Hot Toys-MMS 201-Man of Steel-Jor-El-1/6th Scale Collectible figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Despite all of that I definitely can't wait to see him on hand. I personally, won't be taking off his robe so perhaps I won't be that bothered for not having the emblem :)

True, and I think for whatever reason, some board members care to take others opinions more seriously. Like for instance, (and not trying to have a pity party here) if I say something looks good or bad, no one really cares what I think (which doesn't bother me) but if you (or say maybe Maglor?) put their opinion out there, for whatever reason, it tends to blow up into something more. Which is something I don't understand and I feel bad for you more high profile members b/c y'all catch a lot of flack for your opinions than folks like me. For you guys it's all of a sudden you're a hater or fanboy or apologist depending on which way your opinion sways.

Thanks for saying that man, whatever about profile, but I have found whatever I post recently gets jumped on. If I say something bad about a figure I get jumped, if I say something good about a figure I get jumped. :lol

You mentioned Maglor there, I know he has just had the very exact experience you mentioned over in the QS Batman thread, he had the nerve to say he didn't like it. He got swamped!

Anyway, it is what it is I guess..
:hi5:

I'm an important board member. People know me. *smug face*

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H8OxKx6zKkQ
:lol

It's just arrived. :rock
To anyone still complaining about the lack of crest.
You are not supposed to take off the robe? The logo is attached to the body through it, like Captain America. There isn't supposed to be a logo underneath.

Last edited:
First reaction on opening. Stand looks great, the twisty thing is way too much for a 1/6th figure, you could support a kettle with it and it's a bit unwieldy. Great for Supermans flying poses but not sure why Jor-El has it? Might grow on me. Costume is great. Not as baggy and flappy as I've seen in some pics. The sculpting on the gun is the softest I've seen from HT, very disspointing. It actually doesn't have edges or ridges, very undefined. And the head sculpt. It is too shiny, vinyl looking. It's very soft I'm afraid, I actually like the sculpt itself a lot, but the lack of detail on the face let it down.

Mine has a glossy mark on the forehead as well, quite big, a QC issue.
:(

The box has obviously been rushed out, it's awful, love the fact they used Kryptonian imagery, but the finish and print quality isn't what we have come to expect from HT. And they have placed a last minute sticker at the bottom of the box front, obviously some last minute change or **** up when printing.

First reactions, a little disappointed, I will see how that goes once I set him up properly. Some great aspects to the set regardless.
He looks really good on display but there are definitely some seemingly rushed aspects here.

Last edited:
Sounds like a bit of a mixed bag, but then most releases are. Still looking forward to seeing mine in hand, should be here by Thursday/Fri hopefully. Shame yours has a mark on the forehead, is it really bad? Shame about the gun too, but I wasn't going to pose him with it anyway. I'm thinking more of a regal type of pose for him?

Hit that glossy spot on the forehead with a couple light coats of testers dullcoat, and it'll fix it right up.

Yeah, of course, in fact I might do that to the entire face. Shouldn't really have to do it though.
He looks awesome in a jesus floating pose on the stand. I know he didn't do it in the movie, but looks great, so it will fantastic with Supes when he shows up.

I like the look of this figure but I think I would have preferred his A.I. outfit if I wanted to pose him next to supes. I guess I'm weird like that. Detail looks really cool on the suit. I have a feeling the pics don't do the sculpt much justice. I'm only getting Zod and supes for this line. Praying for Faora!

I like the look of this figure but I think I would have preferred his A.I. outfit if I wanted to pose him next to supes. I guess I'm weird like that. Detail looks really cool on the suit. I have a feeling the pics don't do the sculpt much justice. I'm only getting Zod and supes for this line. Praying for Faora!

I love finally having a decent Crowe sculpt, and it's 95% him. :yess:
I would actually say this one photographs a little better than it looks in hand. The only thing that puts it off a little is the blank eye expression and the vinyl look to the skin. It's still very good though.

Wow the headsculpt looks awesome in those pics. I may have to get him too. I was only planning on getting Supes and Zod.

It's a farcry from the prototype <sigh> at least there's still a bit of Crowe there. Why did they rush this? It's really a let-down for some, surely.

Wow the headsculpt looks awesome in those pics. I may have to get him too. I was only planning on getting Supes and Zod.
Fantastic! :clap :yess:

Thanks gents.
:duff.

For the record, I think the sculpt is a very good Crowe. It's just the production that has let it down slightly.

Just tried to "stand" him with the bendy thing. Not sure it's even possible, or if it is, it's not easy, it's too long and hard.

:lol

Edit: Just got it, but it's very awkward.

Last edited:
Thanks Rory. Great shots there. Thinking of keeping my PO now. Who do you buy your figures from anyways?

Thanks Rory. Great shots there. Thinking of keeping my PO now. Who do you buy your figures from anyways?

Thanks man. :duff
A mix between HK sellers and also I have a friend on the ground who gets me some stuff, when I ask nicely. I only use SS on the rare occasion they have something exclusive, or with something big like the bat mobile.

That stand looks awkward, especially since his cape doesn't lay flat. If i was to ever get this i'd want his cape draped natural, as i'd go with the hands infront of him pose and don't want his cape caught up on the grabber.

Sculpt looks fine to me likeness isthere and im sure when non collectors look at it they see that too. Just a shame he looks dead but then again he is facing death in a way and sending his son away but still.

I watched MOS last night, and concerning the HS the look (impassive/introspective/sad expression) is more of the Hologram Jor-El to me than the early opening scenes Jor-El. I have Sups. on PO but not this--I will likely cave when I see this in hand at a local store. The work on the emblem, gun and, o hell everything about this,:lol.

Back