they gave me the NRD back. Sideshow didn't have to do that, but they for sure earned my dollars for that.

Wow that’s amazing for you! how do you go about this please? (Obviously no guarantee I’ll get my NRD back of course).

Wow that’s amazing for you! how do you go about this please? (Obviously no guarantee I’ll get my NRD back of course).

I was quite honest with them, said I understood I have no right to get the NRD back but was cancelling due to the sequel killing any interest I had in the figure. The customer service rep was nice but had to say no but told me to fill out the item cancellation form and indicate on there that I was a long-term customer and tell them why I was cancelling. Woke up today to an email saying that they understood and would be refunding me the deposit.

IMG_4367.jpeg

So he’s going to be locked away in Arkham the majority of the film with most of it taking place in his head? Great.

I read the basic plot line and while I always reserve my final judgment when I see a movie, the plot and ending was such a massive turnoff for me.
I haven’t read it, wasn’t planning on seeing it in the theaters really.

Back