HOT TOYS : MMS DX 12 - The Dark Knight Rises - BATMAN / BRUCE WAYNE Full Specs & Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: HOT TOYS : MMS DX 12 - The Dark Knight Rises - BATMAN / BRUCE WAYNE Full Specs &

Re: destruction of figures

I wouldn't go overboard and I certainly would not be using any power tools, especially something like a table saw. My own table saw is worth many times the price of a DX12 and my fingers have no price. It's not safe to use this kind of object with such a tool and I'm sure SSC is not going to cover medical and compensatory expenses/damages should the unthinkable happen.

Does SSC recommend any specific destruction procedures that are not foolish/dangerous? In other words, something that doesn't involve saw blades nor firearms? ;) I can certainly understand them not wanting to pay for shipping back multiple times, that expense would far outweigh the profit on the product to a location like Australia.

lol, not going to go overboard, we're just having a bit of fun. SSC recommend placing the figure inside a bag and then hit it with a hammer, which is what I'll be doing. I do feel bad destroying it, but it's the only way I can get a refund, unfortunately.

Re: HOT TOYS : MMS DX 12 - The Dark Knight Rises - BATMAN / BRUCE WAYNE Full Specs &

lol, not going to go overboard, we're just having a bit of fun. SSC recommend placing the figure inside a bag and then hit it with a hammer, which is what I'll be doing. I do feel bad destroying it, but it's the only way I can get a refund, unfortunately.

i use scissors and other cutting tools on fabrics and soft rubber and plastic. you can cut up the costume, gauntlets, hands, boots and parts of the cowl and smash the rest like the body and accessories. couldn't smash the head when i wanted a refund so had to really wreck it with a blade to satisfy SSC for the refund.

yeah it feels like a waste, but rest in the comfort of getting a refund.

hope your fig from popcultcha is perfect, mate

Just remember, as the hammer goes down, picture the most annoying computer-related experiences you've had and take out that anger.

At least, that's what I sometimes fantasize about at work.:wink1:

I'm not arguing with you and I never will with any one because it's not an effective way to communicate. We can freely debate about it because it leads to compromise, and to compromse you need more than 2 individuals with an open mind.

Get your friends over, we need some sanity here. :panic:

SAM_0546_zpsa96bffaf.jpg

By far, my favorite batman figure. And I even found a good use for the extra head sculpt!

Is that a repaint of the V1? Looks decent. I wouldn't mind seeing better pics it.

:lol Saved.

How he hasn't been banned is beyond me. I guess the tolerance level for trolls is unreasonably high.

If you think he's bad you should see batfreak. :lol

Just a tip, dont waste your time man. Its like debating with a brick wall.

Exactly.

Best thing to do is ignore him.

I wouldn't go overboard and I certainly would not be using any power tools, especially something like a table saw. My own table saw is worth many times the price of a DX12 and my fingers have no price. It's not safe to use this kind of object with such a tool and I'm sure SSC is not going to cover medical and compensatory expenses/damages should the unthinkable happen.

Does SSC recommend any specific destruction procedures that are not foolish/dangerous? In other words, something that doesn't involve saw blades nor firearms? ;) I can certainly understand them not wanting to pay for shipping back multiple times, that expense would far outweigh the profit on the product to a location like Australia.

That's the point. They're not supposed to profit, they're supposed to take a loss. This is supposed to be the incentive for them to get on top of their QC, instead of lazily sending out so many defective products (and passing these losses on to Hot Toys so they get on top of it as well). That's the point of free market capitalism.

That's the point. They're not supposed to profit, they're supposed to take a loss. This is supposed to be the incentive for them to get on top of their QC, instead of lazily sending out so many defective products (and passing these losses on to Hot Toys so they get on top of it as well). That's the point of free market capitalism.

It maybe the point but like Hot Toys and Enterbay, sideshow just do not care. They know people will still continue to buy their stuff regardless if it sucks and so all they care about is making a profit and actualy reducing the chance of a loss that would teach them a lesson. :thud:

I pray one day we find a company that is not in it for profit but actually is striving to deliver the best quality products because they are passionate about it! :pray:

Last edited:

It maybe the point but like Hot Toys and Enterbay, sideshow just do not care. They know people will still continue to buy their stuff regardless if it sucks and so all they care about is making a profit and actualy reducing the chance of a loss that would teach them a lesson. :thud:

I pray one day we find a company that is not in it for profit but actually is striving to deliver the best quality products because they are passionate about it! :pray:

All the board members should get together and make their own company, not for profit, but for fellow collectors! ;)

From memory I think there were 2 pieces damaged. The scowling face plate had a chip in the chin which stood out like dog's b@lls under light, and the utility belt had chip and paint missing on the gold bit as well as the buckle.

You've probably destroyed it by now... but if it was possible, I know you shouldn't have to accept a damaged figure... and the fact it's probably hard to find any in stock now?

There's people like Skiman who could probably fix the mouthpiece with his awesome airbrushing skin techniques. Even the belt is fixable. But again, in the right hands... I know it sounds bad with these defects but they are small and so easily fixable with the right tools/people.

I know personally with very light wet and dry paper and some airbrushing it would be as good as new. Rather than go and take a chainsaw to it. :)

Heh, I'm surprised people haven't started up a repair business by now. Car body equivalent repair shops for high end figures. :D

Heh.

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NE5UoQzIRro[/ame]

Last edited:

Heh, I'm amazed how much googling Batman has so much of sideshowcollectors content.

:slap

I did, hence the infraction.

I remembered giving you warning like a month ago, in this thread as well, with the same **** that you were trying to pull off, by talking trash bout this and comparing it with the EB 1/4 figure.

Look, T, its not even to the point where no one agrees and understand your point. Heck, I even agree with you TBH. But your constant trolling and repeating the same **** over and over again since last year is getting old. We get it, you hate the DX12. Maybe I should put it on the title thread and on the specs and description on the first post as well? :rolleyes:

:goodpost:
It's not even his opinion that everybody's annoyed with. Its the fact that he attacks everyone that has a different opinion. He even does it in other threads that have nothing to do with the DX12.

Thanks Zsasz! :duff right back at ya~
I just became a freak last fall so I'm way behind. That means there is a lot that I don't have - Don't be surprised that I might snipe something from evilbay from ya but we can always be friends. :1-1:

:lol Most likely not though, because Ive been slowly getting out of the game, so Ive sold off a lot of my collection. Best of luck to you man! Its a fun interesting hobby. :duff

Got to hand it to Medicom. Their hands fit below the gauntlets without any cutting.

Yea I wish I had some Medi hands, they look more in scale. The open left hand on the DX 12 looks crazy big, lol.

i use scissors and other cutting tools on fabrics and soft rubber and plastic. you can cut up the costume, gauntlets, hands, boots and parts of the cowl and smash the rest like the body and accessories. couldn't smash the head when i wanted a refund so had to really wreck it with a blade to satisfy SSC for the refund.

yeah it feels like a waste, but rest in the comfort of getting a refund.

hope your fig from popcultcha is perfect, mate
Thanks man, hope so as well. I'm really over getting defective figures from Sideshow.

Just remember, as the hammer goes down, picture the most annoying computer-related experiences you've had and take out that anger.

At least, that's what I sometimes fantasize about at work.:wink1:
I work in IT, so that will be easy :) haha

You've probably destroyed it by now... but if it was possible, I know you shouldn't have to accept a damaged figure... and the fact it's probably hard to find any in stock now?

There's people like Skiman who could probably fix the mouthpiece with his awesome airbrushing skin techniques. Even the belt is fixable. But again, in the right hands... I know it sounds bad with these defects but they are small and so easily fixable with the right tools/people.

I know personally with very light wet and dry paper and some airbrushing it would be as good as new. Rather than go and take a chainsaw to it. :)

Heh, I'm surprised people haven't started up a repair business by now. Car body equivalent repair shops for high end figures. :D

Heh.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NE5UoQzIRro

Hey dude,

Haven't destroyed it yet. I've ordered another from a local retailer in Australia last night for similar price and I wanted to confirm my order before I destroyed my existing one, so I'll probably destroy tonight. I wouldn't destroy it if I wasn't able to get another one.

I know that these issues are minor and they can be fixed, and it probably sounds ridiculous to destroy the entire set because of a couple of defects with some parts, but I just don't feel like spending more money to get the DX12 I should have received in the first place, you know? I mean, with shipping, this thing costs almost $300, which is ridiculous already. To then spend even more money to fix someone elses f(u)ck ups because there was a lack of quality control is just BS. If it was a small repair or cheap repair, I'd probably consider it, but sending the pieces to someone else to fix, paying for their time, paying shipping there and back, not worth it.

I'm a very fussy collector, probably worse than most, and I like the entire set to be mint in order to maintain its value. Maybe if Sideshow and Hot Toys will wake up one day after receiving too many returns and losing money, and up their QC.

So far, every Hot Toys purchase I've made from Sideshow has arrived with issues. With Bane, one of the pipes on his mask came clean off. It didn't even snap or anything, it literally just fell out (there is a hole in the mask for the pipe to sit in) due to the cheap glue Hot Toys use. I wasn't sure if I could repair it and make it look like it wasn't touched due to my unsteady hands, so I asked for a replacement head. Replacement head arrived with pipe intact, but a shaved eyebrow :slap its like Sideshow just checked to see if the pipe was ok, but didn't bother going over the rest of the head. Ended up repairing my original head in the end, so I got a replacement head for nothing lol. Thankfully my repair job turned out perfect and you can't tell its been repaired at all.

You could, if you wanted to bother with a little effort, part out that defective DX12 and make back more than your original purchase price. But of course it's a gamble and more work than just busting it up for a refund.

Nah cbf doing that, would prefer to just bust it up and get my money back lol.

By the way, for anyone who's cut up the Wayne head, any tips on cutting out the mouth to make a mouth piece out of it? Never done something like this before and don't want to screw it up.

I'm so excited!!! A fellow freak on here just offered me one for an amazing price. Mint condition and the box isn't completely trashed and beat up like some I've seen in the thread. I can't wait to finally get my hands on this bad boy. It'll be my first dx and first batman figure. I'm pretty stoked. Now, to sell some old figures and games to gather up some cash...

Back