Hot Toys - MMS - Episode VII - Snowtrooper & Officer

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys - MMS - Episode VII - Snowtrooper Officer

Her lightsaber staff that is :lol :lecture :lol

2942yqb.jpg

No desire to own Finn or Rey at this time.

I'm with you there. I have a feeling as they grow as characters over the next two films their looks will evolve as well and they're going to look much cooler by Episode IX. I feel comfortable with buying Stormies, Kylo Ren, and Phasma. I feel like their designs are going to remain consistent, Disney probably wants them to become as iconic as the OT baddies.

I actually really like the designs on all the Troopers so far. I've never been big on the Troopers in terms of collecting, mainly because these things all add up so quickly and, as we can see, they're just so bountiful in terms of what you need if you want them all. I'm also more of a Light Side guy, so unlike others, I'm a Day 1 Rey PO, as well as old Han and Co. :lol

I've already ordered the two pack of First Order Stormtroopers, and I THINK that's all I need. I'll get Phamsa as well, but I think it'll break me if I go for everything. I'd love to go for everything, but I'm spread thin elsewhere too. I won't say never, but right now it's unlikely. But I really like this Snowtrooper design, and I like the helmet design also. I wouldn't be against the suggested one on the previous page, had that been what they did, but I like that they went in a different direction with a bit of an Inuit style in the eye protector.

Also, the Flametrooper looks different than these guys, as he's a mix of Snow and Stormtrooper. He has the visor (with some adjustments) of the Snowtrooper, but he doesn't seem to have the same padded outfit. He's more Stormtrooper in the body. I'm not sure I'll go this route...I can't see myself needing an entire shelf of Troopers! :lol There's too much original trilogy stuff I still need, on top of things coming from TFA that they've yet to reveal.

That said, it's quite exciting seeing all this new Star Wars stuff go up! I'm just hoping for a Rey reveal in the near future, but I do think we'll end up with the Flametrooper and Phasma before that happens.

You know, I'm quite confident, that with as much hate as Hayden C. get as Anakin from the PT, if he pops up in a flashback or force-ghost, it'll get a pretty big cheer in theaters :lol

It will.

Considering how narrow that eye opening is, this could be interpreted as the trooper reaching around like a blind man :rotfl

12027086_10153069680267344_3094230313821613909_o.jpg

Is it me or are these helmets looking a bit like the ones from Star Wars :Rebels?
The helmets the cadet troopers wear?

Is it me or are these helmets looking a bit like the ones from Star Wars :Rebels?

Not just you.

17465088431_4c1882f890_c.jpg

McQuarrie Snow Trooper concept art:

Review_McQuarrieConceptSnowtrooper_still.jpg

An aside... If the helmets have VR HUD, then how do the binoculars work?

Everyone knows the design of the visor is based on Inuit snow goggles, right?

Antique-Inuit-Snow-Goggles-with-Bone-Inlay.jpg

Last edited:
Re: Hot Toys - MMS - Episode VII - Snowtroopers Set

I really like the design of these guys... all except for that impractical eye slit. Why couldn't they have just made it resemble the modified eyes of a FO Stormtrooper like this..........

I do like that mod, but it makes the helmet look a little more friendly, and less intimidating imo.

I am diggin this new design at first glance though, ngl. :monkey1

Last edited:
re: Hot Toys - MMS - Episode VII - Snowtrooper & Officer

These look great, DO wish there was a weathered option.

Re: Hot Toys - MMS - Episode VII - Snowtroopers Set

These look pretty damn good to me. Wait, am I supposed to act shocked and troll because I suddenly realized this wasn't an OT offering? :lol

I actually really like the designs on all the Troopers so far. I've never been big on the Troopers in terms of collecting, mainly because these things all add up so quickly and, as we can see, they're just so bountiful in terms of what you need if you want them all. I'm also more of a Light Side guy, so unlike others, I'm a Day 1 Rey PO, as well as old Han and Co. :lol

I've already ordered the two pack of First Order Stormtroopers, and I THINK that's all I need. I'll get Phamsa as well, but I think it'll break me if I go for everything. I'd love to go for everything, but I'm spread thin elsewhere too. I won't say never, but right now it's unlikely. But I really like this Snowtrooper design, and I like the helmet design also. I wouldn't be against the suggested one on the previous page, had that been what they did, but I like that they went in a different direction with a bit of an Inuit style in the eye protector.

Also, the Flametrooper looks different than these guys, as he's a mix of Snow and Stormtrooper. He has the visor (with some adjustments) of the Snowtrooper, but he doesn't seem to have the same padded outfit. He's more Stormtrooper in the body. I'm not sure I'll go this route...I can't see myself needing an entire shelf of Troopers! :lol There's too much original trilogy stuff I still need, on top of things coming from TFA that they've yet to reveal.

That said, it's quite exciting seeing all this new Star Wars stuff go up! I'm just hoping for a Rey reveal in the near future, but I do think we'll end up with the Flametrooper and Phasma before that happens.

I think we will see the main heroes once the film hits due to accessories maybe giving too much away. Perhaps Phasma has not been revealed as she may have her head included for example. All I know is as an avid Star Wars fan, all these figures are making it hard to find the finances. I haven't pre ordered the Sandtrooper, Luke or Leia as yet and I didn't preorder the Han/Chewbacca pair and I really want those. I have 5 figures on pre-order and will need to add this guy for certain. I really love the design of this trooper.

Anyone else feel that three threads is two threads too many for these figures?

I think your kinda a curmudgeon and need to go get yourself a happy meal.

I think we will see the main heroes once the film hits due to accessories maybe giving too much away. Perhaps Phasma has not been revealed as she may have her head included for example. All I know is as an avid Star Wars fan, all these figures are making it hard to find the finances. I haven't pre ordered the Sandtrooper, Luke or Leia as yet and I didn't preorder the Han/Chewbacca pair and I really want those. I have 5 figures on pre-order and will need to add this guy for certain. I really love the design of this trooper.

The worse part of this "new" material is, I'm liking what I see and it feels like a blitz to get it all out, but we may truly be looking at only the tip of the merchandising iceberg. I'm almost hoping I loathe the new movie if for any other reason, just to kill the completist in me.

Back