Hot Toys-MMS 201-Man of Steel-Jor-El-1/6th Scale Collectible figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks gents.
:duff.

For the record, I think the sculpt is a very good Crowe. It's just the production that has let it down slightly.

Just tried to "stand" him with the bendy thing. Not sure it's even possible, or if it is, it's not easy, it's too long and hard.

:lol

Edit: Just got it, but it's very awkward.

78644-thats-what-she-said-gif-LfdW.jpeg

Great pics as usual Rory.

I already got my call from Secret Base to pick this up. I purposefully withheld picking up him up till next month (you must pick up 30 days within receiving the call or forfit the deposit). Hoping that maybe the quality on batch 2 would be better.

You have eased my worries once again.

Wow....just, wow! Thank you so much for these shots...they're great!
He looks fantastic to me....sorry to hear about the few issues you have though...hope the main run is better....the gun? Maybe it's supposed to have a "softer" look...it's supposed to be like bone or something.
Glad to hear the outfit is good...I liked jingle's gallery a while back...he really futzed the outfit well in those shots....and now for your excellent snaps....

That stand thing is pretty whack though....really wish HT had just included a "regular" crotch-grabber with a Movie Logo/Nameplate. That goose neck thing looks pretty useless with this figure.

But the figure itself....can't wait! (and probably have a month or more)

Thanks for the great look Rory...feel free to post more :)

Thanks for the shots Rory.. He's really awesome and lifelike.

What is that black bendy thingy at the back? Supposedly like tentacle to pose him flying? Will it hold though?

My Jor-El landed in the UK a couple hours ago, I only ordered him Sunday afternoon! :yess: Have him tomorrow maybe? :pray:

amazing pix Rorywan!!! So lifelike!!!:)
Thanks for the shots Rory.. He's really awesome and lifelike.

What is that black bendy thingy at the back? Supposedly like tentacle to pose him flying? Will it hold though?

bad ***!
Wow....just, wow! Thank you so much for these shots...they're great!
He looks fantastic to me....sorry to hear about the few issues you have though...hope the main run is better....the gun? Maybe it's supposed to have a "softer" look...it's supposed to be like bone or something.
Glad to hear the outfit is good...I liked jingle's gallery a while back...he really futzed the outfit well in those shots....and now for your excellent snaps....
...Thanks for the great look Rory...feel free to post more :)

Thanks Gents! :duff

yeah, the stand base is really lovely, but the twisty thing is all wrong for this.
Even for Supes himself, it's still a big black metal twisty thing? I was fine with the clear plastic poles or at the very least they could have progressed that concept,
Like a more posable jointed clear acrylic pole..or something. :dunno

Thanks Gents! :duff

yeah, the stand base is really lovely, but the twisty thing is all wrong for this.
Even for Supes himself, it's still a big black metal twisty thing? I was fine with the clear plastic poles or at the very least they could have progressed that concept,
Like a more posable jointed clear acrylic pole..or something. :dunno

Yeah the fat twisty tie thing is alittle- much. Flexible clear can be done with thin wires...or just a clear pole would have been better.
I keep seeing a lamp on the end of that thing they are including!

Yeah the fat twisty tie thing is alittle- much. Flexible clear can be done with thin wires...or just a clear pole would have been better.
I keep seeing a lamp on the end of that thing they are including!

Thank you! :clap it's been driving me insane as to what it reminds me of, it looks and feels exactly like one of those twisty lamp things. It's way too heavy duty for a 1/6th figure.

While JorEl has no use for it, I'm sure this is HT way of being able to achieve a more dynamic flight pose beyond just hovering there. From the way it sounds, it will be strong enough to have Supes in an in-flight pose which is nice

While JorEl has no use for it, I'm sure this is HT way of being able to achieve a more dynamic flight pose beyond just hovering there. From the way it sounds, it will be strong enough to have Supes in an in-flight pose which is nice

Yeah, definitely better for Supes, although it's still a thick black thing? It works well with the dark base though.

People have been moaning non stop about the standard flight stand on bases for ages.
Now there's a decent alternative made by HT to address all the issues, i find it funny that it's being moaned about by people who are using it to hold a figure on the ground, lol.
:rotfl

People have been moaning non stop about the standard flight stand on bases for ages.
Now there's a decent alternative made by HT to address all the issues, i find it funny that it's being moaned about by people who are using it to hold a figure on the ground, lol.
:rotfl

Well Bazza, if Jor-El had the power of flight then your post might make some sense. :lol
Otherwise I have no idea what point you are making.

I think the point he's making is that people have complained that the ability to pose with the standard pole is limited and now they're trying something new with this style, that allows for something more interesting or dynamic and people are still complaining. You can't please everyone all the time.

I think the point he's making is that people have complained that the ability to pose with the standard pole is limited and now they're trying something new with this style, that allows for something more interesting or dynamic and people are still complaining. You can't please everyone all the time.

Erm... They supplied a flying rig with a figure that doesn't fly?
And it's very tricky to use it as a simple standing stand, which is what the figure needs?

Got my processing email!! :yess:

14days :panic:

Think you will love him man. :clap

Back