HOT TOYS : MMS DX 12 - The Dark Knight Rises - BATMAN / BRUCE WAYNE Full Specs & Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: HOT TOYS : MMS DX 12 - The Dark Knight Rises - BATMAN / BRUCE WAYNE Full Specs &

@DRACULA - Is the head on your photo the one that come's with the figure.. with no mod's??

Looks great by the way.

You must have missed my answer! :wink1:

Thank you!

Yes, it's the one that comes with the figure. No mods besides swapping out the mouth piece for a custom one made by robbiethepainter here on the forum.

Re: HOT TOYS : MMS DX 12 - The Dark Knight Rises - BATMAN / BRUCE WAYNE Full Specs &

:dunno I think the DX12 cowl, despite its inaccuracy, looks better.

Love your pictures and Robbie's face plate.
Very nice figure, and I think put in a proper angle the cowl looks great. Eyes are not big, they just made for looking up, so if you point them down he looks silly. I think that PERS here is not needed, cause you really have very little "no-silly" options :). I like how you arranged everything - just perfect.:clap

Last edited:

Great stuff,, I think it looks great I can not understand why people say it looks so bad..

Sorry I missed your answer the first time..

Cheers dude.

Love your pictures and Robbie's face plate.
Very nice figure, and I think put in a proper angle the cowl looks great. Eyes are not big, they just made for looking up, so if you point them down he looks silly. I think that PERS here is not needed, cause you really have very little "no-silly" options :). I like what how you arranged everuthing - just perfect.:clap

Totally agree and thanks mate! :hi5:

Great stuff,, I think it looks great I can not understand why people say it looks so bad..

Sorry I missed your answer the first time..

Cheers dude.

No problem. I think it might be because of bad posing and futzing.. :dunno

IMO DX12 is far from terrible out of the box. It's a great figure.

I was only referring to the headsculpt; the rest of the figure is great. Issues with headsculpt seem to be google eyes and mouth plates not sitting deep enough, in addition to the mouth plates themselves not being very good. Like I say, it can be improved but such an expensive figure should not require any alterations.

The Medi sculpt is downright awful without mods but simply widened and repainted, it has yet to be beaten by any offering from HT.

I was only referring to the headsculpt; the rest of the figure is great. Issues with headsculpt seem to be google eyes and mouth plates not sitting deep enough, in addition to the mouth plates themselves not being very good. Like I say, it can be improved but such an expensive figure should not require any alterations.

The Medi sculpt is downright awful without mods but simply widened and repainted, it has yet to be beaten by any offering from HT.

I was lucky, my eyes were perfectly aligned out the box. I still think its a great figure unmodded and the best HT Batman we've seen so far. Modded though, it becomes even better.

I still am not keen on the Medi. While its more accurate, I just don't like the way it looks on the HT body. It's a personal preference though. To each their own.

DigiCam is dead so here are some phone pics of mine finished with another touch up to the Medi mouth piece. no more mods for this guy

photo_1_zps9da129f7-1_zps77999d90.jpg

photo_2_zps6163270d-1_zpsf845fa81.jpg

photo_5-1_zps660d090a-1_zpse4cab98f.jpg

Last edited:

Do I have to worry about the crotch grabber from the stand digging into the thighs and damaging/denting the suit over time?

I don't think so. Mine has been on the stand since I got it and there aren't any dents/marks on the thighs

Seriously Gipetto, I think yours is my favorite. Well done.

Sent from my LG-E739 using Tapatalk 2

Thanks man! means a lot :)

but it's not mine anymore, it's Ayumiwill. :lol I'll take some better pics before he gets shipped off though

was a slight problem with both OC/TF Bats and DX02, but if you let him off the crotch grabber after a few days the rubber went back to normal

Oh ok, thanks a lot. Stand it is.

Thanks man! means a lot :)

but it's not mine anymore, it's Ayumiwill. :lol I'll take some better pics before he gets shipped off though

:monkey2

Any chance you could compile a list of mods you did to it? Definitely one the same level as Maglor's.

:monkey2

Any chance you could compile a list of mods you did to it? Definitely one the same level as Maglor's.

Sorry he asked me first waaaay before anyone else did so I felt it was only right to give him dibs.

Here's off the top of my head the mods done:

-align the chest
-sculpt new eyelids
-sand down the backs of all the mouthpieces
-made the medicom mouth into a mouthpiece to fit the DX12 sculpt and repainted it
-made the shoulder pads into 2 pieces and sculpted what was missing of the lower piece
-cut the cuffs off of all the gloves
-widened the gauntlets at the end to fit over the gloves
-pulled the sleeves down and glued them in place
-cut the pelvic area of the "fat suit" out to allow for more leg articulation

And I think that's it

Last edited:

Sorry he asked me first waaaay before anyone else dud so I felt it was only right to give him dibs.

Here's off the top of my head the mods done:

-align the chest
-sculpt new eyelids
-sand down the backs of all the mouthpieces
-made the medicom mouth into a mouthpiece to fit the DX12 sculpt and repainted it
-made the shoulder pads into 2 pieces and sculpted what was missing of the lower piece
-cut the cuffs off of all the gloves
-widened the gauntlets at the end to fit over the gloves
-pulled the sleeves down and glued them in place
-cut the pelvic area of the "fat suit" out to all for more leg articulation

And I think that's it

Fair enough.

Thanks man!

What exactly is wrong with the chest? I can't see it on mine.

Back