HOT TOYS : MMS DX 12 - The Dark Knight Rises - BATMAN / BRUCE WAYNE Full Specs & Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: HOT TOYS : MMS DX 12 - The Dark Knight Rises - BATMAN / BRUCE WAYNE Full Specs &

:lol

The drool in my eyes doesn't bother me that much, it's the tears in my eyes after spoting the inaccuracies bugs me the most. :slap

Yep, and paraphrasing the kids song...the tears in the eyes are connected to the...wallet bone. :lol

Which leads me back to my original statement...considering the price of the figure combined with the fact it's their third attempt at doing it...this figure is very disappointing in my book. :thud:

Re: HOT TOYS : MMS DX 12 - The Dark Knight Rises - BATMAN / BRUCE WAYNE Full Specs &

The picture of the suit there makes this one look pretty good, accuracy wise, to me at least.

Of course it does. Someone posts a pic that doesn't show well to the figure and all panic ensues. :lol

Wash, Rinse, Repeat, this section.

(500th Post :yess:)

Now, It's still not great, but a bit better.

Look here in the Dark Knightfall video, it looks like a much smaller gap. :slap

Well, I'd be very happy if the figure were accurate enough to pass your eye for detail, but being a bit more of a casual fan, I'm delighted with how it looks. :dunno :D

Believe me, I'm not going to bash anyone if they like it. More power to you.

If your happy with your purchase, I'm happy for you.

But I still have the DX02, so I have to consider whether or not the figure has been improved enough to warrant another $250 or so.

I just don't see enough improvement to justify ME spending that kind of $$$ on a figure I already own.

I'm prepared to suffer thru life with my DX02. :)

(500th Post :bess:)

Now, It's still not great, but a bit better.

Look here in the Dark Knightfall video, it looks like a much smaller gap. :slap

You can probably adjust the ab crunch to push down the breast plates.

Isn't that part mobile? Doesn't it move up and down on the rails for his armor?

:dunno

It does look like a smaller gap, don't you think? Or am I seeing things?

Nah, I can see it too. If that part is harder plastic, it probably moves when the upper body is moved. Adjust that down a little, gap shrinks. At least this is what I'd think.

You'd like to hope so, and I really hope it does & it's just a matter of proper futzing.

I want to like this thing, really I do. Can't bring myself to do it...:dunno

Nah, I can see it too. If that part is harder plastic, it probably moves when the upper body is moved. Adjust that down a little, gap shrinks. At least this is what I'd think.

Never thought of that. Good call, your probably right.

I think the upper armor is like this for torso articulation. Pushing the figures body forward will allow movement. Had the upper armor and the abbs armor met then the figure would have had less articulation.

I had really only 2 problems with the movie.

1. Batman gets out of the prison, and next thing you know, he's in Gotham. I realize the movie is almost 3 hours, but I'm curious how he did that. He escaped from prison, no ID, seemingly nowhere near Gotham. Have you ever lost your ID? It isn't like you can just get another one in 15 minutes.

2. A bomb is about to go off in a matter of hours, Gordon is about to be sentenced by the Scarecrow, he's taking his last steps on the ice, Batman could've saved him earlier but he took timeout to make a blazing Bat symbol on a suspension bridge?

This last nit-pik I can live with, but that death scene at the end was excruciating.

meh.

doesn't look any worse than DX09 top piece sticking out to me:dunno

Agreed. They're both awful. :(

also, can't wait to see you're pics and master futzing of this figure :bow

:1-1: You and me both.

I know I just posted this in the Tumbler thread, but I'm posting here for a different reason. With the first set of pics we got, just about all the figures looked like they had crooked PERS and I personally was pretty worried that all first batches would be this way. but looking at this pic, maybe it was just the guys who got it early to photograph like OMG and Luka

this random guy's PERS looks aligned pretty well

552710_398041870268802_1374303993_n.jpg

also, think this pic looks pretty awesome. love the Wayne sculpt

546273_398077490265240_833637581_n.jpg

PERS look straight (which is good to see), but front flash always makes them look huge.

The Wayne sculpt looks perfect, he looks aged and tired. That should make the accuracy nerds happy.

:lol Funny thing is, it looks the same to me. That sculpt has looked fantastic to me since day one.

Never thought of that. Good call, your probably right.

After viewing multiple pics on Facebook......looks like the abs do allow some play/movements :wink1:

552710_398041870268802_1374303993_n.jpg

The neutral mouth on that figure looks good too, it doesn't look goofy like some of you talked about

Good point. I'm still in the camp that it is NOT a smile.

546273_398077490265240_833637581_n.jpg

Hrrrnnnngg!!! Screw the cowl, this is how mine will be.

That head is going on my DX02 the second it arrives.

The figure has grown on me. Re-ordered.

908879_o.gif

those eyes look a lot better, whilst these ones look bigger (pupils) and bad.
:dunno
There must be some crappy variance in the figures..

ScreenShot2012-10-07at113138-1.png

Look the same to me...

I'm pretty sure they are the same. The only difference is with more frontal light the pupils looks brown which make the look smaller.. and with less light the pupils looks black which make them look bigger... is all about contrast... black and white vs brown and white ...

:exactly:

I don't think so.

Why?

It's all about photography man... that ebay/whatever pic is at such a different angle and position to the camera.

:lecture Rory should know this.

That's what I figured...people are so quick to panic about the chest piece.

I don't think you understand. I'm not talking about the color of the pupils.
I'm talking about the size of the PERS pupils, there seems to some variation. And also some of them appear crossed/faulty. The pic above is good regardless of the pupil colour, the one I posted seems to have slightly larger pupils, as did some of the previous heads that have been photographed.

First, I agree that some look cross-eyed. But I do not believe that they have different sized pupils. No way.

And if you mean iris, why would you want them smaller? That would mean more white. If anything we want less white.

why? it happened quite regularly with Enterbay figures?:dunno
The eyes are manufactured separately and can have variation between batches....

Well it would be first ever with Hot Toys.

This just illustrates one of the many things that drives me nuts about this figure...and why I have to laugh when people rave how good the body is:
tdkr-horz.jpg

The ab armor sits way to low

Looks to me it's how you position the body
batman-header.jpg
the-dark-knight-rises-batsuit.jpg
bale-batman.jpg
picture.php

Also the shoulder pads look fine.

You think better than the TF Exclusive Bale??? I really like that one....

Seriously?

No contest.

Looks like various stages of constipation:

1. Pushing
2. Pushing Hard...
3. Satisfaction/ Relief

:rotfl

*saved*

8055926934_782dfbbc37_z.jpg

Seriously, who can tell me with a straight face that the supposedly 'neutral' face doesn't look like a smile

Those faces are as big a fail as the V1 joker for me. Definitely need custom faces.

Sometimes it does, sometimes it doesn't. However, I don't think a smile was the intent.

This just illustrates one of the many things that drives me nuts about this figure...and why I have to laugh when people rave how good the body is:
tdkr-horz.jpg

The ab armor sits way to low...the shoulder pads are too big & shaped wrong...the bicep guards are wrong...the undersuit is too baggy in the arms...below the neck to the chest armor is all wrong, in fact the whole chest is assembled wrong....that's not even addressing the wonky cowl, eyes and mouthpieces...and sorry....no Batman I've ever seen wears loafers. :slap

The only thing that bugs me about the body is the gap between the breast plate and ab armor. The gap is huge and shows those ugly ass straps. Should have just made those straps fabric as well so they meshed with the undersuit and didn't distract from the plastic/rubber plating. Also make sure the gap isn't prominent.

Yep. It's been bugging me since the very first day it was shown (check the dates):

However, there have been enough pictures posted where the straps are almost completely covered that I believe (or hope) that it's only a futzing issue. :pray:

Back