1/6 Hot Toys MMS 261-Star Wars: Episode IV-Han Solo 1/6th Scale Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Doesn't look too bad from this angle either (though the eyes are a little off)...

Star-Wars-Celebration-Anaheim-2015-Hot-Toys-022.jpg

Nope. Not even close.

Nope. Not even close.

Yeah, color and paint apps look absolutely amazing, but likeness... about 20% Han from that low angle, and about 70% Han from normal angles. There is a sweet spot I've seen on a video where it does look even better than 70% though.

To use a vulgar Americanism, both Sideshow's Hoth Han and Luke look 'awesome' on the shelf.

These things generally do look better in hand than in photos. It goes for all manufacturers, and hopefully will be the same for HT Han, Chewie and Obi-Wan.

If Sideshow's figures lack anything, it's expression. But the same can be said of HT Han and Obi-Wan.

HT Han and Obi are prototypes, and kill anything SS puts out. Even as is it KILLS SSC Han. If you ask me these company's are not even on the same level.(except pricing) Hope i didn't code of conduct there LOL.

Hi, I'm an Aussie working in Germany and would love to get these and some other Hot Toys Star Wars 1/6 figures. Any tips on the cheapest way to get these in Europe ?

Hi, I'm an Aussie working in Germany and would love to get these and some other Hot Toys Star Wars 1/6 figures. Any tips on the cheapest way to get these in Europe ?

I have bought a lot of stuff from Space-figuren (S.P.A.C.E - space-figuren.de). They are very good and if something goes wrong they will take care of you. I got them to open the SSC Vader and find a good one before shipping it out since that one had so many things that people had problems with, so they sent pictures to me before shipping. Nonetheless mine arrived with a display dome that had marks on it and they replaced it with no problems. If you order for a high enough amount courier shipping (UPS) is free. They have a bonus point system so eventually you will get free shipping no matter what you buy and coupons and such. I think they might be on the pricey side for Hot Toys though.

I have also recently tried ordering from MachineGun Figurines et accessoires 1/6 and Figurines de film d'horreur et cinema - Figurine Collector and they seem to have lower prices for Hot Toys. This is just the last week, so I haven't received any packages yet so I can't comment on them other than they seemed a bit cheaper.

With all that said I think if you want to buy the moment of release Hong Kong will be the cheapest option. It's kind of ironic considering that it seems it's mostly the guys that need to have the figures fast and don't care if it costs a little more that orders from HK on release, but I guess they live in countries that doesn't tax you as much as in my country and the EU in general. That is provided you escape customs and/or sales tax charges of course. I have ordered various stuff from the US and Asia for 25 years and more often than not in the last 10-15 years I have gotten stung by customs, so I had more or less resigned to the fact that I should order high cost stuff from within the EU if at all possible. But last year I tried ordering from HK and I haven't gotten caught by customs since so that has changed my buying habits a bit.

Ive been hooked on old episodes of "Chips" lately...And the more I look at Robert Pine, the guy that played the Sergeant on the show, the more I think he reminds me a alot of a young Ford...In the face anyway...Just thinking out loud...lol...

Matt

Back