HOT TOYS : MMS DX 12 - The Dark Knight Rises - BATMAN / BRUCE WAYNE Full Specs & Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: HOT TOYS : MMS DX 12 - The Dark Knight Rises - BATMAN / BRUCE WAYNE Full Specs &

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5bfcsaFPclA&feature=player_detailpage[/ame]
never gets old ....I could watch a million more times ........and still rock...

Re: HOT TOYS : MMS DX 12 - The Dark Knight Rises - BATMAN / BRUCE WAYNE Full Specs &

I picked up a few of these for other items that got pushed out of the display cases because of my HTs. I remember trying it and figures cannot stand in it but I will check again and post pics when I get a chance
:borg

The main part that I was worried about were the bat ears. I t hink without those that the figure would fit but then it wouldn't really be Batman. Someone on the thread that I started on this topic posted some pics showing that they just barely fit if you place something in each corner for the top to be elevated on but not high enough so that you can see that it's elevated. I've seen a few display cases on eBay that would be big enough so I may buy one and try and that.

I was just at the CRAFT store MICHAELS today and you need like 13.5 for standing but could use for sitting scene...They had some cool shadow boxes there that might be use for standing figure's..Ive seen one guy use just for his iron man versions...I bought a few 13.5 case's for my bats and joker's but the dx stands dont fit in the case but a single figures does with regular stand.

As much as I like the stands I wasn't even sure if I would use them since I was wanting to do a Bane/Batman fight scene diorama. (First Fight) But I never saw a 13.5 case there. I'll have to do another look. Are they big enough to hold 2 figures or just 1? If just one I may have seen the one that you're talking about.

I have 2 of them. Figures bearly fit. Tip it on its side

I thought about that to give more head space but didn't think that it would look that good. Can you provide pics of yours?

DSC06551.jpg

Here's my temporary display case's i bought sorry for crappy pic....the case's are hard to find at michaels they go fast but they do get them in.......

Anyone think they will make a Bruce Wayne figure?

Anyone think they will make a Bruce Wayne figure?

I always thought the ideal thing for Hot Toys to do would be to package a Bruce Wayne suit sans body with the DX 12 (ala DX 01 cop Joker). They already are including the Bruce sculpt, why not give us a suit? It would be no more costly or complicated than the Police get-up for Joker. :dunno

With that opportunity passed, I'd be surprised to see a stand-alone Wayne figure.

Does anyone have anything positive to say about the cowl sculpt?

After staring at it and comparing it countless times to the actual movie cowl, I'm no longer so disappointed with it; I think that the promo pictures are not lit as well as they could be, and the posing is just so poorly done.

There are a couple pics posted by fans from conventions that give an entirely different impression of the figure. There is one in particular that looks great, It's from a lower angle, and the eyes look squinted-the initial promos show wide eyes, and all of the fan shot photos show more squinted eyes- much to my satisfaction.

The framing of the eyes is only flawed in that the recessed border fades and smooths out on the bottom as it meets the inner eye and the figure shows a strong pronounced Frame all the way around, and the upper part of the eye area beneath the cowl (above the eye lids) are supposed to protrude more and meet the cowl tighter than it is on the figure.

As for the texture and forehead details; many on set Photos of bale taken by crew look very much like the figure, where the lines look more pronounced and the color and texture look shinier and less rubbery and mOre plastic. For this reason, I think the figure cowl is very carefully sculpted, and that proper lighting and maybe some slight mods (hopefully done by HT's them self) will reveal the true accuracy of this figure.

What r people's thoughts on the
Cowl?

I think the cowl sculpt is excellent! Its perfect.
I dont know why people here are complaining about it.

After staring at it and comparing it countless times to the actual movie cowl, I'm no longer so disappointed with it; I think that the promo pictures are not lit as well as they could be, and the posing is just so poorly done.

There are a couple pics posted by fans from conventions that give an entirely different impression of the figure. There is one in particular that looks great, It's from a lower angle, and the eyes look squinted-the initial promos show wide eyes, and all of the fan shot photos show more squinted eyes- much to my satisfaction.

The framing of the eyes is only flawed in that the recessed border fades and smooths out on the bottom as it meets the inner eye and the figure shows a strong pronounced Frame all the way around, and the upper part of the eye area beneath the cowl (above the eye lids) are supposed to protrude more and meet the cowl tighter than it is on the figure.

As for the texture and forehead details; many on set Photos of bale taken by crew look very much like the figure, where the lines look more pronounced and the color and texture look shinier and less rubbery and mOre plastic. For this reason, I think the figure cowl is very carefully sculpted, and that proper lighting and maybe some slight mods (hopefully done by HT's them self) will reveal the true accuracy of this figure.

Cowl?

My thoughts are the same as before. Cowl and faces need plenty of work.

Cowl?
I completely agree with this. Especially the part where you touched upon the figure looking different in show / convention photos.

I don't know what made me come around. There's a good chance it was seeing the quarter scale TDKR Batman :lol

:lol

Mind = blown

Anybody else notice this whole page is a complete deja vu? Like seriously, we've already discussed all this throughout the last 40 pages. :slap

Idk, I just said last 40 so the people that are bringing it up cant ***** about going back through the thread. C'mon guys, stating an opinion is one thing, but some of you are asking questions that have been answered and discussed in extent. It wont kill you to read a few pages back.

Anybody else notice this whole page is a complete deja vu? Like seriously, we've already discussed all this throughout the last 40 pages. :slap

Derp*** I was only here for the one.
Maybe next time I'll make sure to read an entire thread before daring to ask or bring up something 'unoriginal.'

Derp*** I was only here for the one.
Maybe next time I'll make sure to read an entire thread before daring to ask or bring up something 'unoriginal.'

Good job trying to talk ****. :lol

Back