Hot Toys - MMS130 - Predators: Berserker Predator (Full Spec & Pics)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Alright, frankly who are you to tell them what to charge regarding their product? I mean there's like two people on here that can do nothing but whine and complain. The simple fact is you guys lied to yourselves. You talked yourselves into believing something when the producer said no such thing. Whether it was a combination of prototype pics along with the whole Predators idea of larger nastier preds, I don't know.

The price is high but fair. If you don't like it, go buy the other 1/6 predator on the market...oh yeah, there isn't one! The newly designed bodies are more than worth the increase in price. Think about it. When HT redesigned the human muscle body there wasn't an increase. You know why? Because they can use that body on multiple figures. The new pred body only works for preds. :dunno

You make good points like that last one about this body not having the same reuseability as a human muscle body and thus HT probably wants to make as much money on it here as they can. However don't resort to labelling people here as nothing but whiners and complainers unless you have evidence to back that up. I guarantee you that for every complaining post people have made here theres at least one post in another thread praising Hot Toys for their work on another figure. If any one of us really had nothing positive to say about this stuff we wouldn't be here. At the moment this is the one and only upcoming figure from Hot Toys that I have complaints about.

If you're getting tired of the repetition just say that. It'd be fair enough.

Look. I'm not tryin to bust your chops. Its just a fact that Hot Toys said this pred would be 14 inches. Its a fact and by all the pics I've seen, thats about what we have. I think everybody got hyped from the comparison proto pic in conjunction with the toy fair pic that has him standing on an elevated base. All of a sudden people are like, "oh he's like 15 or 16 inches ..." The simple fact is Hot Toys never advertised him at that size heck, even the prototype pic isn't even close to that size. I think I kinda did it too. But go back and matter-of-factly look at what Hot Toys provided.

I mean this is an awesome figure. Its not perfect but more than close enough for me.

Read the small print. What does it say?:gah:

Ok, let's use that promo pic:

1. The ad says "prototype shown, final product may be slightly different". Now look at the final product. You're not stupid. The height difference ISN'T slight. That's another false advertising right there. Now, do you have any promo pic that says 14"? P1 is at 14":

https://hottoys.com.hk/index.php?target=products&product_id=414

Now LOOK at the Berserker Pred again and tell me truthfully if you believe that Berserker is 14" in that ad. Next, look at all the pictures of the protos shown in the conventions. Do the protos look 14" to you?

Its just a fact that Hot Toys said this pred would be 14 inches. Its a fact and by all the pics I've seen, thats about what we have.

Still holding on to this fallacy?

2. They put in "Realistic and Accurate 1/6th Scale" with this ad that clearly shows the significant height difference. This evidences that they're going for character/moviverse accuracy. They didn't give us this. Again, false advertising.

Also: "Alright, frankly who are you to tell them what to charge regarding their product?"

When a company lies to you, as a consumer, you have a right to complain. You see, they set the price based on what they've shown. Many people agreed and preordered. Upon release, they found out that the product they got was NOT what was promised to them. If you see nothing wrong with that, then you have a problem. If that's your way of thinking and you own a business, would you mind telling me your business' name? I'll be sure to avoid doing business with you.

Many of your reasonings are flawed and your labeling people here isn't helping your case.

Last edited:
I feel HT did the old bait and switch, I understand the prototype can and will be different, but that usually means color or something, but being a whole head shorter, less articulation than previous preds, dreds are shorter and the overall size is just smaller, WTF. I think there should be a price adjustment, we all want this figure, we don't want to be deceived. And as for the designing a new body and charging more for it, that never happened with Leonidas and I have not seen any other figures with that body! HT knows we will buy it no matter what, just like the T-1 Arnold T-800, I don't feel it is better than the T-2 version but they charged more money because they know we wanted it and I think that is total BS.

I feel HT did the old bait and switch, I understand the prototype can and will be different, but that usually means color or something, but being a whole head shorter, less articulation than previous preds, dreds are shorter and the overall size is just smaller, WTF. I think there should be a price adjustment, we all want this figure, we don't want to be deceived. And as for the designing a new body and charging more for it, that never happened with Leonidas and I have not seen any other figures with that body! HT knows we will buy it no matter what, just like the T-1 Arnold T-800, I don't feel it is better than the T-2 version but they charged more money because they know we wanted it and I think that is total BS.

:goodpost::exactly:

Or how about Hellboy, Big Chap and Predalien? Those are other good examples of one-off bodies. Heck, Berserker's body isn't even one-off. They're going to use it for Falconer, and I wouldn't be surprised if they use it for Tracker.

The difference between the finished product and the prototype is like a half inch maybe a little more. The actual final size is still comparable to the other preds from previous lines and its right around 14 inches.(At least compared to the P2 elder and P2, which are right around 14 inches)
As to the accurate 1/6 scale compared to the movie. Well the preds aren't nearly as tall as the story portrays them to be. Royce is only 6 feet. Berserker isn't 2 feet taller than him like he's supposed to be. So what HT gave us versus what the studio gave us is kind tricky.
Lastly when it comes to price, hey they're the only game in town. If they were intentionally deceptive, its not right, its not fair, but what is? They're gonna work the system to their benefit. If we aren't careful we'll get caught. Thats free market. Buyer beware and all that jazz.

lets just hope that at least hot toys do something to calm everyone down

Good luck. They did nothing with Dx 02 leak problem, I doubt anything transpires with this either. Buyer beware...

Well.....except to release The Falconer Predator at the same scale with the same reaction. :lol

:goodpost::exactly:

Or how about Hellboy, Big Chap and Predalien? Those are other good examples of one-off bodies. Heck, Berserker's body isn't even one-off. They're going to use it for Falconer, and I wouldn't be surprised if they use it for Tracker.

The chap was probably a modified alien body from a different series. The hellboy was the same as an other rubber muscle body, just a different color. And the predalien costed more. Right around $200 I think.

The chap was probably a modified alien body from a different series. The hellboy was the same as an other rubber muscle body, just a different color. And the predalien costed more. Right around $200 I think.

Probably being an operative word. HB's rubber body is different not just in color. Predalien went for an average of $180 when it came out. It's actually anywhere between $165-$200. What's the Predalien's biggest selling point? Its height. Same is (EDIT: was) true with Berserker.

What the ___k! The laptop I was using just died - microsoft security essentials came up with a threat detected message shortly after I tried to visit Iampochs HotToys website link and it went to a blue screen with-

STOP: (set of numbers) Unknown Hard Error Unknown Hard error

Then no keys were responsive so I manually shut it off and when I try to turn it back on it won't go past a black screen with a flashing "-" in the top corner. again no keys responsive.

I'm now on my brothers old laptop with its dodgy keys where I have to copy and paste the letter 'a'!

What the hell is going on with the Hot Toys homepage???

What the ___k! The laptop I was using just died - microsoft security essentials came up with a threat detected message shortly after I tried to visit Iampochs HotToys website link and it went to a blue screen with-

STOP: (set of numbers) Unknown Hard Error Unknown Hard error

Then no keys were responsive so I manually shut it off and when I try to turn it back on it won't go past a black screen with a flashing "-" in the top corner. again no keys responsive.

I'm now on my brothers old laptop with its dodgy keys where I have to copy and paste the letter 'a'!

What the hell is going on with the Hot Toys homepage???

Oh man :( HT's site is working for me :( now I'm wondering whether its' because by browser's security isn't working or my laptop's already infiltrated and the worm is now doing wonky things with my security :(

Do not go to Hottoys web, they has some kind of virus for atlease a few weeks now. :slap

Oh man :( HT's site is working for me :( now I'm wondering whether its' because by browser's security isn't working or my laptop's already infiltrated and the worm is now doing wonky things with my security :(

you see what you get for complaining lol hot toys revenge!!!

What the hell do I do? Thats my girlfriends laptop!

When I went to the link it ultimately didn't load but during the attempt some java loading message came up. I thought nothing of it and just closed the page. I'm sure I then went back to browsing SSF for a while. Then Microsoft security essentials popped up, I think it said 2 threats detected but I didn't get to read it properly before I got the bluescreen of death.

you see what you get for complaining lol hot toys revenge!!!

:rotfl:rotfl:rotfl

:gah:

I wouldn't be surprised if they hack my mind next :gah:

Hot....Toys....is....honest....No!!!....must...resist...my...new...overlords...

@ a-dev:

laptop still doesn't want to turn on?

You'll need to fix your Windows' installation. You get the error because your registry got corrupted. You'll need the copy of the Windows installation disk for that. DON'T REFORMAT. Or not just yet, anyway.

Last edited:
Having had a manufacturing business myself I can tell this...in no way the shorter height was and accident/miscalculation on HT's part. Only an inexperienced amateur can make such a mistake, not a well established business. The reason for the height decrease cannot be to preserve plastic/money. Like damagecase pointed out that one of the reasons they charge premium is most likely that the body is Berserker exclusive. We can bring more logical reasons but the point is that there's nothing that HT didn't foresee from the beginning. Having a false advertisement is just plain dirty tactics.

Back