Hot Toys - MMS143 - Spider-Man 3 official specs and pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nah I was just being humorous ............. I even edited my post long before you replied. I don't care if people nitpick, I just have a duty under the brotherhood of the elite to stir certain controversies every now and then.

:wink1:

:lol ..ok then:), keep up the good work!:hi5:

He does look like he has diamonds encrusted in his eyepieces, i really hope there is decent ankle articulation, otherwise his crawling spider like poses will be really hard

Here's some of my compics that I will mailed to the HT this week (with lots of description of course):

111111.jpg

111.jpg

11111111111111111.jpg

P.S. all pics are for illustration purposes and not pretend to be an accurate comparison

P.P.S. ignore McGuire's face!!! Just forgot to blur it :monkey3

For those who can't see what's wrong/missing from this spider-man figure short of being awesome and perfect, here's a list down...

1. Eye lens mesh pattern is too big.
2. Color of the web pattern on the suit is too white and too thick.
3. The spider logo on the chest is inaccurate, too thick and too small.
4. The "brick" pattern on the red color is too big.
5. The boots, if made from hard plastic hinders the articulation and can't do crouches properly.

Other than these, the figure is good but I know HT can do better.

If HT can fix all these, this will be the perfect (movie) spider-man for collectors.

P.S. This is not nitpicking but constructive suggestions and for those who whine because of "whiners", don't you want a perfect spider-man for your collection or not? :dunno

Anyways, this will be my last post regarding what can be fixed/done for this figure. :D

Last edited:
For those who can't see what's wrong/missing from this spider-man figure short of being awesome and perfect, here's a list down...

5. The boots, if made from hard plastic hinders the articulation and can't do crouches properly.

If HT can fix all these, this will be the perfect (movie) spider-man for collectors.

P.S. This is not nitpicking but constructive suggestions and for those who whine because of "whiners", don't you want a perfect spider-man for your collection or not? :dunno

Anyways, this will be my last post regarding what can be fixed/done for this figure. :D

Only deal-breaker for me is the boots. Even then I still might get this figure anyhow, being Spidey n'all.

Has anybody wondered why we are getting full spec and pics in Dec 2010 and yet this thing is not getting released until Q3 2011

That is a long wait for HT standards! Does anybody wonder if that is because they realise there is still alot to be done but just wanted something to show us :dunno

Yep and yep. That's a huge wait. They clearly know they have a hell of a lot of work to do if they're going to spend nearly another year on the thing. Guess they just wanted the specs out this year since it would be a nice announcement for their big 10th anniversary (though a lot of what came out this year was somewhat "meh," save for the IM2 line).

I'd say the biggest issue is the boots, but it's clear from the recently-posted comparison shots that the body itself needs to be modified with rounder shoulders. Otherwise, it looks more dollish than film-accurate.

Originally Posted by Kuzeh
Absolutely amazing!!
Great job HT as usual!!!
:clap!!

Seriously the amount of whining with EVERY HT announcement is getting to pathetic levels... this figure looks great!! :nana:

Hear! Hear! Kuzeh.

This ____ is really getting old and pathetic. Specs thread have seriosuly gone down hill & become nothing but up _____-fests. These types of ungrateful reactions is one of the main reasons I no longer look to visit HT facebook page; starting to feel the exact same way about the boards.

It kills me how EVERYONE is an expert sculpter/artist & can tell professionals how to do their jobs. Never seen grown ass men act like such babies.....ugh..its really disgusting

Hear! Hear! Kuzeh.

This ____ is really getting old and pathetic. Specs thread have seriosuly gone down hill & become nothing but up _____-fests. These types of ungrateful reactions is one of the main reasons I no longer look to visit HT facebook page; starting to feel the exact same way about the boards.

It kills me how EVERYONE is an expert sculpter/artist & can tell professionals how to do their jobs. Never seen grown ass men act like such babies.....ugh..its really disgusting

Not everyone is "telling them how to do their jobs" Some are merely suggesting things that can be improved. People are analytical...it happens. Welcome to the internet :wave

Last edited:
Hear! Hear! Kuzeh.

Repeating what i said already..

There is nothing wrong with nitpicking:dunno ..if there are things that can be changed and it's in hot toys ability to do so ..we have the right to point those things out.

It would be a little boring if we all had the same opinion..

The boots MUST be fixed!

Totally agree with you on all of those points. I'm undecided on this figure at the moment but if HT fixes the boots and the web pattern then this is a definite buy.

Back