HOT TOYS : MMS DX 12 - The Dark Knight Rises - BATMAN / BRUCE WAYNE Full Specs & Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: HOT TOYS : MMS DX 12 - The Dark Knight Rises - BATMAN / BRUCE WAYNE Full Specs &

Simplest with highest impact are:

new mouthpiece
new cape
cut gloves

Re: HOT TOYS : MMS DX 12 - The Dark Knight Rises - BATMAN / BRUCE WAYNE Full Specs &

You weren't trying to explain anything, in your very first comment you ended it by saracastically laughing at him because his opinions differs to yours, you then tried to make out your opinion was more for want of a better word 'worthy' because its one shared by people on this forum like members of this forum are the authority on everything Batman/Hot Toys :cuckoo:

If you're going to display arrogance when talking to people don't expect for no one to come back at you for it :lecture

Since people will not let this go, I thought IMO that clipper king thinking the PERS made the sculpt more realistic was nuts as the IMO PERS eyes look really stupid. I guess that is just my opinion though. You are probably right maybe I went overboard and it was an arrogant thing for me to say. So if you are reading this I am sorry for what I said clipper.

I was just trying to give clipper king an explanation of why some fellow freaks do not like PERS, because he was wondering why.

Last edited:

I just wanna throw in my two cents. You claim there are a lot of people that dislike pers, but I've only seen a handful. Not starting **** with you, not calling you a liar, but I think you may have exaggerated a bit.

I am only going by what clipper king said in his video to quote what he said " I know it is sacrilegious to like the PERS system because people on freaks don't like it."

As for why people are going for mrms recast isn't because of pers, but because they feel the stock cowl isn't accurate enough, not because of pers. as for the face plate...well, I also purchased Robbie and Kai's faceplates because they are superior to the stock face plates. Again, nothing to do with pers.

I have already given my opinion on why it is the PERS system that is responsible for it being inaccurate and I will not repeat it.

Every DX thus far has benefitted from pers. it's unfortunate you don't feel that way, but your posts do contain a hint of a condescending attitude. Or maybe your hatred for pers is so great that anyone supporting it can make your posts come off a little aggressive.

No it is just my opinion but people just take it the wrong way. Obviously I do not explain it right, so I am not going to waste my time anymore debating with this BS.

But please don't let this turn into another "I hate dx12" fiasco.

For the record, I love the DX12 apart from the head sculpt! :wink1:

Last edited:

I am in agreement here with DarkAvatar, I hate PERS.
I understand the concept, and if it was truly utilized well, yes, it would have added realism.

The problem is its a gimmick that HT are using that's forced.
Several factors why for me it doesnt work.
One, many times they sacrifice eye shape for PERS so it throws off the sculpt. At 1/6 scale when you have a millimeter room for error, that's a lot.
Another big factor is that in comparison to 1:1 scale busts that looks ultrarealistic, the 1:1 uses medical grade translucent eyes that gives it a realistic look.
HT doesnt use translucent eyes, they're flat sunburst painted that looks very toyish, hence what is DA's point, it ruins mosts sculpts cause it looks like a toy.

The painting process have now progressed so much that you can apply a paint technique to mimic layers giving an illusion of translucency.
That's why I favor painted more than PERS.
The only PERS I think that was utilized well is 89 Bats. The rest, when well lit, it looks very fake cause of the way its painted. No translucency so it makes it look like the eyes are flat. Again, very toyish looking.

Now if they were utilized well, and HT doesnt force the look and sculpts the person's eyes according to its true shape, and uses translucent eyes, I'm all for it.
Here's an example of glass eyes on 1/6 that's done well.
If PERS was like this, I'm on board. but since it isnt...cant stand it.

2qurwop.jpg

:goodpost:

Finally someone that can see where I am coming from, I have nothing against non sculpted eyes as I have figures with glass eyes. Right now IMO the PERS system does not work and having plastic eyes instead of glass eyes makes the sculpt more toyish, but Hot Toys will never use glass eyes and thus, sculpted eyes will always look better on Hot Toys figures like Storm Shadow for example.

:goodpost: AND :exactly: I started a thread about this very subject and it can be found here

https://www.sideshowcollectors.com/forums/showthread.php?t=124667

Most people don't like pers for some of the reasons listed by remy and more. It can be a cool feature if done right and adds to posing options but it has never improved one sculpt and only detracts from the realism unfortunetly.

:goodpost:

:hi5:

Last edited:

Darkavatar going on about PERS again I see.

Geeze Fiend, you know I do not start this to troll. I was just saying why people on freaks do not like it, since clipper king mentioned it in his video. Then every one has to try and prove me wrong and keep going on and on about it. It looks like clipper King was wrong and it is actually the majority of people here on freaks who like the PERS system. :dunno

Geeze Fiend, you know I do not start this to troll. I was just saying why people on freaks do not like it, since clipper king mentioned it in his video. Then every one has to try and prove me wrong and keep going on and on about it. It looks like clipper King was wrong and it is actually the majority of people here on freaks who like the PERS system. :dunno

You're entitled to your opinion man. But just a little advice, I think at this point, everyone should just agree to disagree.

I mean, the way I see it, let your feelings be known, but once it traverses down a path where both sides of the argument are constantly repeating themselves, it's not gonna go anywhere.

Its better to drop this honestly.

how can you hate this head sculpt? looks just like christian bale

You're entitled to your opinion man. But just a little advice, I think at this point, everyone should just agree to disagree.

I mean, the way I see it, let your feelings be known, but once it traverses down a path where both sides of the argument are constantly repeating themselves, it's not gonna go anywhere.

Which is what I said after people try to argue with me. I said let's just agree to disagree. I am the one that wanted to end the argument. Look here.

https://www.sideshowcollectors.com/forums/showthread.php?t=112865&page=1783

Which is what I said after people try to argue with me. I said let's just agree to disagree. I am the one that wanted to end the argument. Look here.

https://www.sideshowcollectors.com/forums/showthread.php?t=112865&page=1783

Hehe you don't have to prove anything to me, I'm cool with you bud.

But this is a forum, your posts are bound to get late replies, then you'd feel compelled to respond.

Hehe you don't have to prove anything to me, I'm cool with you bud.

But this is a forum, your posts are bound to get late replies, then you'd feel compelled to respond.

I guess that makes sense, but I find it weird how people would keep bashing someone when they stop responding for several hours. Anyway I hope this stupid argument is closed and everyone can just move on. :peace

:goodpost::exactly: I don't frequent these forums much as some threads just devolve into an endless circle jerk.

I love having discussions and debating with people as much as the next bloke, but as you said. Were well passed that point now. People in this hobby(especially those that hang out at sites such as this) tend to know what they want, there's no sense arguing as your not going to change anyones minds.

:goodpost::exactly: I don't frequent these forums much as some threads just devolve into an endless circle jerk.

I love having discussions and debating with people as much as the next bloke, but as you said. Were well passed that point now. People in this hobby(especially those that hang out at sites such as this) tend to know what they want, there's no sense arguing as your not going to change anyones minds.

Why do you have to comment?

I was just explaining to them why I didn't like the PERS system and I got bashed. FFS I just showed the link to BrooklynWolf X where I was the one who wanted to stop the argument. However, that is not enough for people on here they want to argue and continue to bash people who don't agree with them. So there is no need to give me further advice, no offense. :peace

Why do you have to comment?

I was just explaining to them why I didn't like the PERS system and I got bashed. FFS I just showed the link to BrooklynWolf X where I was the one who wanted to stop the argument. So there is no need to give me further advice, no offense. :peace

Just saying. I was replying to him alone and my comment wasn't aimed at anybody. I was just expressing my general sentiments to this forum. No offense meant at all.

Just saying. I was replying to him alone and my comment wasn't aimed at anybody. I was just expressing my general sentiments to this forum. No offense meant at all.

Ah ok cool, I want to apologize then!

cheers

:duff

Back