1/6 Hot Toys MMS 261-Star Wars: Episode IV-Han Solo 1/6th Scale Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The likeness is great, I just hope Hot Toys does the all the core characters.

Battle-Beyond-The-Stars-Art.jpg

Star Wars + Battlestar Galactica = twice the win!

Edit: Thought that was Lorne Greene but the analogy still stands!

I still haven't seen this film, it's one of Jim Cameron's first jobs.. right?

Yes, Cameron was doing FX, then conspired to have the art director fired, took over as art director, then named a bad guy in the original Terminator treatment after him. Pretty mean spirited actually.:lol

Star Wars + Battlestar Galactica = twice the win!

Edit: Thought that was Lorne Greene but the analogy still stands!

+ Barbarella + Westworld. Ya gotta cover all the bases.:lol

Yes, Cameron was doing FX, then conspired to have the art director fired, took over as art director, then named a bad guy in the original Terminator treatment after him. Pretty mean spirited actually.:lol
I think from memory, he talks briefly about it in the bonus material on The Terminator.

There's so much wrong with Chewie. I appreciate HT's attempt to recreate him, especially on a mass scale, but the face is just so underwhelming to me, even more so than Ben's.

Chewie is great. It's han that's off. This is a must and guaranteed buy from the get go but damn if HT can't capture HF true likeness. First they swig and miss with raiders and now ANH. Sideshows hoth Han is pretty solid so maybe I'll just swap out the heads.

These are some of the worst ones yet. That bottom lip on that proto is awful.

With that said, I still like a lot of the recent previous pics of him and I have faith that he's gonna get tweaked some more. I didn't order the Chewy set with him basically due to me not being sure he would come out as expected so I can still cancel if need be with no worries about any NRDs.

Good lord, Hot Toys... Somebody needs to remind them these aren't little cheap hasbro figures... Don't really appreciate paying this much for whoever the hell that is!

Back