1/6 Hot Toys - MMS 279 - Star Wars Episode IV: 1/6th scale Darth Vader

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Guys, I'm having a really hard time putting the battery boxes back on the belt. The belt doesn't come off right?

Thanks but even with the step-by-step I'm having an incredibly hard time. This figure is great but the execution of the electronics is probably the worst concept I've seen in an action figure.

giphy.gif

I can't get the lightsaber arm to click in to save my life. This figure may look great but it's been the least fun and most frustration I've ever had from an action figure. Kind of want to send it back and stick with my modded Sideshow.

Last edited:
Thanks but even with the step-by-step I'm having an incredibly hard time. This figure is great but the execution of the electronics is probably the worst concept I've seen in an action figure.

Its a challenge for sure...I spent hours on those things....the tutorial helped me as I was unclear which way the batteries went in - but even still, took a while....

Really, the tweezers are the best bet to slip the bottom battery and a firm push of your index finger to slide the top one in.

I really would recommend testing your belt boxes/lightsaber out at least once before your 30 replacement period ends.

I also highly recommend taking the wire out of the tunic the moment you receive this figure. The wired tunic is by far the WORST decision beyond the electronics and voice.

My 1st Vader and maybe my last if he remains at this price in the future lol. For the price I wish his outfit was more fitted to his body. Also, the cape was way better than I thought it would be. BTW......I'm not even going to touch the voice activation portion as I panic when I saw all those battery lol. I do agree it should of been put inside the stand and made it a special unique stand for the steep price we all paid for him.

The dual Jack animations you had running there had me momentarily hypnotized.

You're MY Obi Wan, Wor Gar. I'm already on it.

In fact, I poured a vodka soda to go with my steak. ;)

I dunno, a good whiskey or bourbon may've been the best with that steak, but ****, pick your poison.

Man, my Vader is dropping on Jan. 4th, according to UPS. Contemplating taking a day off work and an illicit substance to help me through the process... any advice is welcome.

Really, the tweezers are the best bet to slip the bottom battery and a firm push of your index finger to slide the top one in.

I really would recommend testing your belt boxes/lightsaber out at least once before your 30 replacement period ends.

I also highly recommend taking the wire out of the tunic the moment you receive this figure. The wired tunic is by far the WORST decision beyond the electronics and voice.

I nuked the tunic wire straight away! I think the springs in my belt boxes are keeping the batteries from snapping in: in fact, they keep "springing" out!

The lightsaber works fine and so far is the only electronic featured I've done.

The body screw was so tight I stripped it. Gave up on that.

As Threepio would say "This is madness!".

I nuked the tunic wire straight away! I think the springs in my belt boxes are keeping the batteries from snapping in: in fact, they keep "springing" out!

The lightsaber works fine and so far is the only electronic featured I've done.

The body screw was so tight I stripped it.
Gave up on that.

As Threepio would say "This is madness!".

Same here....its insane how tight that screw is on some

I think the springs in my belt boxes are keeping the batteries from snapping in: in fact, they keep "springing" out!

I have the same issue with one of my belt boxes. The spring is definitely at fault I believe -- bent or tweaked somehow.

The other belt box has a recessed switch -- so the only way I can get it on or off is by using a pin or needle to dig in there and find the switch.

Like I said, accurate or not, I have a loose SSC Vader light-up belt box I'm seriously thinking of using instead of this HT belt. At least the battery will last longer and its much easier to operate.

Back