Hot Toys - MMS143 - Spider-Man 3 official specs and pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Some quick Snaps put into my new Cabinet for statues.

img1059z.jpg

img1060k.jpg

img1061d.jpg

Potato Salad. :lecture

EDIT: Omg post 3000!!! :fireworks

I did it! I wanna thank everyone who made this post possible. Everyone I was arguing with about Cap shield, all those pics I posted in the Mark 5 thread (YOU ROCK Mk5!) And the Transformers thread. Those last ten post weren't easy, but then that Rescue/USO Cap thread just showed up outta nowhere :yess: :wave

My Spidey turned up today. Such a great figure, I remember being all excited about it when I 1st see pictures of him at HT 10 year anniversary exhibition in Tokyo & now after all them months I finally have him. Only downer is mine is missing a couple of stitches on his his back, I considered sending it back but it doesn't really show, just as long as it doesn't get worse. Anyone else had that problem. I would posted a picture but I can't before anyone asks.

Potato Salad. :lecture

EDIT: Omg post 3000!!! :fireworks

I did it! I wanna thank everyone who made this post possible. Everyone I was arguing with about Cap shield, all those pics I posted in the Mark 5 thread (YOU ROCK Mk5!) And the Transformers thread. Those last ten post weren't easy, but then that Rescue/USO Cap thread just showed up outta nowhere :yess: :wave

Congrats dude! :hi5:

i had the same issue. it tried pushing the black cloth back up there but it was near impossible so i just did a clean cut. no problems now.

Okay, here's my right handed tutorial on how to fix the long black sleeve on the figures left arm:

1. Take the left hand off.
  2. Pull on the red sleeve with your right hand so that it is longer than the black under-sleeve. And I mean pull it well beyond where the forearm ends. Like half an inch.
  3. Squeeze the forearm with your left thumb and first finger, holding both sleeves together, with the outer red sleeve stretched past the black under sleeve.
  4. Let go of the red sleeve with your right hand.
  5. Using your left hand, slide the sleeves together up the forearm a bit so that the red sleeve meets up with the end of the arm.
  6. Don't let the black sleeve slide back down or you'll be back to square one. To prevent this, use your right thumb and forefinger to hold the red sleeve tight to the forearm. You can then release the sleeves with your left hand.
  7. Use your left hand to massage the black sleeve up the arm. This step is very over simplified here, and will require some experimentation. You will most likely switch hands at some point. Just make sure you don't let the black sleeve slide back down prematurely. One tip is that if you hold the figure up to the window or a bright light you can see through the red sleeve if you pull it away from the body a bit - revealing the placement of the black sleeve. You want it to slide up to/over the shoulder joint.
  8. After doing all that, you will most likely find that the black sleeve is still too long. Repeat 1 - 7 until the desired result is achieved. I like to have the black sleeve a little shorter than the red sleeve, allowing me to pull the red sleeve down over the wrist joints.

The reasons I feel this is better than cutting the sleeve are as follows:

• The black sleeves are most likely the same length on each arm. If you cut one, they are no longer the same length.
  • The sleeves serve the purpose of concealing the joints. In most cases, if the black sleeve is showing at the wrist, it is not covering (more accurately - smoothing out) the shoulder joint well, leaving it looking lumpy. Cutting the fabric at the end fixes one problem, but not both.
  • If you cut the sleeve, your figure is no longer mint.

Last edited:
Okay, here's my right handed tutorial on how to fix the long black sleeve on the figures left arm:

1. Take the left hand off.
  2. Pull on the red sleeve with your right hand so that it is longer than the black under-sleeve. And I mean pull it well beyond where the forearm ends. Like half an inch.
  3. Squeeze the forearm with your left thumb and first finger, holding both sleeves together, with the outer red sleeve stretched past the black under sleeve.
  4. Let go of the red sleeve with your right hand.
  5. Using your left hand, slide the sleeves together up the forearm a bit so that the red sleeve meets up with the end of the arm.
  6. Don't let the black sleeve slide back down or you'll be back to square one. To prevent this, use your right thumb and forefinger to hold the red sleeve tight to the forearm. You can then release the sleeves with your left hand.
  7. Use your left hand to massage the black sleeve up the arm. This step is very over simplified here, and will require some experimentation. You will most likely switch hands at some point. Just make sure you don't let the black sleeve slide back down prematurely. One tip is that if you hold the figure up to the window or a bright light you can see through the red sleeve if you pull it away from the body a bit - revealing the placement of the black sleeve. You want it to slide up to/over the shoulder joint.
  8. After doing all that, you will most likely find that the black sleeve is still too long. Repeat 1 - 7 until the desired result is achieved. I like to have the black sleeve a little shorter than the red sleeve, allowing me to pull the red sleeve down over the wrist joints.

The reasons I feel this is better than cutting the sleeve are as follows:

• The black sleeves are most likely the same length on each arm. If you cut one, they are no longer the same length.
  • The sleeves serve the purpose of concealing the joints. In most cases, if the black sleeve is showing at the wrist, it is not covering (more accurately - smoothing out) the shoulder joint well, leaving it looking lumpy. Cutting the fabric at the end fixes one problem, but not both.
  • If you cut the sleeve, your figure is no longer mint.

thanks for the information!:wave

Back