1/6 Hot Toys MMS 261-Star Wars: Episode IV-Han Solo 1/6th Scale Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It seems either the frantic posting pace of this thread is the reason - or no ones reading my posts, because it's like I have a free pass to hack crap on the hyperbole club in here. :lol

The hair and the lips on this Solo immediately kill it for me. Sure everyone should see Harrison Ford in there, as it looks more like him than anyone else, but it's just not good enough, IMO. I have no doubts it can look better with different lighting and in hand, but in the current prototype shots, it's a bit lower on my index than their Bespin Luke, that's for sure.

WRT to changes/updates to the sculpt… Doubt it. This is more than likely the final prototype, especially considering they're planning such a tight release schedule.

Loving the Chewbacca though - let's see how it turns out in production form.

Last edited:
Man, I don't know... I WANT to love this, but it just doesn't look like ANH Ford to me. Hopefully it is better in person.

Why, because the first one had a terrible likeness, of course!

..and I agree wholeheartedly.
This likeness is a lot better than the Indy one to my eyes. Still misses the mark, but damn. No one seems capable of really doing Ford right. SSC probably comes closest with Grove, but of course, their production sculpts rarely match prototype.

This likeness is a lot better than the Indy one to my eyes. Still misses the mark, but damn. No one seems capable of really doing Ford right. SSC probably comes closest with Grove, but of course, their production sculpts rarely match prototype.
The proportions were bloated on the SSC head too.

Love that it's Han. This morning was certainly a surprise.

Not impressed with the likeness at all though. I don't see Ford in any of them. Not Indy bad, but not good either. He also seems a little thick. Bespin Luke was much better in my opinion.

I swear.. some people in here live in lala land, some pretty outrageous rhetoric going on; "maybe Ford hasn't signed his likeness off", "well it's highly stylized" - etc.

Give me a ****ing break. :lol

I'm pretty brutal with this stuff - & so far, the head looks alright, but certainly needs improving. What (as someone earlier mentioned) is throwing out the likeness too, is the curly hair; his hair wasn't that wavy or wide in the film - which I can understandably see where the 'Ruffalo' comments are coming from.

Early days people.

It seems either the frantic posting pace of this thread is the reason - or no ones reading my posts, because it's like I have a free pass to hack crap on the hyperbole club in here. :lol

:goodpost::exactly::lol

You buyin' Chewy and Han?

Re: Hot Toys MMS -Star Wars: Episode IV-Han Solo 1/6th Scale Collectible Figure

Specs indicate Kojun did the sculpt, he's usually spot on.

Except when he's sculpting RDJ as Stark, which Iron-ically, KoJun has sculpted several times :lol

But yeah, count me in with those who find this Ford sculpt as Solo good. I'm digging it a lot!

Anyway -- I doubt that HT can dish this out as soon as Q2. Also, I was intrigued after seeing that there's no mention of Sideshow Collectibles in the description, unlike the specs for DX07. So I guess HT will really explore the galaxy far, far away solo now huh (pun intended).

Back