Hot Toys - MMS143 - Spider-Man 3 official specs and pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Aye i have to admit the black spidey isn't doing alot for me as it should be more leathery/vinyl looking or whatever.

I do want a Venom though.

Can't wait to post a picture of a shelf with both Spideys on it and make you all jealous. :pfft:

Everything seems more seamless because it's black though... especially the hands. I hate needlessly shiny hands (looking at you Enterbay), and Spidey's hands stand out for me. Still, great figure, bought.

Same here Cbob. It would benefit from the webbing being a bit shinier I think. If they did that I would probably like it more.

Why aren't people more excited about this figure? I guess cause it's just a repaint (of sorts).

I'm so glad they finally showed it. I knew what it was going to look like and it still impressed me. 2nd best figure of the show for me but I'm a massive Spidey fan (especially the Symbiote)

I want it more like this though co's that really looks cool.

Black-Spiderman-psd34989.png

All that talk about wanting a symbiote Spidey & now peeps are like "Eh whatever" :lol I want a battle damaged Spidey most from the movies, so I might support symbiote Spidey if it leads to a BD Spidey :D

I wanted a symbiote Spiderman, but I wanted the comic version with just all black and a big white spider on front and back. I will be getting the original blue and red version.

I think the black HT Spidey looks friggin fantastic!!

I'm sure by official order time, the webbing will be nice & bright, & the costume in general will be fine tuned.

I'm pumped for more news on him!! :duff

I want it more like this though co's that really looks cool.

Black-Spiderman-psd34989.png

It should look more like this but it will be tough. If you watch the behind the scenes stuff on making the costume it tells you that the shiny honeycomb pattern was a transfer overlaid on the costume like an iron on t-shirt. The fabric was done the same way as the red with the muscle shading through thermo processing. But the pattern was embossed. That is why it looks shiny because it's a glossy print press giving it that wet leathery plastic or vinyl look. Hot toys in doing it right. They just may not be able to get that shiny embossed look on the honeycomb pattern.

I'll buy it either way. I think it looks awesome. If they were to improve on the shininess I'd be happier but this will be on my shelf either way.

If HT decided to stop making any more figures from Spiderman 1, 2 & 3, wouldn't that be more of a reason to get this figure? It's HT, it's Spiderman, & it's a good figure. Even if you didn't like the movies, this is a good representation of Spiderman altogether. You don't have to look at this figure & think "oh, that's Spiderman from Spiderman 3". You can look at it & think "that's Spiderman" :D If you are a Spidey fan, comic, cartoon, movie or Electric Company, is there a better figure? :D

No, they gain value by making limited supply of each edition. So, when new comers and pepole who didn't have the money at the time notice they sold out, they end up paying more for them when they decide to get them. When they keep making more new ones from the same line, the originals LOSE value. Sooner or later the market will be flooded, and companies like this will go bankrupt. Why not just make add-ons and accessories to update the originals instead? :exactly:

Back