1/6 Hot Toys MMS 261-Star Wars: Episode IV-Han Solo 1/6th Scale Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm pretty happy with it and definitely see Ford, though as always tweaks would be welcome. Surprised by the Q1/Q2 release, though, would've thought that they'd put these further down the track in case they wanted to make changes or ran into issues w/Chewie or whatnot.

Wish this came with two portraits so I can use one on a storm trooper.

Looks way better than their Indiana Jones effort, but still not quite Harrison. Personally, I think Sideshow's Hoth Han looks more on the mark. Chewy looks amazing.

Yea, Han is clearly off. HT will need to tweak. Personally, I think the best looking Han is the Hoth version, but we still have to see how the production version actually ends up.

Vintij you're acting like a little sloot in here. If it was Sideshow (and seriously this looks like it could be a Sideshow figure, nothing about it screams hot toys), you'd be tearing it a new one!

Great news to wake up to. I agree that the Han sculpt could be improved. I am VERY GLAD this isn't a PERS figure. Thank goodness.

Vintij you're acting like a little sloot in here. If it was Sideshow (and seriously this looks like it could be a Sideshow figure, nothing about it screams hot toys), you'd be tearing it a new one!
Nah.. come on. :lol

A) I'm pretty happy, & B) I'm just countering the hype train about Travolta, Ben Stiller & everyone else they want to throw in to be clever.

I've said & agreed multiple times that they both need fixing - & what, you think the head is SSC quality?

I think HT knocked this one out of the park. Thus far the best Han Solo I have seen.

SS...............................well we will see shortly. My hopes on that figure are low. Either way this is a great release, with both him and Chewie on my preorder list for 2015!

Looks way better than their Indiana Jones effort, but still not quite Harrison. Personally, I think Sideshow's Hoth Han looks more on the mark. Chewy looks amazing.
Yea, Han is clearly off. HT will need to tweak. Personally, I think the best looking Han is the Hoth version, but we still have to see how the production version actually ends up.
Perspective sure is a funny thing! Part of why I cancelled my Hoth Han is that I just didn't care for the sculpt (one hidden with gear is pretty good, but the fully exposed one I quite dislike). For my money I'd have to say this is closer to Ford.

Also, as a few have mentioned, really glad that this is not a DX. I'm feeling pretty nervous that SSC might torpedo the better points of their Han with that ridiculous separate hair and eyes system that they're currently committed to.

Well, HT has announced two iconic SW figures and the world hasn't ended.
I think the figure looks fantastic, except for the head sculpt, so I'm not sure I'll be willing to cough up the dough to get this. The clothing and gear make it very tempting, but that's it...
This won't sell out fast, so I'll just wait until I see in hand pics.

Honestly, it looks like what happens when you sculpt an actor's face at 1/6, sculpt the hair, and put it on a 1/6 body. Sure, I see HT's signature style in there too, but it's not affecting the likeness as far as I can tell. The only thing wrong with it to me is simply that it's a 1/6 figure of someone that it is 1/1 human.

Great news to wake up to!!

I agree the Han headsculpt could use a little bit of work, but it isn't terrible. And more often than not, HT releases are usually better than the protos.

Travolta... what? No.

Already the complaints roll in.... * rolls eyes *

:huh Whaddyagonnado :lol I'm gonna blame The Dark Knight fans for all of this mess :lecture

I think I'll just go stare at my hi-res pics off the forum until these ship. Haters gonna hate, and this news is too good to spoil.

Word :lecture

This actually looks quite a bit like the recent Iminime one.

I was thinking the same thing... they both have a more masculine/idealized appearance for Han.

Nah.. come on. :lol

A) I'm pretty happy, & B) I'm just countering the hype train about Travolta, Ben Stiller & everyone else they want to throw in to be clever.

I've said & agreed multiple times that they both need fixing - & what, you think the head is SSC quality?

It looks like what modern Sideshow is capable of achieving in 1/6 prototype form. There's nothing about this Han that's jumping out at me telling me it's Hot Toys. Not the likeness, not the body proportions. I don't think it's any better than Hoth Solo, which also looks jacked up.

Their upcoming Pilot Luke looks just as good, if not better. Other than the trademark scar and maybe the nose, I don't see Ford here. The eyes, lips and hair are weird. Ben Stiller or John Travolta? Nah. But that sort of "looks like this person" hyperbole is common place for portraits that are off. You've done it and I've done it too!

Chewbacca looks outstanding though. I'm just sitting here dumbstruck thinking "how the **** did they do that". Chewie is an achievement in 1/6 scale.

Wow, the more I see of Han the more I like it... This is a great year for SW:
EPVII looks like it could actually be good
Disney is releasing the unaltered Trilogy in HD
Hot Toys is killing it with 1/6 figures :rock :rock :rock

I believe fans are finally coming to the promised land... sure we had to wander in the desert for 15 years since TPM, but I think we have arrived :bow :bow :bow

Likeness issues aside, it would have been nice to have seen a little personality to the Han sculpt - Han had all kinds of attitude in SW and ESB.

Back