Hot Toys - MMS143 - Spider-Man 3 official specs and pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I wonder if they'll do New Goblin :lol

new_goblin.jpg

There's probably a bigger market for Venom than the other villains. He's the one I'd want the least but it seems that fanboys still get chubbies over him.

Movie venom sucks big time, i hope to god they do Doc Ock, best villain of the series, and for the love of god, no Sideways snowboard non- goblin GG jr waste of a fig

Ive pre-ordered, but am stille not completley sold on this piece, its a shame that that chose some extreme poses that obviously cannot be obtained without some kind of help/support...I'm probably gonna pose him in "a landing on the train" stance like in SM2

Not sure why thats a bad thing when they're trying to demonstrate his articulation, his range of movement and his ability to assume distinctly Spiderman poses, not unlike the one you say you want to put yours in :confused:

Most likely it was the easiest to get. The likeness rights, licensing fees, issues differ from film to film. Much like they did with Terminator or Predators, they'll nab the easiest so it gives them a chance to work on older licenses in the process. The newer films don't usually require too much and many licensees have said the older the film even 10 years comes along with red tape. I guarantee that if allowed HT will go back and do the Power Ranger Goblin and Doc Ock. Whether or not we'll get Spideys too remains to be seen.

i think they chose spidey 3 because they can do venom. everybody knows venom will always outsell doc ock or goblin. spidey is pretty much the same in film 1, 2, or 3 anyway, so why not pick film 3 so you can do venom as well.

Damn if they did Snowboarder Harry over The Green Goblin I'd be pissed.

If they do a bunch of characters (and this is HT we're talking about so I doubt it) I only want regular Spidey, Green Goblin and Doc Ock.

I wonder if they'll do New Goblin :lol

new_goblin.jpg

I actually love the air born fight at the beginning of SM3. I would like a battle damaged Peter in street-clothes with some webbing. I'd probably buy a New Goblin. As the bastard son of the SM1 Goblin his costume makes sense to me. More so than a Halloween mask and a purse would have.

If they do a bunch of characters (and this is HT we're talking about so I doubt it) I only want regular Spidey, Green Goblin and Doc Ock.

Totaly same here :lecture

Yeah this will suck...
Teenagelooking Gobby are... blah :slap:gah:

Still hope that there is little chance that we'll get GGoblin.
As far as I can remember W.Dafoe figure was announced in PLATOON line and this means that his likeness soon will be available for HT.

If I could pick one other character it would be Doc Ock for sure. Not only because of my affinity for the character, but that design seems like something HT could really sink their teeth into.

It looks OK, I guess. I dunno. It just seems like something HT would have released a few years back when you compare it to other offerings, like the T-800 or their Iron Man stuff. He looks doughy and, like someone said earlier, like he's wearing pajamas. And the silver webbing is garbage.

If I could pick one other character it would be Doc Ock for sure. Not only because of my affinity for the character, but that design seems like something HT could really sink their teeth into.

Yeah, similar to Whiplash. A Hot Toys Doc Ock would be amazing with the articulated tentacles and the unique body.

I don't think the Green Goblin would be a slouch in the design department for them either. I could just see the complex suit, Willem Dafoe portrait, mask and then that awesome metallic purple glider with pumpkin bombs and that trident thing he had.

Doc Ock and Goblin NEED to happen, but I doubt they will. I'm sure they'd be much better sellers than Sandman and Venom especially since there's so much more to them (Doc Ock's harness, Green Goblin's glider and suit).

It's interesting to note that Goblin and Doc Ock were originally going to have a team up similar to Venom/Sandman in the first Spider-Man together. Glad they didn't go that route.

Im surprised with all the nitpicking that nobody is really pointing out the eyes.
This is 1000 guaranteed purchase for me, I really have no issues except the eyes cause in all the movies, they are reflective. But the HT version has a mesh look.
I'll probably end up modding it if HT leaves it as it is.

This is my modded Medicom

35359wl.jpg

Yeah, similar to Whiplash. A Hot Toys Doc Ock would be amazing with the articulated tentacles and the unique body.

I don't think the Green Goblin would be a slouch in the design department for them either. I could just see the complex suit, Willem Dafoe portrait, mask and then that awesome metallic purple glider with pumpkin bombs and that trident thing he had.

Doc Ock and Goblin NEED to happen, but I doubt they will. I'm sure they'd be much better sellers than Sandman and Venom especially since there's so much more to them (Doc Ock's harness, Green Goblin's glider and suit).

It's interesting to note that Goblin and Doc Ock were originally going to have a team up similar to Venom/Sandman in the first Spider-Man together. Glad they didn't go that route.

I think I said this before but I honestly wouldn't be surprised if this figure is a one-off. They announced it so long ago that another SM movie with Raimi/Maguire was looking like a done deal but now I'm sure Sony will want them to focus on the reboot product.

Anybody's guess of course, but typically licensors don't want to compete with their own product when they are trying to push something new.

Im surprised with all the nitpicking that nobody is really pointing out the eyes.
This is 1000 guaranteed purchase for me, I really have no issues except the eyes cause in all the movies, they are reflective. But the HT version has a mesh look.
I'll probably end up modding it if HT leaves it as it is.

They have been reflective, as in mirrorlike, in posters but never actually appeared that way in the films.

HT are correct to use mesh but it should be much smaller and not as prominent. I would like the lenses to have more of that 'mother of pearl' look to them like the films.

The figure is pretty awesome but they definitely need to make some adjustments. The lines on the suit are too thick, they should be slimmer and the boots detract from the realism. In some pics you can see the body posed nicely and then you look at the boots, and it ruins the whole thing since they look like solid pieces of plastic.

When the nitpickers came i left. I'll do the same with CR supes, see ya at preorder! (i'm sure 1 or 2 things will be revised, but even as is, it's a guarantee purchase for me)

Its about time someone made a good spiderman ill be buying this one.
Billy

Back