1/6 Hot Toys - MMS 279 - Star Wars Episode IV: 1/6th scale Darth Vader

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Did they put 2 different sized boot pegs? Also what kind of boot pegs does vader come with - Ones like Han Solo or regular short ones?

Hey guys! So I opened my Vader last night and was very disappointed to find that his left leg is about 1/4-1/2 shorter than his right leg so he can't stand :( so he's going to have to go back to SSC. It's unfortunate because it really is a quality feeling figure

It's not defective. The longer leg simply doesn't have the foot peg fully inserted. I had the exact same issue.

I just removed the foot and then reinserted it.

Be gentle, but make sure it is pushed all the way in.

It's not defective. The longer leg simply doesn't have the foot peg fully inserted. I had the exact same issue.

I just removed the foot and then reinserted it.

Be gentle, but make sure it is pushed all the way in.

Yeah I took the boots off and inspected the pegs and they were both all the way in then I looked at the legs without the boots on and saw that one leg was longer than the other unfortunately by like 1/8 inch. It's strange I've never had that issue before. And mah45 the boot pegs on like the Predator big ankle pegs with the ribbing on them. I made sure to push them both the way in so it's got to be the legs are different lengths.

Yeah I took the boots off and inspected the pegs and they were both all the way in then I looked at the legs without the boots on and saw that one leg was longer than the other unfortunately by like 1/8 inch. It's strange I've never had that issue before. And mah45 the boot pegs on like the Predator big ankle pegs with the ribbing on them. I made sure to push them both the way in so it's got to be the legs are different lengths.

Hmm I also mess around with the hips. I think they were not level either. I fiddled with things for a while when I first got him. Eventually, between removing the feet and adjusting the hips, I got the legs level.

It may just take some more adjusting. I was certainly convinced that mine was defective at first as well.

I find your lack of faith disturbing.

bWhp2dD.jpg

Really like that pose, KoruptData...One the best I've seen...Simple, but with an iconic tinge...:)...

Guys, I apologize if this has been asked to death...If I want to preorder this guy, can I use rewards points on him when I do the preorder?...I thought I saw where some people did that, but I thought in the instructions on the SS site it said you couldn't...And I don't want to try using them, and then lose them...Thanks...

Matt

might be the knee joints

Guys, I apologize if this has been asked to death...If I want to preorder this guy, can I use rewards points on him when I do the preorder?...I thought I saw where some people did that, but I thought in the instructions on the SS site it said you couldn't...And I don't want to try using them, and then lose them...Thanks...

Matt

Not that I've heard........as long as your points aren't pending. If they are, its 40 days from the time of the last shipped item.

Matt

Yes you can. I pre-ordered him with a whole bunch of reward points to soften the blow!
He was delivered earlier this week, I get my hands on him tomorrow!

Wonder who is going to be the first collector to open that vader body remove the chipboard/speaker/battery/switch and mod it under the Stand , its probably one small part all compactly put together to fit in the abdomen

Really like that pose, KoruptData...One the best I've seen...Simple, but with an iconic tinge...:)...

Thanks man. Fun to get those pose on my screen from the movie and try to mimic it the best I can. He leans his upper body to his right, kinda like concentrating on the hand doing the choking while he walks closer. The only thing I changed up was his left arm and hand were mostly covered but I wanted to see his saber hanging from the belt.

Back