Hot Toys - MMS125 Terminator 2: Judgment Day: 1/6 Scale T-1000 as Sarah Connor

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Interesting... That's exactly the same as reshaping plastic, using hot water to bend then cool water to hold... Gotta give that a try, thanks!

Great attempt already and exactly what I envision you could achieve. This can only get better.
:borg:

Here's an update of my Sarah. I finally went ahead and cut the bangs off after seeing others' mods here which looks a lot more accurate that way. I also attempted to curl the hair, though they don't seem to want to hold, might have to find a better method. And I know some of these shots are of out of focus, still trying to figure out how to focus while taking photos in the dark... Anyway, here goes:

sarah01b.jpg

This one looks great Theokan. I'm hoping to get this look eventually.

Here are a few more of mine. Still have not roughed the hair up as much as I will eventually. Still looking at what product to use that will hold it in place.
Sarah001.jpg

Sarah002.jpg

Sarah004.jpg

Sarah003.jpg

^^Didnt someone post a custom young John around here somewhere? Not this particular thread but I recall seeing one. Maybe it was another forum. Im a member of so many, sometimes I forget which one Im on. :lol

Someone did, I saved the pictures. Not my custom.

DIYT2006.jpg

DIYT2019.jpg

DIYT2020.jpg

DIYT2018.jpg

Here's an update of my Sarah. I finally went ahead and cut the bangs off after seeing others' mods here which looks a lot more accurate that way. I also attempted to curl the hair, though they don't seem to want to hold, might have to find a better method.

sarah01b.jpg

Thats definitely on the right track. I would just flatten it, its too puffy on the sides. Not that I can talk, I've done nothing to mine, but just my 2cents anyway.

If going for the steel mill look, flat to the head is the way to go, it was supposed to be sweaty, so it's thinner and flatter to her head.

thanks guys. Ya I think the hair I have it right now is definitely too puffy, kinda like an 80s rock star look :monkey1 Gonna try using the hot water method and also flattening it down a little next. By the way, if anyone is not sure what to use, try this, it's what I'm using on Sarah to get the messy look:

shrink.jpg

just make sure to use very little at a time so it doesn't get too sticky.

It'll be funny browsing the hair-gel section of the supermarket again for an action figure. I've had my head shaved the past 3 years.

just got her and it amazes me how much better it looks in hand. i honestly didn't think i'd like it. i musta got lucky because the hair looks great right from box, tho i'll still futz. gotta say the hair is the most "in scale" hair i've ever seen, and i've got quite a few fem figs. this stuff is fiiiine. much thinner than i've seen. this is my 1st female HT and i have some questions about the body if i may.

1. i have heard negative things about the arms but not about what exactly. i see no hint of bicep rotation but wouldn't expect much w/ this skin covering. the elbows are as expected. oh i'm seriously impressed w/ the shoulder ROM! so watup w/ bad arm?

2. the legs can bend forward at the knee like a chicken lol. can bend forward about as much as back! that normal? what do i need to watch out for? think i read about someone's legs, or maybe arms breaking.

3. if i ditched these stock HT boots (biggest gripe w/ HT. all this detail and molded boots?!), and get normal HT fem feet and pegs, can the ankles bend sideways for deep stance poses? and does anyone make any "leather" laced combat boots that are female scale? boots that'd allow ankle artic. i made this change on HT Dutch and it made a world of diff

4. i think i heard something about a new HT bod coming soon. that true? an links to info'd be appreciated. thanks

Last edited:
Making the hair look natural and scene acurate is just as important part of the realistic look. To think of it the one that I am trying to do does not looke realistic yet either and ppl have more or less success with the fuzzing of the hiar as well resulting in realistic or barbie looking pictures. Have you even looked at all the pictures posted?
:borg:

I have, and they are great pictures. All I meant was that I don't understand why the negative comments concerning people wanting to make the hair look as natural/realistic as possible--it's not a big deal to me and I understand why it's done. I do the same with the fem figs I have that have rooted hair... :dunno

Back