Hot Toys-MMS 133-Ghost Rider Limited Edition Collectible Figurine with Bike Set

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Painted flames when painted well do look good, but the transparent plastic that hot toys used was the right choice as it's the only way they could give it a light up feature ..and going by the pics so far the light up feature gives a very realistic impression of actual fire imo but not so much on the skull going by the current inhand pics but those wheels look like there actually on fire!!

It wouldn't have been that difficult to make the head light-up... don't know why they didn't.

This guy looks surprisingly good. Especially that light up bike.

Sorry both your examples look 100x better than painted versions at the same price point.
The difference is--you can't make translucent orange look any better or worse than what it is. It looks precisely the same on a $5 Hasbro toy as a $250 Hot Toys figure. With Hot Toys' painting abilities, I would bet the bank that it would look significantly better than Hasbro's $5 flame paint job.

For example:

lotrbalroglrg2-560x560.jpg

Does that look like a Hasbro toy to you? Like the Johnny Storm pictured above?

Moot point because it is what it is, but as I've said before, I'm not a fan of the light-up gimmicks in general. This is worse than the Iron Man figures, though, because you can't hide it.

The difference is--you can't make translucent orange look any better or worse than what it is. It looks precisely the same on a $5 Hasbro toy as a $250 Hot Toys figure. With Hot Toys' painting abilities, I would bet the bank that it would look significantly better than Hasbro's $5 flame paint job.

For example:

lotrbalroglrg2-560x560.jpg

Does that look like a Hasbro toy to you? Like the Johnny Storm pictured above?

Moot point because it is what it is, but as I've said before, I'm not a fan of the light-up gimmicks in general. This is worse than the Iron Man figures, though, because you can't hide it.

You can actually make it look better or worse. HT version or SS version on their Balrog pieces look better. Just like a painted version of the Balrog (a piece which I have owned do look better) than the Hasbro versions posted. Now, I will say I would love to see a Balrog maquette from Sideshow or Weta with flames going in the translucent. It just looks real (more real I guess) and gives these pieces a really cool look.

I know. You want things to be boring. :lol

I'm probably the only one here who has taken real issue with this, so I'm not sure that there was much to be afraid of. I wasn't stating a petition or anything. :lol

:lol:lol:lol ..on another note anyone plan on bulking this guy up a bit?,look's a little skinny to me ...or is that because he is a burning skeleton!:lol

I'm probably the only one here who has taken real issue with this, so I'm not sure that there was much to be afraid of. I wasn't stating a petition or anything. :lol

Thats true. Wasn't something I was worried about though. :lol

Guess you can paint yours when you get it.

Back