Hot Toys-MMS 133-Ghost Rider Limited Edition Collectible Figurine with Bike Set

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I had to take him off the bike. Where I wanted to have him sit it just didn't work and I decided I wanted to display the bike as a separate item next to him.

Yeah, I was thinking the same, standing in front of the bike on a stand. We'll see if I want this in a detolf or not. :D

The bike just eats up so much real estate that display it was more of a challenge than I thought it would be.

Well lucky for me i was able to send my Ghost Rider back for a full refund however BBTS was sold out so i guess ill have to round him up else where. Also you guys may want to check your fig out. The one that i had sent back had loose stitching on his jacket and a tear in his back pocket. Did HT have to make his outfit so damn tight. :gah:

this will be an issue for us GR owners in the near future, kinda accepted that fact. that pleather jacket and pants will degrade eventually....but not this soon.:gah:

Oh well, it's a good problem to have. :lol But I feel you... I'm sure getting this in place will be a pain.

Is the bike pretty stable?

A good problem to have for sure. :rock

Oh yeah. Use the kick stand on the bottom and it works just fine.

Yeah, I was thinking the same, standing in front of the bike on a stand. We'll see if I want this in a detolf or not. :D

The Detolf pics in this thread are a mystery to me. You need to use ALOT of force to fit your bike in there... like bend the flames and pressure the handle bars big time!

The Detolf pics in this thread are a mystery to me. You need to use ALOT of force to fit your bike in there... like bend the flames and pressure the handle bars big time!

There's no way I'm going to force it in there. If I can slide it in at an angle with the front wheel turned to the side I will, otherwise it's going to the top.

this will be an issue for us GR owners in the near future, kinda accepted that fact. that pleather jacket and pants will degrade eventually....but not this soon.:gah:

The Sideshow versions clothes seem to hold up pretty nicely these days. Granted they might not be the same stuff the Hot Toys is made of, but I imagine it's pretty close. I hope nobody has that problem. It would suck to spend so much money now, only to have it go to waste. Until then, I'll just have to pray to the 1/6 gods, even though they didn't listen to anybodies prayers on the ED-209.

The Sideshow versions clothes seem to hold up pretty nicely these days. Granted they might not be the same stuff the Hot Toys is made of, but I imagine it's pretty close. I hope nobody has that problem. It would suck to spend so much money now, only to have it go to waste. Until then, I'll just have to pray to the 1/6 gods, even though they didn't listen to anybodies prayers on the ED-209.

i read sideshow vader's pleather suit cracks too. nevertheless, when pleather goes kaput happens, it happens. wont stop me from enjoying this bonehead. i just never expected it to be THAT soon.

Meh, I wouldn't worry too much about all that. Just make sure to keep your figures out of direct or even indirect sunlight, keep them in a cool place and always keep figures that have tight outfits or rubber bodies in neutral poses..... Long term it might be best to pose GR standing and not on the bike.

i just bought another doggie alien and i'm gonna convert that as his hellride for my second bonehead. at this point, i am gonna abuse this figure's playtime. long term foresight, still hoping it will hold up. :]

Did someone's figure crack?

I've had my T 800 and Blade posed for over a year and the material is fine. The T 800 has had his arm up in the shotgun ready pose and Blade's arms and legs have been posed too (in pretty extreme poses too) and they are both fine. I don't see what's different about Ghost rider.

A bit of naughtiness with my GRider :naughty
I know that quality is not very good, just didn't have much time for it.

GRbyRIDDICK.jpg

Remarkable figure, very pleased with it!
The only big issue for me is oversized skull, spoils the impression a little.

Again just tinkering with some paint. Here is a comparison of the HT engine and a repaint of the hasbro engine.

IMG_20110614_062153.jpg

IMG_20110614_062056.jpg

Got my GR today. :rock

BOX WAS FLAWLESS! No damages!

Bike could have been a little bigger though.

Unfortunatly the figure itself does have some damage. There was a belt buckle lying broken in the box. Dont know where it belongs though. Further one of the belt straps of the jacket is ripped of. Thx HT does have a customer service, so these wont be any issue. Nevertheless it is kind of annoying that almost 50% of their stuff needs replacement. In this price category I want a figure I can enjoy from the very first day. Now I have to wait for about 6 weeks for a replacement that could have been already in the box if the QC would do their job.
Anyway. Still a great piece I already love. My Marvel HT collection is growing more and more and my cabinets are almost full. :lol

Managed to snag another one so hopefully this one won't have ripped pants and a torn jacket. For the price we are paying for these things they should be MINT upon arrival. No excuses.

Back