Hot Toys MMS146- Thor (Chris Hemsworth) 1/6 Limited Edition Figure Full Specs + Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I want this guy more than Loki

Yeah, even though he is a secondary character, I found him to be as interesting, if not more, than Loki. Although I must admit the later is essential to complete the trio.

BTW don't you all think the movie has been good enough to deserve an ongoing line of figures? At least I can't wait to watch it again.

Yeah, even though he is a secondary character, I found him to be as interesting, if not more, than Loki. Although I must admit the later is essential to complete the trio.

BTW don't you all think the movie has been good enough to deserve an ongoing line of figures? At least I can't wait to watch it again.

Yep I think the movie is good enough to deserve an ongoing line. I feel Hot Toys is going to test the waters with Odin (Thor they know will sell out) to see how well the secondary characters do in the market. If it does sell out quickly I think they'll expand the line to add Loki (which is a no brainer) and hopefully others will follow then. If Odin doesn't do well I feel the line will end :monkey2

^^ Problem is (at least for me) that they are releasing too much stuff in a very short period of time: Thor, Odin, DX Sparrow,...Sweeney Todd...without mentioning other preorders with other companies!!.

I'd love to get these right now, but the truth is that I just can't afford them, and I'm sure many others are in the same boat.

I really hope HT doesn't see this as low interest and continue the line with other characters because I'd certainly love to get them...eventually :D

Preorders for Thor seem to be doing ok as a number of my favorite 1/6 retailers are sold out ATM. I think HT pre-determines the number of characters they do out of each license well ahead of time, mainly due to the legal issues and time it takes to secure everything (not to mention the actual R&D of the figure itself).

I still wonder if they will continue with certain lines like Expendables where they expressed interest in doing Jet Li and Jason Statham's characters. And then there's upcoming licenses like Tron where they are only doing Kevin Flynn as a full figure (Sam is a static figure paired with bike accessory, probably due to the logistics of the movie's skin-tight costumes, not easy at all to do as articulated 1/6 action figures).

^^ Problem is (at least for me) that they are releasing too much stuff in a very short period of time: Thor, Odin, DX Sparrow,...Sweeney Todd...without mentioning other preorders with other companies!!.

I'd love to get these right now, but the truth is that I just can't afford them, and I'm sure many others are in the same boat.

I really hope HT doesn't see this as low interest and continue the line with other characters because I'd certainly love to get them...eventually :D
True....and the biggest factor: It's Hot Toys we're talking about, so there's no saying what they will do next. :D

This just in, true believers:

Hot Toys has re-worked the Thor figure, and will be releasing it with a limited edition Stan Lee figure, and will be releasing The Hulk after that.

leaked proto pic follows:

thor_hulk_lee.jpg

:wink1:

Unlike Iron Man Thor has had the same basic costume. They may loose the sleeves but I doubt it. Like I said it will be basic changes but nothing like the Mark suits, but I'll look at the art book again maybe there is a look in there they didn't go with that they might this time. As far as the toys and stuff go look at Target or Wal-Mart they've got all kinds of different looks in that already none of which saw the light of day,
I dunno, there's a pretty drastic difference between this:

thor_comic_book_image_01.jpg

And this:

kevin-mckidd-thor.gif

I might argue that's as much of a shift as we saw from Mark III to IV to VI, anyway. Not that they would go for a Kirby look in the film, but surely there is a pretty stark distinction between his looks in the comics, and lots of room for modification. He could shave his beard, he could lose the long sleeves, he could dress in black and get a big belt like Ultimates Thor, he could get a different helmet, he could get a fancy gold outfit like Simonson's armored Thor, etc.

And I suspect they will do something pretty noticeably different to sell toys. Though the stores are always gonna release lame re-paints, the core design in the movie is gonna influence all the other toys for a given line, and what kids want to buy. Merchandise sales are as key as box office receipts to films nowadays, and thus. . .different Iron Man, different Batman, different Wolverine, etc.

I dunno, there's a pretty drastic difference between this:

thor_comic_book_image_01.jpg

And this:

kevin-mckidd-thor.gif

I might argue that's as much of a shift as we saw from Mark III to IV to VI, anyway. Not that they would go for a Kirby look in the film, but surely there is a pretty stark distinction between his looks in the comics, and lots of room for modification. He could shave his beard, he could lose the long sleeves, he could dress in black and get a big belt like Ultimates Thor, he could get a different helmet, he could get a fancy gold outfit like Simonson's armored Thor, etc.

Yes, that is a large difference in the way the outfits looks and I am sure they will tweak it some to make a new outfit. Which I think will be your example of the Mark III to the Mark VI which is not a big difference really. Like I said they will do something minor but it won't be as dramatic difference.

And I suspect they will do something pretty noticeably different to sell toys. Though the stores are always gonna release lame re-paints, the core design in the movie is gonna influence all the other toys for a given line, and what kids want to buy. Merchandise sales are as key as box office receipts to films nowadays, and thus. . .different Iron Man, different Batman, different Wolverine, etc.

I guess we will disagree on that. I just think you're flat out wrong on that its gonna be something super dramatic. It will be something like a belt buckle or minor armor tweak. Maybe a minor design that they almost went with in the art book. I agree but the kids toys at these stores they already go with crazy outfits anyways.

Kara basically they'll go with something minor really like say one of these two.

41538764.jpg

Last edited:
kinda wish they made loki instead of odin but I hope we see loki along the way he was so awesome in the movie.

This just in, true believers:

Hot Toys has re-worked the Thor figure, and will be releasing it with a limited edition Stan Lee figure, and will be releasing The Hulk after that.

leaked proto pic follows:

thor_hulk_lee.jpg
Gawd, theyve come along way.
Was Stan Lee ever young?

Back