HOT TOYS : MMS DX 12 - The Dark Knight Rises - BATMAN / BRUCE WAYNE Full Specs & Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: HOT TOYS : MMS DX 12 - The Dark Knight Rises - BATMAN / BRUCE WAYNE Full Specs &

Let's see:

- They are both action figures

- They are both based on Christian Bale as Batman

- They are both made from PVC or something.

- They are both on the same price range

I'd say they are comparable... One The Enterbay Batman achieved to capture Christian Bale as Batman and the DX12 FAILED on capturing the look of Christian Bale as Batman. Hence all the modifications and everything, that IMO doesn't get a result nearly as good as the Enterbay Batman.. so is safe to me to say that the Enterbay Batman is the best Batman figure on the market ....

:goodpost: :exactly:

Sorry I wasn't clear - I was referring to 2 points my friend.
1 - The scale difference. Scale does make a difference. It's easier to sculpt with more detail and attention if it is larger. Kinda like hitting a snooker ball as opposed to hitting an 8 ball. The game is essentially the same but the degree of difficulty is different, thus making it non comparable.

2 - More importantly, I meant the best 1/6 Dark Knight suit currently available. I wasn't stating Bruce Wayne or CB looking like Batman or Batman looking like CB. Just Batman from the TDK(R). Comparing the BB suit vs TDK suit isn't reasonable. Totally different design from cowl to ummm knees? If you were comparing the 1/6 toyfair BB disregarding scale - You might have a valid point for the comparison. Not the DX12 unless Enterbay does one in either scale.

I'm not arguing with you and I never will with any one because it's not an effective way to communicate. We can freely debate about it because it leads to compromise, and to compromse you need more than 2 individuals with an open mind.

Re: HOT TOYS : MMS DX 12 - The Dark Knight Rises - BATMAN / BRUCE WAYNE Full Specs &

Just a tip, dont waste your time man. Its like debating with a brick wall.

Yeah man - I'm finished debating about the DX12.

Btw, I love the quote in your sig. So true. :duff

Just a tip, dont waste your time man. Its like debating with a brick wall.

:lol:lecture:goodpost::exactly: I can't say anything mean to T7 anymore as much as I want to cuz I already got an infraction awhile back for lashing out him so I just have to sit back, relax, and enjoy u guys backing me up instead with his trolling and his hatred on this BEAUTIFUL Nolan Batman figure ever made in TDK/TDKR costume.:wink1: Hydeous, my friend, I hate to say this to u, but I told u so.:1-1: Him TROLLiNG I mean and derailing this thread.:mad:

You're wrong... I was arguing with somebody about what's the best Batman figure...

Please follow the whole thread, before going around and giving me an infraction.

:slap

I did, hence the infraction.

I remembered giving you warning like a month ago, in this thread as well, with the same **** that you were trying to pull off, by talking trash bout this and comparing it with the EB 1/4 figure.

Look, T, its not even to the point where no one agrees and understand your point. Heck, I even agree with you TBH. But your constant trolling and repeating the same **** over and over again since last year is getting old. We get it, you hate the DX12. Maybe I should put it on the title thread and on the specs and description on the first post as well? :rolleyes:

Btw, I love the quote in your sig. So true. :duff

Thanks Zsasz! :duff right back at ya~
I just became a freak last fall so I'm way behind. That means there is a lot that I don't have - Don't be surprised that I might snipe something from evilbay from ya but we can always be friends. :1-1:

Sideshow finally got back to me about my request to return my second DX12 (due to QC issues), and they've asked me to destroy the entire figure this time rather than return it. Not sure why they don't want me to return instead? Must be cheaper for them this way. I feel bad destroying an entire figure lol.

That is sad to have to destroy it, indeed.

But I don't know if it's your user name or what, but for the life of me I can't help picturing the figure being wired with TNT and one of those plungers.:rotfl

Absolutely it is:hi5:

Can't remember the website, but it was made by Triad if I'm not mistaken. I bought it 3 or 4 years back and put the first Dark Knight Bale sculpt on it and upgraded when I got the DX12.
Very cool, thanks! :hi5:

Sideshow finally got back to me about my request to return my second DX12 (due to QC issues), and they've asked me to destroy the entire figure this time rather than return it. Not sure why they don't want me to return instead? Must be cheaper for them this way. I feel bad destroying an entire figure lol.

Got a leaky DX02 with a crappy camera?:wink1:

Splendid!

I think your looks more like Bale anyone elses. Then compilation of the custom Medi head and your cut up Bale mouth does it. But others have the same thing I believe but something about yours sets it apart. Can I get a close up pic of the eyes? I want to see Monkeys eye work.

Many thanks - my cam is rubbish and any close up shots go blurry - I think you can sort of see the eyes in these pics.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

And one for fun

Many thanks - my cam is rubbish and any close up shots go blurry - I think you can sort of see the eyes in these pics.

And one for fun

Absolutely amazing, someone should post pics like these on Hot Toys face book page (which is currently dominated with Iron man) to show what the cowl is suppose to look like. :rock

That is sad to have to destroy it, indeed.

But I don't know if it's your user name or what, but for the life of me I can't help picturing the figure being wired with TNT and one of those plungers.:rotfl

LOL :rotfl I'd love to do something ridiculous like that!

Got a leaky DX02 with a crappy camera?:wink1:

lol nah unfortunately not. I only just got into these figures with the release of DX12.

Re: destruction of figures

I wouldn't go overboard and I certainly would not be using any power tools, especially something like a table saw. My own table saw is worth many times the price of a DX12 and my fingers have no price. It's not safe to use this kind of object with such a tool and I'm sure SSC is not going to cover medical and compensatory expenses/damages should the unthinkable happen.

Does SSC recommend any specific destruction procedures that are not foolish/dangerous? In other words, something that doesn't involve saw blades nor firearms? ;) I can certainly understand them not wanting to pay for shipping back multiple times, that expense would far outweigh the profit on the product to a location like Australia.

Re: destruction of figures

Does SSC recommend any specific destruction procedures that are not foolish/dangerous? In other words, something that doesn't involve saw blades nor firearms? ;) I can certainly understand them not wanting to pay for shipping back multiple times, that expense would far outweigh the profit on the product to a location like Australia.

Blowtorch? Kill with fire???:dunno

Perhaps a controlled hammer after you place the poor figure in a bag???:lol

Dropping it into a can of paint would also be effective but it's also potentially a mess and unreasonable expense to request. Paint isn't cheap, and neither is anything else you might accidentally spill paint all over.

The bag and hammer is probably the easiest - I doubt you have to turn the figure into a fine dust to satisfy SSC. ;) I was curious to find out if they recommend anything, because they have to tread a fine line with regards to liability.

Persoanlly, I think any type of destruction is wrong but I suppose destroying an expensive toy to get a replacement reflects the materialistic, greedy and selfish nature of Western society in the 21st Century. Or am I reading too much in to it? :monkey3

Pics of my modded DX12 and custom Bruce are up in my collection thread LINK HERE

DarkKnight28_zps1fbf57c5.jpg

Back