Hot Toys MMS DX; your thoughts?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
it's perfectly fine if someone wants to voice out his dissaproval.
I agree. Keep up the good work.
i love it when a company piss on its customers by releasing a better toy every six months without prior notice, and then someone has the ball to say we should just shut up and take it in our collective butt.

with hi-tech toys, it's a given that an improvement is always down the line. everyone knows that. cars, plasma, cellphone, same thing. nobody needs to tell you that they will make a better version in 6 months because you know it will happen anyway. but this is a toy. you dont know if they're going to make a better version 6 months down the line, UNLESS the company divulge that information to us. hottoys never gave us that option.
Hot Toys double dipping sucks, just as much as their non disclosure of information on their own product.

Hot Toys double dipping sucks, just as much as their non disclosure of information on their own product.

Yet with questionable practices they still sell out :rotfl

I understand it is a business and I do not have to like their methods but I do like the idea of a deluxe line.

I am hoping for a Gladiator (General / Gladiator), Rambo IV (Boat / Home), Terminator w Arnold (Damage / Non-damage), Iron Monger (IM needs a bad guy) to name a few.

Yeah, I can definitely see this being an amazing new step - when I checked HT's site and saw that his flippin' EYES were moveable, and translucent, I was pretty wowed - a lot of this stuff I just dreamed of as a kid, and now it's actually coming to fruition which is why I'm in the collector's community in the first place.

& and Arnold as Terminator figure overhaul would be nice. Despite being a huge fan of TDK, I actually haven't invested in any Joker figures in the 1/6 scale as of yet - I actually assumed they would re-release the "classic suit" with "bank robber" head sculpt, but of course they scramble my brains when they add the moving eye-balls!!!:google

You know what I could see hitting us? An ALIEN/ALIENS WARRIOR MMS DX - just switch the limbs out and you've got an army-builder or the original "Big Chap" - or mix and match!! THAT's why they're delaying previews of their ALIEN figure... SO MUCH WORK TO BE DONE! $!*:banana

Yet with questionable practices they still sell out :rotfl
That's true, but I'm pleased to see that more people are finding it annoying and speaking up about it. In the current economic climate I hope their pre-orders drop significantly and they revise their 'business' skulduggery. :D

As long as people keep acclaiming them to be the best they are just not going to change, just in the same way their wrist pegs and various other parts keep breaking and they still haven't done anything about it. At least Enterbay is on the scene to take my hard earned dollars, and I give it willingly.

Oh look cr' is back to flame and tell someone to get off their high horse. What a surprise!

i'm consistent. never like high horses. much prefer mule myself.

Wow, that's crazy. So, a representative from Hot Toys actually came to your house and put a gun to your head forcing you to buy their products. You should report them to the police. That's just insane:rolleyes:

tell that to those who already bought their v1 joker. nobody needs to stick a gun to their heads to make them sell the toy now.

Holy macorel, I think i've in some way come across most of your 99 posts here and I really can't remember even one of them reflecting anything remotely positive.

Its always refreshing to have a newb perspective here. Rock on brutha. :rolleyes:

what's with you 'oldies' calling us 'newb' whenever you disgaree with what was said? this is not the first time. does hanging around here longer automatically make you smarter? is your wee-wee getting longer the higher your post counts? hmm...

i know we're on the same page. if you want to double dip, at least disclose your plan in advance, so we'd know if we want to wait or go for the current version. sneaky business practice is never cool.

what's with you 'oldies' calling us 'newb' whenever you disgaree with what was said? this is not the first time. does hanging around here longer automatically make you smarter? is your wee-wee getting longer the higher your post counts? hmm......

but this is a toy. you dont know if they're going to make a better version 6 months down the line, UNLESS the company divulge that information to us. hottoys never gave us that option.

This is a toy. And here's the unwritten rule of the Toy Industry - excluding companies like Sideshow who will never revisit a character: If a character sells like hot cakes you make more of that character. Bottom line is that these are really expensive toys that big kids like us who have salaries instead of allowances buy up. I remember buying Star Wars figures with my measly allowance as a kid. Then the same character would be released again, even sometimes in the same get-up, just improved. I personally like the chance to rebuy a character in an improved form, especially if it's a much beloved character. Somewhere along the line, some body decided to cater to our whole 'collecting' nature - give toys set editions, never remake anything, market it beyond a toy - something I disagree with. Leave that to PFs, statues and other things.

Sideshow is playing to the 'collecting' side of our hearts where there is limited editions, refusals to revisit, ect. And Hot Toys is playing to the other side that wants to see better toys made that blow us away where there is innovation, open mindedness - they make more money and don't worry about 'backlash' of a collectors community, and where they don't give a hoot about edition sizes. These are insanely well made 1/6 toys in the end.

what's with you 'oldies' calling us 'newb' whenever you disgaree with what was said? this is not the first time. does hanging around here longer automatically make you smarter? is your wee-wee getting longer the higher your post counts? hmm...

I think it is more that you come across as a hard-on, especially so for someone just joining a community. But, of course you can be as unpleasant as you want to... and we have more than enough who will be unpleasant back.

Unfortunately in the end it doesn't make for a very fun place to visit.

I think it is more that you come across as a hard-on, especially so for someone just joining a community. But, of course you can be as unpleasant as you want to... and we have more than enough who will be unpleasant back.

I will "DITTO" that.

what's with you 'oldies' calling us 'newb' whenever you disgaree with what was said? this is not the first time. does hanging around here longer automatically make you smarter? is your wee-wee getting longer the higher your post counts? hmm......

I will "DITTO" that.

Look whose standing there in their Bodie Boy stance. :lol

He does have a point, but I think there is room for people with differing and or strong opinions.

A high post count, or being an oldie, would allow one to assume a member has built up some tolerance to having to attack newbies en masse.

I, too am at fault and, sometimes can't resist defending or attacking when I see someone being singled out. I should know better than to get involved in a discussion on this board about anything other than collectibles.

Collectibles not toys dammit. :lol And as collectibles they should be treated in a proper manner. Some toy company comes in and starts decimating that ideal and it's the beginning of the end.

Collectibles not toys dammit. :lol And as collectibles they should be treated in a proper manner. Some toy company comes in and starts decimating that ideal and it's the beginning of the end.

They are collectible toys:gun

But honestly, when you see wookster post new specs with hot toys proto pics and in the description it says collectible, I would take that with a grain of salt. They are not sideshow who sets edition sizes or refuses to remake stuff. Sideshow takes the definition of collectible to a different place when applying it with 1/6 toys. Hot Toys is just in it for making toys you can collect by buying them up. That's all collectible means to them:monkey1

that's it. i'm ebaying all my hot toys figure while they still hold some value. :lol

Thank heaven Im not a Joker fan, Id be steamed.
Rambo on the other hand....
I might be screwed.:eek:

Back