Hot Toys -MMS167 - Captain America: The First Avenger: Red Skull Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yes siree! At this stage a steal indeed. I think I got one of the last good bargains because like you said the eBay prices are finally starting to rise and all the cheap ones that were lingering around at all the etailers' for so long have dried up

Nice! Congrats that's a steal. I know the feeling, someone put a MISB HT Bane for $180 shipped Buy It Now when he was already selling at the mid to high $200 range on eBay. And I was about to spend that much too.

170!!! Nice ! What a steal... prices are creepin up there on ebay so looks like you lucked out.

I was sure that it was going to be all about Skull sculpt & black coat. I haven't even attempted that set up yet because I'm so stuck on the Johann look right now. Awesome pick up :yess:

Sweet score.
Well done.
For another $30 or so, you can easily put together the other look on a body. So you can have them both on display. You already have the second headsculpt, the black trenchcoat, gloved hands with pegs and tesseract/gun. All you need are boots, a body and a stand and you can have two figures set up.

B2988A27-9289-4660-B84A-212820420930.jpg

Sweet score.
Well done.
For another $30 or so, you can easily put together the other look on a body. So you can have them both on display. You already have the second headsculpt, the black trenchcoat, gloved hands with pegs and tesseract/gun. All you need are boots, a body and a stand and you can have two figures set up.

Yeah its a great figure, you just get a little extra and you can easily make 2 from 1, I just have 2 though unlike your 4, its like attack of the clones there! :lol

Sweet score.
Well done.

Thanks fellas. I love landing a good deal :yess:

Well I got a steal on the first one but I went and grabbed another for $220 shipped (which was the lowest out there at this time; the cheapy days are almost over on this piece) yesterday so I can get the parts I need for the second fig. I didn't care about stretching a little because I plan on selling the 2 sculpts, the pistol, probably the Tesseract and possibly the pants, so if I can net back $90-$130 then I got all the parts I need (plus extras & another box) for way cheaper than I would've if piecing together at this point. If I sell those parts I still get a spare black coat and a spare set of hands, and these hands are very useful for other bashes and have become scarce on the market.

For the black coat look I wanted to have the collar of the grey shirt visible. Ive heard that the black coat over the grey shirt makes it too bulky so I was thinking of cutting the grey shirt in the same shape/pattern as the chest padding (or maybe just cutting off the sleeves): https://www.ebay.com/itm/Hot-Toys-C...3810?pt=US_Action_Figures&hash=item337bd05882

As anyone done anything like that? What do you think?

Nice inexpensive bash there PD1!

Lol. That's just crazy talk.
You can make yourself a collar from black leatherette. And save the tunic. Only the collar is visible anyway. I can show you how if you want.

:lol:lol The last thing I really want to do is mangle the tunic but I considered doing it since I'll have a spare in the second set I have coming.....

Yeah... and also, the collar shows fine without any mods if you have the patience to futz with it.
(more pics @ dwkungfustar.blogspot.com)

DSCN3897.jpg

DSCN3876.jpg

..... and the main reason why I thought about cutting it up is because all of the talk I heard on YouTube about it being too bulky when using the tunic & coat together and it hindering articulation.... but that looks perfect DW!!! I don't feel like that looks too bulky at all and my main concern was that the arms wouldn't be able to achieve deep bends, but yours clearly go way past 90°. Do you feel like using both together kills a lot of articulation?

^^^ There is definitely some resistance because the overcoat is thick, but it's just a matter of patience and futzing and it shouldn't be a problem. It's almost like new shoes, you have to break it in first, so don't worry if the coat resists the posing straight out of the box. Give the fabric some wear like it were real clothing and it'll eventually be "posable". Hope that helps, cheers!

That does help and I really like the way yours look! In "breaking it in" to hold a pose did you do any damage that's noticeable on the coat (permanent creasing, cracks, etc.)? It doesn't seem so in the pics but it may just not be showing up

No permanent damage as far as I can tell. The coat will crease like any other clothing/outerwear on any Hot Toys, no cracks or defects though so nothing to worry about there. I'm in the process of moving my display cabinets to a different room but when I'm done, I'll definitely take more pics. I posted some updated pics 2 pages back but I will have more. His inner oufit does appear darker in the film but I found nothing wrong with it as it is, I actually like the lighter contrast a bit more, but to each their own preference.

No permanent damage as far as I can tell. The coat will crease like any other clothing/outerwear on any Hot Toys, no cracks or defects though so nothing to worry about there. I'm in the process of moving my display cabinets to a different room but when I'm done, I'll definitely take more pics. I posted some updated pics 2 pages back but I will have more. His inner oufit does appear darker in the film but I found nothing wrong with it as it is, I actually like the lighter contrast a bit more, but to each their own preference.

Well its not a deal breaker but I just like movie accuracy!
Captain America The First Avenger 2011 1080p BluRay DTS-HD x264-BluEvo.mkv_snapshot_00.45.26_[20.jpg

Only thing that held me back from getting Skull--still does--is that the military outfit is the wrong color, and that's the look I would want on display.

https://www.sideshowcollectors.com/...ed-3-19-2014&p=4774201&viewfull=1#post4774201

Yeah that bugs me too

Yup that alway got my OCD going a little and partially why I passed till now, but I turn a blind eye to it. For whatever reason it doesn't drive me crazy enough to fix. Even though I'm all about screen accuracy I don't hate the way the suit looks in hand.

But Robbie's looks awesome! I don't remember that pic and I visited his thread many times back then

Finally got around to putting the black coat & Red Skull look together. I took the chest padding off but put the coat over the tunic and I think it looks great. Not too bulky at all but hinders articulation at the shoulders. Sick fig though!! The days of getting a fig with all that is included in this set (last week) for under $200 are looooong over!

Back