HOT TOYS : MMS DX 12 - The Dark Knight Rises - BATMAN / BRUCE WAYNE Full Specs & Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: HOT TOYS : MMS DX 12 - The Dark Knight Rises - BATMAN / BRUCE WAYNE Full Specs &

You say that like they are buying some fabric, putting in an envelope and mailing it off. :)

Re: HOT TOYS : MMS DX 12 - The Dark Knight Rises - BATMAN / BRUCE WAYNE Full Specs &

So that will be 56 in total for one cape then for me. I don't know man, that just seems way too steep for a piece of cloth. :dunno

There usually is quite some work in things like that, one often doesn't realize that at fist.
There also is a lot of work in advance, you have to design it, find the right material and have the skills and tools.
Then there also is some work handling the shipping and so on.

But I can also recommend you this capes:

https://www.sideshowcollectors.com/forums/showthread.php?t=99670

Have two of them and I'm very happy with them.

Last edited:

I may have worded that a bit ****ty. Hey, I totally respect the people that make those things, like I said, I couldn't it. And a lot of the time it really does make the figure look way better. I just have a hard time paying that price for just a cape. I think I'm going to try and make something myself, or better yet, see how the original cape is before I decide buying a custom one ;)

I think the original cape is better than the DX02 cape and looks pretty good futzed.

I may have worded that a bit ****ty. Hey, I totally respect the people that make those things, like I said, I couldn't it. And a lot of the time it really does make the figure look way better. I just have a hard time paying that price for just a cape. I think I'm going to try and make something myself, or better yet, see how the original cape is before I decide buying a custom one ;)

That's great. Doing it yourself is always a fantastic option - you always learn a lot (like both how to do it and the fact that it really doesn't cost anywhere close to $50, like you said).

I finally got around to finishing my pictures of this very cool collectible! I am very happy and pleased with it! Hope you all like them! :wave

BATMAN - BRUCE WAYNE - DX SERIES

BATMAN%2520DX12%25202%2520014.JPG

BATMAN%2520DX12%25202%2520090.JPG

BATMAN%2520DX12%25202%2520186.JPG

BATMAN%2520DX12%25202%2520076.JPG

BATMAN%2520DX12%25202%2520034.JPG

BATMAN%2520DX12%2520490.JPG

BATMAN%2520DX12%2520571.JPG

BATMAN%2520DX12%2520587.JPG

BATMAN%2520DX12%2520417.JPG

FULL GALLERY:

https://picasaweb.google.com/VikingSpawn/BATMANBRUCEWAYNEDXSERIES#

I think the original cape is better than the DX02 cape and looks pretty good futzed.

Perhaps I'm just easily pleased, but I agree.

The cape isn't too bad right out of the box with proper attachment of the clips and a bit of futzing. I wouldn't spend money on that like I would on some Bane replacement pants, per se.

That's great. Doing it yourself is always a fantastic option - you always learn a lot (like both how to do it and the fact that it really doesn't cost anywhere close to $50, like you said).

Yup. I've resorted to making my own capes as well. Did the robes and cape for my Vader too.

I am a big fan of the dx12 straight out of the box. Its an amazing figure and on my shelf as is. The main thing you have to mess with is the cape...getting it to lay flat and drape correctly without buncing, etc. However I did pick up another to mod and customize...starting with robbie's faceplate and iforgino's cape.

As far as paypal, it depends on the item, whether it is in stock, etc. I have used paypal on my last 3 hot toys figures I purchased through SSC.

That must be the case. I would gladly use Paypal instead of a CC most times.

Obviously Paypal isn't allowed for pre-orders on SS site or Flexpay but if I buy something outright, I will use that accordingly.

OK--off topic over! :lol

It looks like the Paypal option is gone again? I didn't see it when trying to check out for an in-stock (no wait) item. I checked the faq, and it specifically says Paypal isn't accepted.

Yup. I've resorted to making my own capes as well. Did the robes and cape for my Vader too.

Did you use a template for the dx12 or did you just wing it?

Oh and as for that dx02 mouthpiece, I cant find it at the moment. Once I do, i'll send you a message!

This figure has been out for quite awhile now and I have a question for those who are using the DX02 boots on the DX12, has there been any bad chemical reactions yet?

Nice. It's the kind of skill that, once you try it, you see becomes more and more applicable to other situations (like your Vader, for instance). And then it becomes easier to learn other, related skills (like doing other, more complicated bits of clothing).

Did you use a template for the dx12 or did you just wing it?

Oh and as for that dx02 mouthpiece, I cant find it at the moment. Once I do, i'll send you a message!

For Vader I used the stock cape and robe as a template but added some needed length to it. For Batman I drew up my own template. Once you make your template you can cut cape out in no time.

I have one of these and I love it.

https://www.google.com/shopping/product/2670354207031280603?q=fabric%20cutter&rls=com.microsoft:en-us:IE-SearchBox&rlz=1I7ADFA_enUS442&bav=on.2,or.r_qf.&bvm=bv.45645796,d.dmQ&biw=1024&bih=590&wrapid=tlif136678343927810&sa=X&ei=0XV3UcSqPOnI0gHAmoGgCA&ved=0CHwQ8wIwAw

I was wondering what happened with the mouth piece. :lol Thanks for the update.

Back