1/6 Hot Toys MMS 261-Star Wars: Episode IV-Han Solo 1/6th Scale Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wow, the more I see of Han the more I like it... This is a great year for SW:
EPVII looks like it could actually be good
Disney is releasing the unaltered Trilogy in HD
Hot Toys is killing it with 1/6 figures :rock :rock :rock

I believe fans are finally coming to the promised land... sure we had to wander in the desert for 15 years since TPM, but I think we have arrived :bow :bow :bow

What makes you think Ep VII will be good - has footage or actual script pages leaked somewhere?

And according to the boards I've seen, it didn't seem to be true that Disney was releasing the unaltered trilogy. Is there some new news on this front in the past few weeks? Not sure if I missed it.

But def agree on HT...:blissy

This looks great. I have been collecting for a few years, mostly DC/Marvel stuff. But I love Star Wars and have been recently looking at getting into it. How do these compare just from a looks point of view to the Sideshow stuff that has been released?

Their upcoming Pilot Luke looks just as good, if not better.

Whoa! I was just thinking "ah, we have all the 12 backs now that Chewie and the droids are coming but still no good ANH Luke." I completely forgot about pilot Luke! Now in one fell swoop we'll be able to set up a little display capturing this iconic scene:

tumblr_n1jxbpDjac1too0j4o1_500.gif
Luke-ANH-X-Wing.jpg

:rock

Yeah, what is this, the TTM-19 again? Oh, well.

Top may be but the hips are much wider than the 19. I think this is a modified TrueType that we haven't seen. Neck is a new sculpt too I think. Arms a slim too.

Other than the shortened torso, this looks to me to be the first body that HT has made that is close to a normal guy.

What makes you think Ep VII will be good - has footage or actual script pages leaked somewhere?

And according to the boards I've seen, it didn't seem to be true that Disney was releasing the unaltered trilogy. Is there some new news on this front in the past few weeks? Not sure if I missed it.

But def agree on HT...:blissy

Well, I might be a bit out of date.

1) I'm avoiding all spoilers for EPVII, but I like the idea of who is in the cast, the chosen director and use of practical effects and shots. So I'm very optimistic.

2) I had not heard the announcement about an unlatered Trilogy wasn't true... do you have any info on that? If so, we do still have Harmy... and that's still probably better :lol

3) And yeah, even with just HT I'm good :lol

I remember when the Sideshow Han Solo came out everyone wanted him to come with the index finger pointing up...will people
cry about this Han not having the finger too?

I think his eyes are too large, need some squintyness and hair is too full on the sides. Someone photoshop these changes.

Top may be but the hips are much wider than the 19. I think this is a modified TrueType that we haven't seen. Neck is a new sculpt too I think. Arms a slim too.

Other than the shortened torso, this looks to me to be the first body that HT has made that is close to a normal guy.

Yeah, it's something I mentioned earlier. The body proportions look fantastic on this. :rock

The sculpt looks great, but stylized, I'm not seeing a lot of young Ford in the face, but WHO CARES, HE'S GOING TO BE STANDING BESIDES A WOOKIE!!!! :lol

Between Sideshows upcoming and this, Hell yes, it's a great time to be a Star Wars fan.

Han looks off!!! This cannot be a $200+ figure. Nothing there to bring the price that high

SSC Biker Scout is a $200 figure.:slap So I'm guessing a top-tier character done by HT...

Well, I might be a bit out of date.

1) I'm avoiding all spoilers for EPVII, but I like the idea of who is in the cast, the chosen director and use of practical effects and shots. So I'm very optimistic.

2) I had not heard the announcement about an unlatered Trilogy wasn't true... do you have any info on that? If so, we do still have Harmy... and that's still probably better :lol

3) And yeah, even with just HT I'm good :lol

I was reading spoilers and... well... I stopped reading spoilers.:lol

And the Disney/unaltered release was discussed quite a bit in the Harmy thread... links seem to suggest it will not happen (as of a few weeks ago when I last was reading that,) I think one issue is that Fox owns Ep 4.

You must be new here :lol

No!! But.....This was one of the issues I was going to have with some of the characters in the SW line. Han Solo for example , character design is basic (ANH Luke and Leia the same) very simple and basic. I am going to find it hard to drop $220 + on this.

:lol Even if the production piece comes out awesome???

Oh, and you should see FB. Someone compared the Han sculpt to the DX05 sculpt. :lol

Come on....

He's kidding (must be.)

Interesting that neither Michael Crawford or silentsurfer seem to be fans of this new Han sculpt. Pretty significant opinions...

Back