Hot Toys - MMS 117 Terminator 2 Model T-800 spec + hi-res pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Even if it's April, if this figure is on time it'll still be a hell of a turn around, but Marcus Wright shipped in 4 months with 2 sculpt redos, so it's not impossible.

I'm pumped for this figure for sure, but I really do hope for a sign of more. I can't imagine them not doing other figures from T2, but some confirmation would be nice. I was glad to read Yulli's expression for fandom of T2 in that recent MILK article, hopefully even if HT's not behind something, her love for it will push to do things.

I think you're right about needing to hear more news on future T2 product. I mean, whats the hold up? Its already February come Monday so ........

Something tells me we may be dreaming about T1 figures. Even if they do, it will be one single Arnold.

Either way, get a damn move on HT's!

Well I did suspect that older Terminator movies could end up taking a backseat to the more current releases, which fits HT's pattern, they do show most favor to the figures they make for movies out now.

Also, in the MILK article, Yulli mentioned that she has less time to do sculpts herself as she's also being used as the head of sculpting overseeing that the other sculptors HT uses produce work within the HT style, and it's possible she wants to handle the whole T2 line and might be allowed to, but then it takes her having availability to sculpt them.

I'm not going to throw in the towel on more figures because we haven't seen or heard anything more yet, but, if T-800 ships with no word, I will throw the towel on this line rolling out with any speed, I'd wager we get two figures from it in 2010 in that scenario. Ideally, they'd just finish off T2 in 2010, although 2011 would be the 20th anniversary of T2.

Only 3 more months if we're lucky.
Only 3 months? For me it feels like i cant wait another minute. :lol

One question, if you look on photos from Chris Redfield S.T.A.R.S it doesnt look like the joints are visible on the arms, but on the T-800 they are, why didnt they use the same kind of hidden joints on the T-800? Or are the Redfield arms none posable?

For 2010 to be legendary I will need confirmation of the following:

T2 Arnold (check)
T-1000
Sarah
T2 Arnold BD
T1 Arnold
T1 Arnold BD
Endoskeleton
DX Rocky
DX Rambo

Even if half of these release in 2011 I just want to either hear or see something.

I would assume that doing more recent licenses must be alot easier to aquire and deal with.

Meh, we'll see. I'm just a spoiled insatiable collector :D

You got, the Redfield body is the Dutch body and it's a significantly less posable body.

Hot Toys tried to do full rubber muscle bodies to hide all joints, like Rambo, Rocky, and visually they looked nice but as far as posing, they have limits. With Dutch, they tried something new and had the arms separate from the body at the shoulder, that helped with shoulder posing but the arms and neck were still minimally posable.

The T-800 body is a variation on the Wolverine/Comedian body, which uses sculpted, realistic looking PVC arms and a sheath around the upper torso and neck to make the upper body look as much like a real human body as possible, while still using more traditional joint styles to maintain posability. Wolverine's body isn't as posable as generic TT body, but it's much more posable than the muscle bodies and still looks really nice.

I think this new body style is the best idea. I don't see value in a figure if you can't get a wide range of posability out of it, you might as well get a statue at that point. The new body looks more realistic than a generic TT body, but it's more posable than a body with absolutely no joints showing at all, a fair compromise I feel.

For 2010 to be legendary I will need confirmation of the following:

T2 Arnold (check)
T-1000
T2 Sarah
T2 Arnold BD
T2 John
T1 Technoir Arnold
T1 Police Shootout Arnold
T1 Modern Kyle Reese
T1 Sarah
Endoskeleton
Rambo 4

Made some tweaks. Hope to have all these by the end of the year or it is a big fail on HT's part!!

Made some tweaks. Hope to have all these by the end of the year or it is a big fail on HT's part!!

I agree with your additions. Sadly, I don't think we've got a shot at T2 John Connor.

As for the Endoskeleton, I'd kind of like that to be the next release just to know, is it a rehash of some kind of the previous Endo, or have they redesigned it to have a better build and better head.

The T2 body is perfect. They just need to hide that pin on the elbow joint, like they did on the wolvie and comedian arms.
Since this is a proto i believe that HT fix that little thing in the final product.

As a refernce how many figures has HT roles for any one line in say 2009? Or how many figures in total have they released in total across the board?

Btw I like the bike pose for Arnie. Having some variety in the poses amongsty figures is great and with a bike I think only the arnie can pull it off nicely. It is certainly a compromise in terms of quality but like I said I think some mods and repaints will do wonders and I am not a Harley fan so this will give me sufficient of an illusion which all of these things are in the end.

As a refernce how many figures has HT roles for any one line in say 2009? Or how many figures in total have they released in total across the board?

Terminator Salvation line consisted of

T-700
T-700 Factory
T-600
T-600 Rubber Skin
T-600 Martin Laing Edition
T-600 Concept Version
John Connor
Marcus Wright
John Connor Final Battle

so really looking at 4 core products with 5 variations for this one series. so chances of some of the lists having 5+ core products with as many variations is quite possible :D Oh my poor wallet!

Back