1/6 Hot Toys - MMS 279 - Star Wars Episode IV: 1/6th scale Darth Vader

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yep, definitely a mixed bag like rubio mentioned. Honestly, I opened him up and my first thought was "This isn't $150 better than my modified ANH Sideshow" and I put him back in the box and moved on to Luke which arrived today too.

After I decided to put the batteries in and play with the poorly designed sound function I started to appreciate him more. The gloves are a nonissue for me. I actually like the articulation that comes from that design.

Anyways, here's a pic right after I got his clothes and gear back on. Looks good with Obi.

View attachment 232848

That is stunning! Wonderful display.

I have a spare Vader body I will be disassembling to determine how feasible it will be to mount the electronics neatly in the stand. The sound feature is actually very nice and I want to attempt to salvage it. If it's workable, I'll post details.

Awesome. I look forward to hearing how it went.....best of luck making it happen!

It's so you can hear the "words". LOL

rimshot-o.gif

I have a spare Vader body I will be disassembling to determine how feasible it will be to mount the electronics neatly in the stand. The sound feature is actually very nice and I want to attempt to salvage it. If it's workable, I'll post details.
Please post the body tear down pics as well. I have a friend who is an engineer and I'd like him to have a look at the electronics to see if the timer can be replaced with a flat button inside the tunic like a stuffed animal toy.

Please post the body tear down pics as well. I have a friend who is an engineer and I'd like him to have a look at the electronics to see if the timer can be replaced with a flat button inside the tunic like a stuffed animal toy.

It'd be great if you could just squeeze Vader's belly to make him talk. The best would be a string on the back that you pull. :lol

Sideshow got back to me and said they are replacing Vader's belt...
023451.jpg
This hasn't been a fun figure so far as I spent hours wrestling with the batteries to test it only to leave it in the box because of the ripped belt. It's odd to have a figure and yet feel like you don't have it as you wait for a part. Glad they are sending me a new belt though.

At least you know a replacement is on the way. Sucks having to wait that extra time though.

Yes, but you are right. the good news of getting the part replaced outweighs having to wait a while more before I can set my figure up.

I am a bit concerned about how fragile the belt seems to be though... anyone else have a concern here or did I just get a bad one the first time around?

Re: Hot Toys Darth Vader Sixth Scale Figure

Got my shipping notice this morning! Along with space trooper and Luke in storm trooper disguise. All three will be here on the 6th! And I'm off from work that day!!!!

I understand Vader has a battle damaged mask but can someone confirm if they also have 2 indention mark closer to his lens and cheek area.....one on each side. If you look from the top of the cheek you should see it on each side. I'm just paranoid and want to make sure since this is the most expensive figure I bought so far lol.

Ok, what am I doing wrong with these infernal belt boxes?
After much fighting, I managed to get the two batteries in, flipped the switch, no lights. Ok, maybe I had the batteries in backwards. Much more fighting, got them in, switch both ways, no lights.
Forget it, tried the other belt box. Same scenario.

Back