Hot Toys -MMS167 - Captain America: The First Avenger: Red Skull Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thats my problem cause I want them side by side eventually, I think if I could put the Red Skull outfit on a Avengers Cap body or one with similar height and a skinnier build it would look good.

The long foot pegs will definitely give him another 1/4"-1/3" which I think is necessary. Because of the nature of the outfit and the Slim body that it's custom tailored for, it'll be tough finding another body that will work well. That's the deal when outfits are tailored for specific bodies. When it's a larger body there is some wiggle room that allows the possibility for a couple of different options to work, but when the outfit is made for a skinnier, shorter body there really aren't many(any) options to go up. Similarly, you couldn't fit clothes that are made specifically for a larger body on a smaller one.

I did this comparison recently for another custom project. From left to right you have the Bruce Lee (TTM19), Slim (TTM09/21), Red Skull, Coulson and Narrow (TTM18). This is what I mean by an "altered" Slim. The Red Skull body is a Slim with Narrow (TTM18) upper arms and longer ankle sockets. The longer sockets give it an extra 1/8"-1/4" but at the end of the day it's still in the Slim category and that's why he's a bit of a shorty

Also the padded the Red Skull body with this which is used to slightly beef up the chest area:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Hot-Toys-C...3810?pt=US_Action_Figures&hash=item337bd05882

Thanks! Anyone who owns this know if the colors are accurate and if it is in fact to scale? I have it watched in my eBay, thanks for the links! The more expensive one has more accurate colors I think, plus the cheaper one says it is made of tin? Can anyone confirm which is the best version to get? Also, is there assembly required and is it difficult? I'm not very good with models...

I also wish I knew how to put that clip on the shield so that I could place it on his back. I could never get the shield evenly balanced and straight on his back because of the damn clip!

You got it :duff. I just stumbled on them on The Bay but I wouldn't doubt that there's a thread for them in the Marvel section that could answer your questions

LOL, Barry's posted these dozens of times.

Yeah, but never standing next to Loki!

Any pics of this?

I couldn't be bothered moving them all to another shelf, so i just took the two in the grey tunics.
Both on $10 Dam Toys bodies with long pegs.

BAE2B1DF-6A8D-4378-AFD1-539C5D753C12.jpg

I was was worried there for a second. Those bodies don't have expensive shipping for me and I am in Scotland.

lol, I use CK a bit and always have stuff in my basket done a quick check whilst also watching youtube, went back and saw £12 for postage and was shocked, went back when I read your post and the was a Zod in my basket too.

lol, I use CK a bit and always have stuff in my basket done a quick check whilst also watching youtube, went back and saw £12 for postage and was shocked, went back when I read your post and the was a Zod in my basket too.

Sweet.
I never overlook the cheaper bodies.
One thing i forgot last night was to mention, they usually use different wrist pegs...
They use HT style foot pegs but need special wrist pegs, and share them with soldier story style pegs.

Back