HOT TOYS : MMS DX 12 - The Dark Knight Rises - BATMAN / BRUCE WAYNE Full Specs & Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: HOT TOYS : MMS DX 12 - The Dark Knight Rises - BATMAN / BRUCE WAYNE Full Specs &

Finally some meaningful and qualitative remarks on "why" some people don't prefer PERS. It's still a matter of paint/materials rather than the mechanism, but finally understood.

That said, is this something you see in anything but close-up photography and when holding a figure in-hand for close inspection? It's not going to be something you're likely to notice when the figure is displayed on a shelf, and absolutely not something anyone not intimately familiar with these products is ever going to notice either.

Did I see someone in the past replace the eyes (or repaint) in a PERS sculpt while maintaining the functioning mechanism?

Re: HOT TOYS : MMS DX 12 - The Dark Knight Rises - BATMAN / BRUCE WAYNE Full Specs &

Another big factor is that in comparison to 1:1 scale busts that looks ultrarealistic, the 1:1 uses medical grade translucent eyes that gives it a realistic look.
HT doesnt use translucent eyes, they're flat sunburst painted that looks very toyish, hence what is DA's point, it ruins mosts sculpts cause it looks like a toy.

Actually the PERS eyes aren't painted at least not according to a member here who had a broken PERS system and cracked the open to see for themselves. I'll see of I can find the post

EDIT: here it is. Just to give some context, DA and I were debating on if the eyes on PERS were like glass eyes or if the iris was a decal like the MMS figures eyes most likely are

No idea on the MMS figures but on DX PERS, they imitate glass eyes, only plastic but they are solid as in if you scraped a blade accross the pupil, it would be like scratching plastic, not a decal which would tear up.

Last edited:

Careful handling the Robbie faceplate - the paint will come off - I've done it to two of mine.

I haven't had paint issues, but I'm curious as to how some of you had paint come off? In what way were they handled? I'm just curious because I want to make sure I don't do any of those things to damage the paint.

pers system works for some figure and not for others its that simple. from the ones i have seen in hand
dx01 yes
dx02 no
dx05 no
dx08 yes
dx09 yes
dx10 not too sure (dont look too bad but make him look sad)
dx12 no (vast improvement over dx01 but i much prefer the monkey robot master sculpt)

I don't acknowledge any DX05.....not a
Dang thing worked for that figure....awful.

pers system works for some figure and not for others its that simple. from the ones i have seen in hand
dx01 yes
dx02 no
dx05 no
dx08 yes
dx09 yes
dx10 not too sure (dont look too bad but make him look sad)
dx12 no (vast improvement over dx01 but i much prefer the monkey robot master sculpt)

add:
DX04 yes
DX06 yes
DX10 yes/no :lol

Oh does he do that a lot?

He wants an accurate and realistic figure. He believes the PERS system is part of the reason to blame for not getting one. I also believed that until watching ClipperKings video today. Now I know its just an easy fix with black paint. If somebody *****es and complains a lot I think they have the right to. These figures cost enough. I don't think its asking too much to get one done properly.

PERS cant ruin a figure on its own. its not PERS in itself doing it, its sculpt and over all implementation as a whole.

saying PERS automatically ruins something is just plain silly

Last edited:

PERS...PURRS...PURSE.

PERS cant ruin a figure on its own. its not PERS in itself doing it, its sculpt and over all implementation.

saying PERS automatically ruins something is just plain silly

Agreed. Sculpt and implementation. Blame the artist. Not the system. However, if you get a figure that has broken PERS then I imagine that can ruin a figure on it's own. Especially if it's the only thing wrong with the figure.

I can agree with all that but why do you think most of the people in this thread are using mod heads with Robbies face plate instead of PERS DX12 heads?

I don't think this is true.

I like the PERS and think it works well. I didn't like it on either the DX01 or DX02, but then I never liked the DX01 sculpt anyway. The DX02 looked bug eyed. I don't see the problem with the DX12, nothing unrealistic or cartoony about it in my opinion.

I thought this was a forum for adults, but some of the aggressive, demeaning posts aimed at those with differing views makes me think we have a few children in our midst.

Posting this in here on behalf of The Clipperking

[ame]https://youtu.be/oUIrFKLMZoU[/ame]

if recently seen people saying that they mod this figure. What do they mod it for? better cowl. different cape???

Back