HOT TOYS : MMS DX 12 - The Dark Knight Rises - BATMAN / BRUCE WAYNE Full Specs & Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: HOT TOYS : MMS DX 12 - The Dark Knight Rises - BATMAN / BRUCE WAYNE Full Specs &

What mods did you apply to your head? Looks spot on to me.

And does anyone know if popcultha still carries this? I can't find it on their site.

Chopped up the Wayne head for the eyes and put those in.

B8HkV.gif

I was gonna tell you that that one fits very awkward and doesnt fit as good as robbiethepainter's. also the paint job kinda sucks. My friend owned both and he ended up discarding that one. :panic:

Bummer.

I hadn't bought yet anyway. :lol Intended to though. Looks like it could be sanded though.

Re: HOT TOYS : MMS DX 12 - The Dark Knight Rises - BATMAN / BRUCE WAYNE Full Specs &

:lol Now that I really look at the one pic of Batman on the far left looks terrible. The mouth isn't even in all the way. Do people even try to make this stuff look good before they list this stuff.

Its the same mouth from the BW sculpt. Good, dont buy that if you havent. :lol

Seems like my mouthpieces seem to jut out a little bit towards the top. Do any of you guys sand yours down to fit inside more?

Seems like my mouthpieces seem to jut out a little bit towards the top. Do any of you guys sand yours down to fit inside more?

Yup. I have and many others as well.

Hey fiend, what cape is that? And did you do the eyes yourself?

That was one of the first ones I made. I ended up ruining afterwards though so I had to chuck it. I got to get to the fabric store some time next week. And yeah, I did all the mods myself.

1.7 million views for this thread.....you guys are some serious Batman Freaks...oh wait...

That was one of the first ones I made. I ended up ruining afterwards though so I had to chuck it. I got to get to the fabric store some time next week. And yeah, I did all the mods myself.

Would you be willing to do the head mod for me and if so, would you charge for it?

Also, does the cape come up in the front or is it flush to the ground all the way around?

Thanks for the info! I'll definitely have to try sanding it sometime... any chance you can take a pic of the back of your faceplate? I want to know just how much sanding I should expect. Are all three faceplates sanded the same way?

Would you be willing to do the head mod for me and if so, would you charge for it?

Also, does the cape come up in the front or is it flush to the ground all the way around?

The cape comes up in the front. It was my take on one of the capes I saw around here. Can't remember who did it. That one was a bit rough anyway. I've gotten better since then.

As far as the mod, sorry but I don't take commissions. I've actually been asked before but I declined those too. These things are expensive and I'd feel awful if I messed it up not to mention in debt to you. Besides that, it's nothing I relished doing. :lol I really do not want to take that DX12 PERS out ever again if I don't have to. I've taken a few PERS out before but this one is by far the most difficult. Sorry, bud.

The cape comes up in the front. It was my take on one of the capes I saw around here. Can't remember who did it. That one was a bit rough anyway. I've gotten better since then.

As far as the mod, sorry but I don't take commissions. I've actually been asked before but I declined those too. These things are expensive and I'd feel awful if I messed it up not to mention in debt to you. Besides that, it's nothing I relished doing. :lol I really do not want to take that DX12 PERS out ever again if I don't have to. I've taken a few PERS out before but this one is by far the most difficult. Sorry, bud.

No problem. Those are the same reasons I didnt want to do it lol. Did you follow maglor's mod page for the eyes?

Thanks for the info! I'll definitely have to try sanding it sometime... any chance you can take a pic of the back of your faceplate? I want to know just how much sanding I should expect. Are all three faceplates sanded the same way?

I'll try to do it later but I gotta be honest with you I don't really think you'll be able to tell very much. It just looks like the back or yours but with a little ring in the middle from where the pegs once was. Basically I sanded the peg completely off. Once that's done you just sand a little, pop it in the cowl, sand a little, pop it in the cowl over and over until you get the desired depth. :wave

Without the peg, does it still fit in securely? I'd still appreciate those pictures though! I've never had to mod a figure before... and it worries me haha.

No problem. Those are the same reasons I didnt want to do it lol. Did you follow maglor's mod page for the eyes?

Actually someone who had done the same mod posted some pics in the mod thread of what it looked like. I think it was R3ddlite? Or something like that. It's a tedious task. The area with the eyes is shaved down quite small. It's like how you do the sanded mouth, you shave a little, stick it in the cowl, shave a little, stick it in the cowl until it looks right.

Anyone know if this this still up popcultha?

Or any other website besides BBTS? Still trying to score this figure.

Back