Hot Toys - MMS143 - Spider-Man 3 official specs and pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
They are not laughing now Robbie. They are not laughing one bit.

This is always the case, people sometimes forget that hot toys can improve a figure between the time of the proto and final product, however i don't see this as a reason for pre-ordering straight away as it could have very easily gone the other way.
I never po'd Thor because i was hoping the final product would impress me more then the proto did, which to me looked fairly "meh" ..i'm glad i never po'd him because i don't really like what we got, same goes for Ghostrider, but i do like that bike!:D

What I don't get is if people are really fans of the character (or film,) why even consider passing if the figure isn't 100% perfect? Even on an off day, Hot Toys still delivers a high-quality product. If you love the character, or the films/comics that inspired it, why be so picky and pass on a still-solid representation?

Or are those people just toy-collectors and not really fans of the material? I admit, I'm both and take quality and subject into consideration, but in the case of Spiderman and Thor, I'd buy them even if they did look like the prototype.

People were saying " I dont know.... the spider is wrong.... the webbing is too silvery.... he has plastic boots....."

"WRONG!!!! HT makes magic!!!!" I cried. "We All MUST PRE-ORDER!!!!!" I exclaimed.

You preached the word buddy, now they pay for their mistakes!!!

What I don't get is if people are really fans of the character (or film,) why even consider passing if the figure isn't 100% perfect? Even on an off day, Hot Toys still delivers a high-quality product. If you love the character, or the films/comics that inspired it, why be so picky and pass on a still-solid representation?

Or are those people just toy-collectors and not really fans of the material? I admit, I'm both and take quality and subject into consideration, but in the case of Spiderman and Thor, I'd buy them even if they did look like the prototype.

I see your point. But like someone else said, if the community didn't point out flaws the company wouldn't strive to reach a better standard. I think the consumer has a fair reason to voice displeasure if something very obvious is very off when considering the cost of these high end collectibles opposed to the Spidey toys you may find at Walmart.

I agree I'd let some things slide if it were my favorite character, but for characters I'm only partially vested in I can't b/c it will bother me every time i look at the figure on my shelf, which kills the enjoyment.

At the end of the day there are waaaay to many characters that i love that can get the 1/6 treatment, i only have limited space and money so the characters that i do buy better be damn well made and worth the price tag( which is getting higher with each new release it seems:slap)

Spiderman seems like old news but I'm thinking of ordering him. Thanks to all the comments and picture that look great. And 150 is a good price.

I am a huge Spidey fan, but I never loved his movie representation. I think they did a good job of making him realistic while still true to his comic roots. But still, I never loved how he actually looked.

So while I liked it in the movie, I never had a desire to have his movie look represented in a figure.

But HT has made a miniature Spider-Man. Granted, it's easier when you don't have to sculpt a face, but this figure could be Photoshopped into a movie still, and you'd have a hard time telling.

Which is why I wound up caving. Same thing with Captain America. I didn't have much interest in either, but when they do that good of a job, it pushed it into "buy" territory for me.

And if I knew HT was making two million Spider-Mans, I probably would have held off to make sure I still wanted him. But I definitely don't want to pay $200+ for this guy in a few months.

I am a huge Spidey fan, but I never loved his movie representation. I think they did a good job of making him realistic while still true to his comic roots. But still, I never loved how he actually looked.

So while I liked it in the movie, I never had a desire to have his movie look represented in a figure.

But HT has made a miniature Spider-Man. Granted, it's easier when you don't have to sculpt a face, but this figure could be Photoshopped into a movie still, and you'd have a hard time telling.

Which is why I wound up caving. Same thing with Captain America. I didn't have much interest in either, but when they do that good of a job, it pushed it into "buy" territory for me.

And if I knew HT was making two million Spider-Mans, I probably would have held off to make sure I still wanted him. But I definitely don't want to pay $200+ for this guy in a few months.

:goodpost::exactly: I LOVED Spidey as kid, had a ton of comics and even have pics of when I dressed as Spider Man for Halloween one year :lol

The movies imo are terrible though, I really dislike all of them, and that has really put a damper on my Spidey appetite. But seeing how HT hit a home run with this Spidey and the price point under $200 makes it a must buy for me.

I refuse to get gauged later and be kickin my own arse :D

Am I the only one who is kinda shocked to hear about how many people disliked the spidey movies in this thread? I was always under the impression that they were pretty well received by fans :huh

I think most fans appreciate the first couple of movies. The 3rd one is where I and many others take issue. . .because it sucks so hard in oh, so many ways.

Like Mr. Gahan, I've never been a huge fan of the movie suit. Because I didn't see the need for the gray webbing, but other than that I dig it.

I think most fans appreciate the first couple of movies. The 3rd one is where I and many others take issue. . .because it sucks so hard in oh, so many ways.

Like Mr. Gahan, I've never been a huge fan of the movie suit. Because I didn't see the need for the gray webbing, but other than that I dig it.

I can understand the hate towards the third film, it took a dip in quality at that point but I feel like alot of people forget how good the first two films were.

Back