Hot Toys - MMS136 - The Terminator: 1/6th scale T800 Collectible Figure (T1)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
looks a bit like holt mccallany in some shots

11442.gif

You mean that guy's bottom half of his face is a bit like Arnie's. So lets say it looks like him and not Arnie, to take a bit more shine off this figure.

I think the figure looks fantastic. Now that HT has finally nailed Arnies likeness, I'm excited to see what they can do with BD variants.

Here's why I think Hot Toys have made a good choice in leaving out the BD Terminators for a later date.

When they come out they can come with varying degrees on Battle Damage, so you can get the I'll be back look and the Get Out look.

Same goes for T2 you can have the Cyberdyne look and the steel mill look. Two releases of the same characters leaves more options of how to display him at a later date

It wouldn't be a reproduction because HT never had Arnies' rights.

There will be a Police Shootout T 800 w light up eye. A new likeness sculpt means a new figure. If anyone thinks HT won't make this, they should GET OUT. :lol

There will be a Police Shootout T 800 w light up eye. A new likeness sculpt means a new figure. If anyone thinks HT won't make this, they should GET OUT. :lol

:lecture Paul tells it likes it is.

:lecture Paul tells it likes it is.

Like a rolling Semi bursting into a sea of flames. :lol

Again, if ANYONE thinks HT won't make the most Iconic 80s figure of all time, well...

Let's ask Dr Silberman...

"In technical terminology: he's a loon. "

Last edited:

Lots of people just don't seem to understand this logic.

Instead it's "WHY DOESN'T THIS TECH NOIR FIGURE COME WITH SUNGLASSES AND LEATHER JACKETSSSS?", "THEY WON'T MAKE ANOTHER ONE, THAT'S NOT HOT TOYS' MO."

Here's why I think Hot Toys have made a good choice in leaving out the BD Terminators for a later date.

When they come out they can come with varying degrees on Battle Damage, so you can get the I'll be back look and the Get Out look.

Same goes for T2 you can have the Cyberdyne look and the steel mill look. Two releases of the same characters leaves more options of how to display him at a later date

Agreed mate. Im SkemeKOS from youtube btw.
Its obvious that Hot Toys will be bringing us a Police Shoot-out version somewhere down the line.
If they included it with this figure, then this figure wouldve probably cost us a bit more, and a lot of us wouldve ended up buying 2 or more just to have all the looks possible....Its just cheaper this way in my opinion.

Lots of people just don't seem to understand this logic.

Instead it's "WHY DOESN'T THIS TECH NOIR FIGURE COME WITH SUNGLASSES AND LEATHER JACKETSSSS?", "THEY WON'T MAKE ANOTHER ONE, THAT'S NOT HOT TOYS' MO."

Yeah, its annoying that most people say that...dont they realise that this is the TECH-NOIR version.
It covers basically everything leading up to the Police station shoot-out...which will be coming eventually no doubt.

Like a rolling Semi bursting into a sea of flames. :lol

Again, if ANYONE thinks HT won't make the most Iconic 80s figure of all time, well...

Let's ask Dr Silberman...

"In technical terminology: he's a loon. "

LOL Exactly!

Until we see pics of it, or a BD T-800 from T2 is released, I'm 50/50 skeptical, when the T2 line started, especially with the minimal accessories the first T-800 came with, I would have expected 1-2 more T-800s from that movie because it's Arnie and would do well, but that hasn't happened yet. While T1 is the iconic film to start it all, you just never know what the hell HT's thinking with their choices sometimes. It'd suck but it wouldn't shock me if this Tech Noir and maybe an Endoskeleton were all we got from T1. They're quite unpredictable, some things you'd think are no brainers, they don't do for some reason we'll never know or understand.

I do hope we get all of the figures I mentioned though, I really want them, and a proper '84 Reese.

Yeah, you're right.

That would be really foolish of them if they never made the police shoot out T-800. It seems like a sure thing, in our mind, but they've done weird things in the past.

Until we see pics of it, or a BD T-800 from T2 is released, I'm 50/50 skeptical, when the T2 line started, especially with the minimal accessories the first T-800 came with, I would have expected 1-2 more T-800s from that movie because it's Arnie and would do well, but that hasn't happened yet. While T1 is the iconic film to start it all, you just never know what the hell HT's thinking with their choices sometimes. It'd suck but it wouldn't shock me if this Tech Noir and maybe an Endoskeleton were all we got from T1. They're quite unpredictable, some things you'd think are no brainers, they don't do for some reason we'll never know or understand.

I do hope we get all of the figures I mentioned though, I really want them, and a proper '84 Reese.

I think HT's has given plenty of obvious hints that they in fact will be giving us BD version of both T1 and T2. In both cases they give a little extra but an extra that isn't from the latter part of the film. T2 comes with enough stuff that takes you to Dysons home. T1 takes you all the way up to him back in his hotel room. The next release (for each film) will wrap it all up.

There is no indication of Reese happening but I have no doubts.

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="https://www.youtube.com/v/suaUVNLOT3M?fs=1&hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="https://www.youtube.com/v/suaUVNLOT3M?fs=1&hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

Awesome!:D ..this fig is growing on me big time..i may have to get this one:)

Back