1/6 Hot Toys MMS 261-Star Wars: Episode IV-Han Solo 1/6th Scale Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
To think I got called a troll for asking (a genuine question) if this was a similar situation to Edward Scissorhands where HT didn't have the likeness rights. It really doesn't like they do.

its not the best sculpt for sure, but i think we should wait .. and im really looking forward to display him with my greedo in the cantina environment

Gesendet von meinem iPhone mit Tapatalk

To think I got called a troll for asking (a genuine question) if this was a similar situation to Edward Scissorhands where HT didn't have the likeness rights. It really doesn't like they do.
Eh, except there are no likeness rights w/Star Wars, which I'm assuming a big fan like you would already know. Anyway, let's hope these are truly prototypes and we see some revisions come production.

Eh, except there are no likeness rights w/Star Wars, which I'm assuming a big fan like you would already know. Anyway, let's hope these are truly prototypes and we see some revisions come production.

I didn't know that - thanks! Do you mean the movies predate likeness rights and were automatically signed away by the actors as part of their contracts?

Lucas had the actors sign all their likeness rights away as part of their contract, so they all belong to LFL/Disney. Pretty sure Star Wars was the first movie with blockbuster merchandizing like we're used to now, so the actors probably had no inkling what those rights could be worth.

Edit: Just did a quick Google and found this short article in the Guardian UK in regards to Carrie Fisher. I believe it's the same case with Guinness, Hamill, Ford, etc.

Last edited:
I'm edging closer to cancelling HT Han Solo and going with SS Hoth Han. At least then I'm having Blue/Brown coat debates instead of "who does that actually look like?"

I'm edging closer to cancelling HT Han Solo and going with SS Hoth Han. At least then I'm having Blue/Brown coat debates instead of "who does that actually look like?"

Yeah, of all the upcoming SW figures so far (HT or Sideshow), I've gradually come around to thinking that the Hoth Han is the coolest and best looking one. Not just because of the good likeness, but because it's a unique look and costume we haven't seen before.

(Not to mention the fact it's not another ANH figure. Lol)

AZ0RQVa.gif

Back