Hot Toys-MMS 201-Man of Steel-Jor-El-1/6th Scale Collectible figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think he looks very good! HT release a new figure- and the fanboys swarm & don't want to hear any other subjective opinions....:rotfl

While I do think there are some who think the all mighty Hot Toys can do no wrong, there are some like me who are not fanboys but instead are just not as harsh as others. Now with SS, as I've openly said before, I am a bit of a fanboy lol

While I do think there are some who think the all mighty Hot Toys can do no wrong, there are some like me who are not fanboys but instead are just not as harsh as others. Now with SS, as I've openly said before, I am a bit of a fanboy lol

Well, that's the best way to be isn't it?
I don't instantly love or hate any figure because of who made it or what it cost me. I try to be honestly objective. It's just my opinion after all, we all have them.

What grates on me though is when one group or the other try to diss each other's opinions because they are different than their own? Why label hater or fanboy, it's just stupid (my post was supposed to be sarcastic by the way :lol)

I can see the flaws with this, I didn't love the movie, but I still think it looks great. Very excited to have a look at it in hand. I think the clothes lack a bit of weight, they are a bit messy looking but I'm sure that's fixable.

In case it was not shown..... inner suit has no emblem:
$_57.JPG

That is stupid...Now I saw movie, so I know, that he must have this logo on it! =D

I think he looks very good! HT release a new figure- and the fanboys swarm & don't want to hear any other subjective opinions....

That's pretty rich coming from you, no matter what the subject is you show up in the thread going "lol" or "I hate that" or "everyone who likes this is an idiot." You want to talk about subjective opinions, that right there sounds pretty subjective to me.

If you want to be negative, at least have the grace to own it.

Well, that's the best way to be isn't it?
I don't instantly love or hate any figure because of who made it or what it cost me. I try to be honestly objective. It's just my opinion after all, we all have them.

What grates on me though is when one group or the other try to diss each other's opinions because they are different than their own? Why label hater or fanboy, it's just stupid (my post was supposed to be sarcastic by the way :lol)

True, and I think for whatever reason, some board members care to take others opinions more seriously. Like for instance, (and not trying to have a pity party here) if I say something looks good or bad, no one really cares what I think (which doesn't bother me) but if you (or say maybe Maglor?) put their opinion out there, for whatever reason, it tends to blow up into something more. Which is something I don't understand and I feel bad for you more high profile members b/c y'all catch a lot of flack for your opinions than folks like me. For you guys it's all of a sudden you're a hater or fanboy or apologist depending on which way your opinion sways.

And sarcasm is something I have a very hard time reading so sorry about that :lol

Don't glorify him by saying he's "high profile." I need a little more substance than "Lol I hate that," that's just me. Definitely not in the same class as Maglor.

And with that, back to Jor-El. I never for one minute thought they would put the emblem on that skin-suit; that would cost extra $$$.

I never for one minute thought they would put the emblem on that skin-suit; that would cost extra $$$.

I think they were just using the base suit as he's not supposed to be displayed without the crest and robe.
I am hoping that with this suit done, the kinks have been ironed out of the MOS one.
That will likely need a lot more QC with the moulded on framework and the collar framework for the cape.
Even the suit in the movie ripped and was shown on screen, so i have my fingers crossed for the MOS suit holding up to being posed.

Don't glorify him by saying he's "high profile." I need a little more substance than "Lol I hate that," that's just me. Definitely not in the same class as Maglor.

And with that, back to Jor-El. I never for one minute thought they would put the emblem on that skin-suit; that would cost extra $$$.

:lol Not trying to glorify anyone or blow smoke. He has a standing pressence here and ppl know who he is...I believe that qualifies as high profile :dunno

As for suit, it's an easy fix for anyone who wants that look so no biggie for the suit not having the detail there, though it would've been nice for sure

Last edited:
I'm as high profile as they come, and I say that this is a cool figure, but I'll just be getting Superman and Zod from this movie. If they do Faora, I'll get her too.

:lol Not trying to glorify anyone or blow smoke. He has a standing pressence here and ppl know who he is...I believe that qualifies as high profile :dunno

As for suit, it's an easy fix for anyone who wants that look so no biggie for the suit not having the detail there, though it would've been nice for sure

I don't see how it's an easy fix. Not only does the suit need the S, but it also needs the designs around the waist/legs. Plus the body used for Jor-El is way too skinny so even if you could add those things onto the suit would it fit on a new body?

I don't see how it's an easy fix. Not only does the suit need the S, but it also needs the designs around the waist/legs. Plus the body used for Jor-El is way too skinny so even if you could add those things onto the suit would it fit on a new body?

Buy a superman suit. Repaint the S to the proper colors. If you're going for the stripped down look from getting the codex, buy an advanced TT or something with a bit more muscle and you're done. If you're going for the AI JorEl look, all you need to do is paint the chest symbol to proper colors. Easy fix

Got a message from Timcent saying HT do not recommend the removal of the outer costume. I don't get the *****ing about the lack of logo to be honest, it's not supposed to be visible under this, is it?
The under suit is only there because it shows through the arms etc,

I think they were just using the base suit as he's not supposed to be displayed without the crest and robe.
I am hoping that with this suit done, the kinks have been ironed out of the MOS one.
That will likely need a lot more QC with the moulded on framework and the collar framework for the cape.
Even the suit in the movie ripped and was shown on screen, so i have my fingers crossed for the MOS suit holding up to being posed.

What scene? I missed it.

Buy a superman suit. Repaint the S to the proper colors. If you're going for the stripped down look from getting the codex, buy an advanced TT or something with a bit more muscle and you're done. If you're going for the AI JorEl look, all you need to do is paint the chest symbol to proper colors. Easy fix

that wasn't my intention for paying expensive figure just to do lots of easy fix.. it should be as detail as possible. that's just me though. :)

Last edited:
Back